Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #121
njmom23grls
DIS Veteran

WOW! I think I'm in Love "The Walt"....

Well, for the worrying Moms (and Dads) out there.... Pix of the Verandah door/railing. The Verandah is also covered by Plexiglass - so little feet can not climb through or use the railings to boost themselves. I was trying for perspective so please forgive the Magarita..(s).. but then again spacial reasoning was always where I flunked the test

Verandah railing/Plexi Glass
[IMG][/IMG]

Verandah Door
[IMG][/IMG]

Verandah Lock
[IMG][/IMG]

Room 7568 Disney Magic - Cat. 5 - Sleeps only 3
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by njmom23grls; 10-10-2006 at 10:56 AM.
njmom23grls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #122
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

The "library" with the bed closed up. We had our stateroom hostess (Monique...she was WONDERful!) remove one armchair and ottoman for extra space.

With the bed down:

looking toward the master bedroom, with one of the glass doors shut:

From the library to the master and the vanity:

Master bedroom. The closet is to the right...and you can walk through the closet into the main hallway and door to the stateroom. The door to the bathroom is to the left:

Last edited by justmestace; 09-16-2008 at 01:39 PM.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #123
justmestace

Not only can the little ones NOT open the verandah door, but us older gals had to have maintenance come up and try to make it easier for US to open the verandah doors!!
Old 10-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #124
justmestace

Continuing our tour of the Walt.... ....

Master bathroom sinks, the tub is to the left, and the shower and toilet are to the right

TV above the sinks:

Master tub:

Toilet and shower:

And, looking from the bathroom into the bedroom and library:

last, but not least, the verandah: Or as much as would fit in the lens

Last edited by justmestace; 09-16-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #125
MSWint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace
Not only can the little ones NOT open the verandah door, but us older gals had to have maintenance come up and try to make it easier for US to open the verandah doors!!
Yup, the verandah door is very safe without even locking. First, the handle is high enough that little ones (under the age of 5 or so, I would say) could not even reach the handle. Second, the handle is a little tricky to operate ... my DW and DD10 could not operate the door handle until the final day or so, after many many attempts and hours of instruction. Thirdly, the door is "heavy", I do not think that anyone under the age of 9 or so could open it from the closed position ... my DD10 (after days of practice) needed to use both hands and all of her bodyweight to get it started. We never even considered locking the door ... although I don't have a toddler to worry about getting out there on their own ... If I did, I would not worry as long as I simply closed the door behind me each time.
MSWint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #126
mruhaak
DIS Veteran

I'm relieved for these photos/picture of the verandah and doors. I have been wondering about that..... just in case we should be so fortunate to have a verandah room.
mruhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #127
sconnell
DIS Veteran

Do any of the Cat 11 sideways cabins sleep 4? We have two small children who are most likely going to sleep together anyway and I think the sideways cabins look cute.

Old Pic, but I love it...
sconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #128
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace
I have pictures of the Walt, if anyone wants to see them......yes, no?

We are staying in the Walt on the 12/29/07 cruise. Third cruise for all of us on the Magic, first in the Walt.

Since there are seven of four adults (DH and myself in MB) any suggestions for DD, SIL and three kids for sleeping arrangements? Second bedroom looks great for the kids and murphy bed for DD and SIL???

How about luggage? Did you feel there was plenty of room to store luggage?

Any tips about concierge service?

Any and all advice welcome.
birkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:43 PM   #129
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner
We are staying in the Walt on the 12/29/07 cruise. Third cruise for all of us on the Magic, first in the Walt.

Since there are seven of four adults (DH and myself in MB) any suggestions for DD, SIL and three kids for sleeping arrangements? Second bedroom looks great for the kids and murphy bed for DD and SIL???

How about luggage? Did you feel there was plenty of room to store luggage?

Any tips about concierge service?

Any and all advice welcome.
That's probably the only way that the sleeping arrangements will work, except your daughter could also sleep in the 2nd bedroom. There are two twin beds in the 2nd bedroom and they do NOT make into a queen...not in the Walt or Roy. They do in a Cat 2 two bedroom suite, though...just for clarification. Anyway, two twins and then two ceiling beds in the 2nd bedroom....so that's four. The murphy bed in the "library" is really small. It says double (it might even say queen) but I slept in it for 11 nights in September, and it is small! I'd recommend only putting one adult in it, if possible.
Also, we found out that there is NO sleeper sofa in the Walt.

When we were in the Roy for a 7 night cruise, and there were only four of us, we stored the luggage in the "pantry". But for the 11 night, we had concierge/housekeeping take our luggage and store it. With 7 people in the room, I think that would be your best option.

I don't ask much of concierge. If we are in a port where we tender, I DO use them to get priority tender, so that we don't have to wait in line for a ticket to tender, and I have had them make us reservations at the spa and Palo. But once the cruise is under way, I don't call them unless on the off chance there is a problem. Just too busy having a good time to think of things to ask for!
BUT.....definitely go to the concierge meeting in Sessions on the first day. I always have ready a list of spa and any excursions that I haven't already booked, and even ones that I did book, so that they can double check them for me. While you're there, you may think of something you'd like for them to do....or they may suggest something. Birthday? Anniversary? Second honeymoon??? They'll make it special. So by all means, go to that meeting!!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:06 AM   #130
birkner
DIS Veteran

So we are two couples, DH and myself, DD and SIL and three grandchildren so this is going to be a trick. Guess DH and I can sleep every other night in MB.

Thanks for the tip about the luggage. Both DD and myself always unpack first thing and sounds like we will need to get rid of the luggage. Tender tip was also good to know.

Grandkids have already seen the suite as visitors to family occupying suite on last cruise. Oldest is practicing what she will play on piano. Hope piano has been tuned as I read on an earlier thread it was out of tune. Knowing my grandkids, I am sure they will keep the staff hopping.

Grandkids love the kids club and the pool and never want to get off the ship except on Castaway Key though DH and I are big on shore excursions. DD and SIL love to relax on the ship as with three kids, it is great just to relax. We usually never see DD, SIL and kids except at shows or at dinner.

Did you eat much in your room? I like the idea of eating breakfast at least in the room. On last DCL ruise, we had table next to the Walt suite family and we never, ever saw them at dinner.

As for special occasions, we are celebrating my bday (Dec 20), DH b-day (Dec 27) and GS (Dec 28) b-day at WDW. SIL b-day is Dec 29, the day we board the ship so we have plenty to celebrate.

We will go the concierge meeting for sure as I love the spa and plus it is always good to find out what other services they may offer. Is this meeting something that you are notified of prior to boarding?

Your help is greatly appreciated and if you think of anything else that might be helpful to us, please do not hesitate to post.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:30 AM   #131
justmestace

When you check in, you'll be told and given a card about the concierge meeting. I usually send the rest of the family to lunch, and I go straight to the meeting. It's always in Sessions on the Magic and Cadillac Lounge on the Wonder.

Guess I totally forgot, the piano has been removed from the Walt Suite on the Magic. At least, that's what I was told. In September, it was still in the room on the Wonder.

DCL doesn't make this commonly known, but you can ask for a rollaway bed to be brought in. That might solve your problem.
Two people can sleep on the murphy bed, it IS possible.....it will just be "cozy".
I don't know if you saw the note I made about the library when I posted the pictures, but we asked the room steward to take the 2nd chair and the ottoman out of the library. Especially when the bed is opened up, it gave us so much more room in there. They took it completely out of the stateroom.

We had breakfast in the room almost every day, and always had at least coffee and danish.
We never miss dinners in the dining rooms, that's half the fun of a Disney cruise. The only time we've not gone to dinner in the main dining rooms has been when we've gone to Palo.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #132
birkner
DIS Veteran

I am really bummed about the piano and may call TA to confirm. My oldest GD has been practicing a special song to play.

Where would one put the rollaway? Where the Murphy bed comes down?

Thanks also for the tip about the second chair and the ottoman.

I agree about dinners in the dining room. I just mentioned the fact that we never saw our fellow Walt Suite cruisers at dinner only in the Suite. The family entertained and ate only in the Suite as far as I could tell.

Do you always book the suites? I know they are not easy to get but does it get easier once you have been a guest in Walt?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #133
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Stacey - Those pictures look heavenly! Thanks for posting them. This is an awesome thread.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #134
VAgal76
Your Pirate Name Is - Dirty Bessie Backstabber - GASP!

Location: Can be called many things: The Boonies, the Sticks, Middle of Nowhere, VA

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Pictures of Cat 3 (room 8022) coming right up. If you can't view the pictures here then here is the link to my album. I'm sorry if they are a little on the small side. I'm not sure how to fix that.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/555338240SUelLm

Dining Area with wet bar and Entrance to the right. There is a bathroom off to the left of the entrance with shower only.

Entrance door with closet on right and 2nd bathroom on left.

Typical closet you'd see in other staterooms (like what we had in our cat 4)

2nd Bathroom with shower only. Not pictured - shower which is to the right. It was a tight spot but perfect for DS10.

It's a little dark, but the living room with the doors leading to the balcony.

Sliding door leading into Master Bedroom from livingroom.

Entertainment center in livingroom.

Left side of master bedroom. Sitting chair with murphy bed behind it and door leading to balcony.

TV armoire with dresser drawers (this cabin does not lack storage!) in master bedroom

New queen bed in master bedroom. In the distance is the area leading into a small dressing area with vanity, walk-in closet and master bath.

Vanity area/master bedroom

[b]Walk-in closet in master bedroom./b]

Master Bathroom - Double sink.

Whirlpool bath in master bathroom.

Separate toilet/shower in master bath. Divider door separates toilet/shower from whirlpool tub/double sinks.

Shower in master bath.

Last but not least the double balcony.

Cruising Mickey Style: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy

I have a permanent date with - F&W Girls Trip

VAgal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:58 AM   #135
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

VAgal76

thank for showing the picture of stateroom, it look lovely.

Is it for two people only?

anyway many thanks

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: