Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #91
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

I'd just call DME and verify they have the right resort confirmation number, just to be on the safe side.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:27 AM   #92
fqmm1974
Earning My Ears

Hi,

We will be flying from Thailand via JFK and arrived in MCO later in the afternoon. I have read all comments and I am very thankful for all information I've got.

However, My litter sister will be flying in from Washington D.C. (where she study) late that night. Her arrival time is 11:50pm.

My dad wants me to pick her up, eventhough we have registered her for DME service. What are my options?

1. Would I be able to catch a DME's bus to MCO and wait for my little sister and come back on DME's bus with her?

2. Do I have to arrange my own transportation to and from airport?

Please comments and advise.

Thanks
fqmm1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 AM   #93
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Welcome to the DIS boards!!!!
I think you would be better off just having your sister take DME herself. It seems that she is pretty able to get around on her own. If you try to take DME back to MCO in order to travel back to WDW with her, you will lose your return to the airport for your own flight. Each person on a WDW reservation is entitled to a ride to your resort from MCO and then a ride back to MCO from the resort...no more than that.
So...if your sister is on the resort reservation, she can ride DME when she arrives. Not sure what you want to do about her luggage tags. I would have her go without them, and have her go to baggage claim, get her own bags and then head to the DME checkin area. Her luggage can then go underneath the same bus she travels on. Be sure she has her own voucher though. You may want to make her a copy of the airport info that is in the packet you get from DME, as well as her own voucher.
Hope this helps somewhat.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:12 AM   #94
fqmm1974
Earning My Ears

Thank you goofy4tink.

I called booked DME for our trip. However, when I was about to give them my little sister's flight number, the guy on the phone said "just tell her to give the person at DME's desk your reservation number and very thing will be taken care of".

I am just wonder:

1. Is it OK to just show up? I thought I have read somewhere on this board that you need to make reservation to be eligible for DME.

2. I also thougth the DME's desk is closed after 11pm and when I asked the guy on the phone, he said "Yes, they will be open".

Thanks you for all comments
fqmm1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:54 AM   #95
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fqmm1974
Thank you goofy4tink.

I called booked DME for our trip. However, when I was about to give them my little sister's flight number, the guy on the phone said "just tell her to give the person at DME's desk your reservation number and very thing will be taken care of".

I am just wonder:

1. Is it OK to just show up? I thought I have read somewhere on this board that you need to make reservation to be eligible for DME.

2. I also thougth the DME's desk is closed after 11pm and when I asked the guy on the phone, he said "Yes, they will be open".

Thanks you for all comments
1. As long as your sister is listed on your resort reservation, she will be listed on the DME reservation. DME does not need all the different flight info, at least that's how it worked for my husband and daughter in May.

2. The DME checkin desk is open 24 hours. The wait for a bus may be a bit longer, but not a lot longer, because there are fewer people traveling. But, I think you may be surprised at how many people arrive late at night.

Hope all goes well for your family and you have a most magical trip!!

Old 10-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #96
golden1
DIS Veteran

How far ahead should I call to get my luggage tags? I am about 8 weeks out at this point.
Orion - 5/28/04

Disney Trips:

Christmas 1980 - Contemporary
Summer 1983 - Off-site
Summer 1987 - Contemporary
June 1995 - Honeymoon! Dixie Landings
October 1997 - Disney Cruise - Boardwalk/Wonder
October 2000 - Wilderness Lodge
Dec 8-9 All Star Suites Dec 10-15 2006 - BWV First trip with the kids!
golden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #97
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden1
How far ahead should I call to get my luggage tags? I am about 8 weeks out at this point.
No reason to wait. Do it now. You're not calling for luggage tags, you're calling to make a DME reservation.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:13 AM   #98
Hugpug
NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS

Tyler; I got my tags yesterday and they have mis-spelled my last name by one letter. Should call them or can I just print the correct spelling above the wrong one? Also they have my orig flight number which has changed and I am now coming in an hour later then before. Do I need to call them for this?

Next Trip When and If a Winful Happens cool1:
Have sayed at FW,POLY,CR,CB,ASM,POP,WL,POR,POFQ,Grovesor,Offsite over the years.
Hugpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:00 AM   #99
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugpug
Tyler; I got my tags yesterday and they have mis-spelled my last name by one letter. Should call them or can I just print the correct spelling above the wrong one? Also they have my orig flight number which has changed and I am now coming in an hour later then before. Do I need to call them for this?
On your luggage tags you will see your resort confirmation number...it should be right underneath your date of arrival, two sets of the same number. Check that number against your confirmation number. If they match, you're good to go. I have had my name spelled wrong, the resort incorrect, but my ressie number has been correct so no problems getting my bags.
As far as calling to let them know about a change in arrival time...you can, but you really don't need to.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #100
Hugpug
NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS

OK Goofy4tink I checked the tags and yes there are two sets of numbers but they are not the same. One is my reservation number but I don't know what the other one is. Now to top it all off I got another set of tags from my orgi. reservations at WL and those tags are the same way one set of numbers is the WL reservations number but not the other. But to make a long story short I got an e-mail from DME today as I had e-mailed them about the error in my name and they said to take a Magic Marker and print the name correctly on the tags. When I check in to DME desk to tell them of the error and they will print me a new voucher for my return trip to MCO. It seems as if DME does not handle changes very well there system needs some work I think. Just wanted everyone to know what I was told to do. It was a real laugh when I got home tonight and seen the second set of tags. Thanks for your help.

Next Trip When and If a Winful Happens cool1:
Have sayed at FW,POLY,CR,CB,ASM,POP,WL,POR,POFQ,Grovesor,Offsite over the years.
Hugpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #101
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

The second number is the DME reservation number.

As for the misspelled name, it doesn't matter for DME, but if it does for you, by all means just use the marker to correct it. Just do not obstruct the barcodes.

As for the flight... inbound doesn't matter. And like they said, they can re-print the vouchers at the Welcome Center... and you'll get another copy the day prior to check out.

I've used the DME system... it handles change just fine. It's just easier for all parties involved to have it taken care of at the airport. If they were to re-send you out stuff now, it might not get to you in time, and then you'd be worried. And even if it did, that would now be extra tags to get confused with the old ones. The Welcome Center can do the same thing, with the same effect, with much less confusion.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #102
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Hi!
This isn't specifically about my tags but my vouchers. I have 1 for each member of my party but with just our arrival date on it. Should I have also gotten one for our return trip or will I get that at the DME counter at check-in upon arrival?
Thanks!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #103
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!

You'll re-use them for your return trip.

You will also get a duplicate voucher on your door 1 day prior to check out with your departure time.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #104
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Thanks Tyler!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #105
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella
Hi!
This isn't specifically about my tags but my vouchers. I have 1 for each member of my party but with just our arrival date on it. Should I have also gotten one for our return trip or will I get that at the DME counter at check-in upon arrival?
Thanks!
When you arrive in Orlando and check in at the DME counter, they stamp the vouchers with a rubber stamp and leave them in your ticket booklet.

On departure, when the driver picks you up to take you back to the airport, he/she takes the voucher. So, only one voucher for each person.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: