Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #91
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Isn't Packing Part of the Trip?

So, on Thursday, after finding my four-legged companion had crossed the rainbow bridge, and arranging for her cremation (ashes to ashes . . . ), I had to get packing. The cleaning fell by the wayside, packing was more important. And despite my continuous impersonation of a geyser, had to be completed.

I was responsible for all packing except for my husband's clothing and his computer. That is how we pack in the Kitty household. So, I was busy arranging outfits for myself and the kiddos, and placing their outfits (complete with underwear and socks) in ziploc bags. Great tip, by the way. I did not get time to actually put dates and parks on the bags, and decided I could make those decisions once we were there. I checked my lists to make sure that all was included. I packed very little food (but a few snacks for the kids). I put toiletries into a box, since I decided that was easier to carry and put in the car. I spent a great deal of time locating my daughter's life jacket.

It is bright pink. It shouldn't be hard to spot. I looked all over the house. Twice. Three times. It was NOWHERE to be found. NOWHERE. I was frustrated. To say the least. Since I knew I had placed that blasted thing someplace perfectly logical. I finally located the stupid thing at the bottom of her closet. Which, frankly, was the most logical place for it. Not that I like to admit that.

Somewhere in the midst of packing and whatever cleaning I managed to do, I went to get the kids from daycare. (Yes, go ahead and flame me now. I took them to daycare even though I was home. After all, I did want to get something accomplished that day. AND, it's a good thing I did, or else they would have had to endure the sight of our family pet lying dead in the backyard, too.) Anyway. I had made the executive decision on Wednesday that we order pizza so that I didn't have to cook dinner either Wednesday or Thursday. Good decision, I must say. We ate that evening, which, if I hadn't ordered the pizza the day before, would by no means have been assured. The kids were bouncing with excitement.

We were not remotely packed.

Especially Boost.

In fact, he fell asleep that night with NoFear at @ 9 p.m. (in her bed) without even pulling out his suitcase. I continued to pack/gather what I could. I woke him a short while later so he could get busy, too. Instead, he decided to go to bed (our bed), saying that he would get up early the next morning to pack.

Ummmm, yeah. You do realize honey-bunny that if you get up early to pack, then I, by necessity, must also get up early? Huh? Do you? He set his alarm for 4 a.m. I was not destined to get much sleep that night anyway, so I guess it didn't matter that much.

I continued to pack/gather and put some items in the silver bullet van. I went to bed at midnight, after wishing my cyber-friends goodnight.

And Boost really DID get up at 4 a.m. At 5:15 he came through the bedroom and said that he was going to take a shower and then start packing. Which is what the FBI calls a clue. For me to get out of bed. Which I did. At least he had already made my coffee.

Up and at em!

Without further details, I can tell you that all was gathered, in the car, and we were on our way and out of the driveway at 9 a.m.! With our clothes, shoes, coffee maker, airbed, and canister vacuum. (Hey, I didn't ACTUALLY pack a sink, but I forgot the boy's potty . . .)

In our matching Disney shirts!

And, since Boost is still holding my snapshots hostage, I can only post a picture of the iron-on portion of the shirts. Instead of us IN the shirts. Anyway . . . (this is based on LadyLucca's design, btw, in case anyone is interested):

Woo Hooty!

We stopped at Burger King for some breakfast on our way out of town. We double checked that we had money, tickets, clothes, and both children. I made him pull over in the parking lot to make sure that I had grabbed NoFear's Crocs. Since the kids had been so excited that morning that they had decided on shoes themselves, rather than what I had set out for them. But, I was impressed that they each had on a matching pair, and also, that they had decided that they must wear identical shoes! So cute. Or would have been if they weren't decidedly WINTER shoes. Shrimpster will do EVERYTHING that NoFear does if given the chance.

A picture of the much-maligned Crocs:

As we pulled out of Burger King, for some reason (which remains a mystery to me) Boost mentioned that he wanted someday to eat at a Bob Evans. This comment came from left field. I do not know what prompted it. I do not know where he even heard of Bob Evans restaurants.

But later, I was forced to ponder whether he had ESP(N) . . .

Lunch, and the Circle of Life (Page 8, Post 109)
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 10-14-2006 at 09:22 PM. Reason: I warned everyone in the beginning that this was going to be boring . . . Sorry. I think it will get a teensy bit better later on.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #92
tink38
I have gas. again.
You're SCARED To see the eyes glow blue

Amy! Great report so far! Let me say that I am SO sorry about your dog. I know how you feel.

Why is B holding the pics hostage? Did I miss something?

Last edited by tink38; 10-13-2006 at 04:04 PM. Reason: I see the Green Tag Fairy got you!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #93
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

I dont think it was boring at all! It was necessary to the story!

Love the little blue CROCs on little cute ankles!!! The pink ones are of course cute too, I just LOVE little fat baby feet!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #94
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Amy what a stressful time for you. I hope your trip has some pixie dust but you really deserve it.

The little ones shoes are so cute, do you own some too.

Are you an over packer? I know when we drove it was so easy to take more stuff, mind you we had that honking trailer.

Last edited by NAB; 10-13-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: The t-shirts must have been really cute.....
Old 10-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #95
FSUMARCHIEF
Adjust your cargo deary
Not quite the wooo hooty, but I always follow through on a challenge!
Cross my heart. I swear!

Location: Over here. Well, over here. Aw heck, you'll see me.

Not boring at all! I'm enjoying it muchly! Love the shirts!

Blessings!
MarkyMark
Old 10-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #96
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

Amy - Thanks for the packing list, cause I feel better now I think I did indeed take the kitchen sink and others can attest to the fact that I had a spare shower curtain rod just in case of emergency

The kids are so cute in their matching shirts

Last edited by Grammyof2; 10-13-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: The pictures are lovely
Old 10-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #97
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Sophia is on my other hand/arm/shoulder so I will just say , and it sounds like you pack just like me. Except when we drive I just use rubbermaid tins. They stack, are easy to put on a luggage cart, and hold a ton.

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]

Last edited by HaleyB; 10-13-2006 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Sophia noticed that we both took pictures of our kids feet in Crocs too... borg
Old 10-14-2006, 02:26 AM   #98
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Amy, I thought it was a good story, I love hearing all those details.

Now get to wrestling those pics from Boost! Can you do a midnight raid? Or some court order (I know you have connections....)
Old 10-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #99
Maxbon
Stroganoff
They told me I was just going for a ride. Why do I feel lighter?
My ears are kind of big too.

Since "you know who" doesn't read trip reports , I had to find this by myself. I was very sorry to hear about the loss of your pal.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #100
horsegirl
I feel blonder than a cocker spaniel!
I tell people I am 30-10-15 so they are super impressed
I got distracted by all the lovebugs on the pool bar

Location: running from the fruit stand and hiding all my nature pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaAristocat
Somewhere in the midst of packing and whatever cleaning I managed to do, I went to get the kids from daycare. (Yes, go ahead and flame me now. I took them to daycare even though I was home. After all, I did want to get something accomplished that day. AND, it's a good thing I did, or else they would have had to endure the sight of our family pet lying dead in the backyard, too.)
Who would flame you for making a good choice?! Anyone with kids knows how hard it is to get ANYTHING done with babybirds in the nest! You were smart to give yourself time and peace to get prepare. This translates into less stress on you and the rest of the family and increases the chance for a great beginning to a trip!

And sadly, you made the right decision for another reason..... I am sure it still hurts terribly....

Thanks Amy! and love your little T design!

Need a Smile? Snowstorm pix of a beautiful snowy day [/SIZE]
A Day at the Punkin Patch-A Celebration of a New England Fall Day
A Week by the Lake- A trip report designed to soothe and calm the reader
How to Make $3600 on Your Disney Vacation...A Trip Report

Last edited by horsegirl; 10-14-2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: this is not boring! stop it.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:30 AM   #101
GADISNEYGIRL
Maelstromer!
aka Marky Mark's Wife

Amy, so sorry about your dear pet.

So happy that you are finally on your way! In your adorable matching t-shirts! With your beautiful babies and their oh-so-cute Crocs!

Pre-DS : Many short (offsite) trips prior to 98; Contemporary, Concierge-Honeymoon 06/98; Contemporary 08/00; Off-site 12/00; Trips with DS : All Star Movies 09/03; All Star Movies 04/04; All Star Movies 05/04; Pop Century 09/04; All Star Movies/Pop Century 12/04; All Star Movies/Boardwalk Inn 02/05; Villas at the Wilderness Lodge 07/05; Pop Century Girls' Shopping/Eating Weekend 09/05; Coronado Springs impromptu for-our-sanity trip 11/05; Grand Floridian/MVMCP One Nighter 12/05; 1 night All Star Movies, 10 nights Wilderness Lodge 01/06; PO~Riverside 02/06 With Friends!; Farewell to Jen Weekend~CSR 02/06; Girls' (and Wesley!) Weekend~ASSp 05/06; Anniversary Trip~Contemporary 05/06; Broken Arm Trip~Yacht Club 07/06; Farewell to Cindybration~09/06; Prince Wesley Returns to the World~Riverside 09-10/06; Farewell AP Trip~AKL 01/07; Reunion with a friend~ASSp 02/07; PPP No More Stress Trip~08/07 CSR

Last edited by GADISNEYGIRL; 10-14-2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: I have never eaten with Bob Evans. Should I?
Old 10-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #102
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

Amy, I'm here! And not as far behind as I thought.

I am so terribly sorry to hear of the loss of GeorgiaAristodog. I know how much she'll be missed in your home.

Looking forward to hearing about the pixie dust that MUST have come your way after that sadness. During that sadness, too. It's only fitting.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #103
blue_river
I do believe in fairies!
Yahooty for you guys

It is NOT boring at all - all the small details make a world of difference - IMO.

We didn't purchase the Crocs - are they really that comfortable? I thought sneakers would be better but now everyone has me wondering. Cute iron on btw!

Looking forward to the pics Amy.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:39 PM   #104
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Great report so far. So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. The t-shirt design is adorable! Looking forward to more...
Old 10-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #105
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Girl, I love your report! I was getting caught up and thought I had another chapter left. Then realized I was at the end. Dang.

I am so sorry about your sweet dog. I hope it didn't cloud your vacation too much.

Looking forward to pics of your sweet family, and looking forward to your next installment!

Not boring AT ALL!!!

Take care -

NM

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: