Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Isn't Packing Part of the Trip?

So, on Thursday, after finding my four-legged companion had crossed the rainbow bridge, and arranging for her cremation (ashes to ashes . . . ), I had to get packing. The cleaning fell by the wayside, packing was more important. And despite my continuous impersonation of a geyser, had to be completed.

I was responsible for all packing except for my husband's clothing and his computer. That is how we pack in the Kitty household. So, I was busy arranging outfits for myself and the kiddos, and placing their outfits (complete with underwear and socks) in ziploc bags. Great tip, by the way. I did not get time to actually put dates and parks on the bags, and decided I could make those decisions once we were there. I checked my lists to make sure that all was included. I packed very little food (but a few snacks for the kids). I put toiletries into a box, since I decided that was easier to carry and put in the car. I spent a great deal of time locating my daughter's life jacket.

It is bright pink. It shouldn't be hard to spot. I looked all over the house. Twice. Three times. It was NOWHERE to be found. NOWHERE. I was frustrated. To say the least. Since I knew I had placed that blasted thing someplace perfectly logical. I finally located the stupid thing at the bottom of her closet. Which, frankly, was the most logical place for it. Not that I like to admit that.

Somewhere in the midst of packing and whatever cleaning I managed to do, I went to get the kids from daycare. (Yes, go ahead and flame me now. I took them to daycare even though I was home. After all, I did want to get something accomplished that day. AND, it's a good thing I did, or else they would have had to endure the sight of our family pet lying dead in the backyard, too.) Anyway. I had made the executive decision on Wednesday that we order pizza so that I didn't have to cook dinner either Wednesday or Thursday. Good decision, I must say. We ate that evening, which, if I hadn't ordered the pizza the day before, would by no means have been assured. The kids were bouncing with excitement.

We were not remotely packed.

Especially Boost.

In fact, he fell asleep that night with NoFear at @ 9 p.m. (in her bed) without even pulling out his suitcase. I continued to pack/gather what I could. I woke him a short while later so he could get busy, too. Instead, he decided to go to bed (our bed), saying that he would get up early the next morning to pack.

Ummmm, yeah. You do realize honey-bunny that if you get up early to pack, then I, by necessity, must also get up early? Huh? Do you? He set his alarm for 4 a.m. I was not destined to get much sleep that night anyway, so I guess it didn't matter that much.

I continued to pack/gather and put some items in the silver bullet van. I went to bed at midnight, after wishing my cyber-friends goodnight.

And Boost really DID get up at 4 a.m. At 5:15 he came through the bedroom and said that he was going to take a shower and then start packing. Which is what the FBI calls a clue. For me to get out of bed. Which I did. At least he had already made my coffee.

Up and at em!

Without further details, I can tell you that all was gathered, in the car, and we were on our way and out of the driveway at 9 a.m.! With our clothes, shoes, coffee maker, airbed, and canister vacuum. (Hey, I didn't ACTUALLY pack a sink, but I forgot the boy's potty . . .)

In our matching Disney shirts!

And, since Boost is still holding my snapshots hostage, I can only post a picture of the iron-on portion of the shirts. Instead of us IN the shirts. Anyway . . . (this is based on LadyLucca's design, btw, in case anyone is interested):

Woo Hooty!

We stopped at Burger King for some breakfast on our way out of town. We double checked that we had money, tickets, clothes, and both children. I made him pull over in the parking lot to make sure that I had grabbed NoFear's Crocs. Since the kids had been so excited that morning that they had decided on shoes themselves, rather than what I had set out for them. But, I was impressed that they each had on a matching pair, and also, that they had decided that they must wear identical shoes! So cute. Or would have been if they weren't decidedly WINTER shoes. Shrimpster will do EVERYTHING that NoFear does if given the chance.

A picture of the much-maligned Crocs:

As we pulled out of Burger King, for some reason (which remains a mystery to me) Boost mentioned that he wanted someday to eat at a Bob Evans. This comment came from left field. I do not know what prompted it. I do not know where he even heard of Bob Evans restaurants.

But later, I was forced to ponder whether he had ESP(N) . . .

Lunch, and the Circle of Life (Page 8, Post 109)
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 10-14-2006 at 09:22 PM. Reason: I warned everyone in the beginning that this was going to be boring . . . Sorry. I think it will get a teensy bit better later on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: