Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #61
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Amy!!

That's because leaving WDW is such a let-down, the least you can do for yourself is come home to a clean house!!!

Last edited by sheridac; 09-26-2006 at 11:04 AM. Reason: DisneySchadenfreude, benember?? Or maybe I'm confuzzled. Again. Could be. I get that way. Sometimes. A lot of times. Actually. ((big grin))
Old 09-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #62
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Amy we are so Borg with the reason we clean the house before we leave. Hubby thinks I am crazy to think that way.

Tink cover your eyes.... who cares that our counters are full of junk or there are toys on the family room floor.

I didn't realize this was the kid's first trip to Disney so that makes this extra special for your family.

Last edited by NAB; 09-26-2006 at 11:34 AM. Reason: this is not lame, it shows you are a real person and we do all these things too.....well maybe not all that talented sewing stuff.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2006, 11:58 AM   #63
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...

Quote:
Amy wrote:I am INSISTENT that the house be clean before we leave on vacation.
Double BORG!

Don't forget to put those lights on timers too!

Do you have th pipe cleaners for the kids to play with in the car during the drive? If not - Dollar Store. Best things to keep the kidlet occupied.

We'll wave at you from 35,000 feet as we fly by......just make that Mickey head a little bigger so we can identify you from the air!

Happy Trails!!!

Last edited by Yzma and Kronk; 09-26-2006 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Sorry.....didn't mean to add to your list! Hee-hee! See you soon!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #64
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Amy - Borg! List maker here too. My fam laughts at my lists and spreadsheets but they enjoy the rewards of my work.

I hope your trip is magical

Last edited by Minnie; 09-26-2006 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Don't wear yourself out!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #65
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Great stuff, Amy!

I love the Neatkid stories. She really sounds great. And, although I've said it before, I'll say it again. Those dresses are beautiful, and you are sooooo talented. Oh, and you forgot one other costume you made on the list of "things you've already done" (although you alluded to it in the breakfast mention)! There's another family who appreciates and benefits from your talents! (Not to mention the multiple t-shirt recipients.....)

This trip will be amazing for you, I have no doubt. Your kids are going to be enthralled, and you will be so happy to have Grammy along for the ride (not to mention Neatkid). Take notes! Can't wait to read the report! See ya in the World!!!!

Last edited by AshClan; 09-26-2006 at 12:38 PM. Reason: You MADE a hat?!?! OMG, I feel so inferior. In fact, I'm almost invisible!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #66
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Amy -

Ya'll have a WONDERFUL time!!

I can't wait to read the rest of the report when you return. Tell all the Vikings "hi" from the only Central Georgian not making the trip. Sniff.

And the costumes are gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Do you do window treatments? Just panels. Nothing fancy. And could you finish them before ya'll head out?

I've got a little thing at the house this weekend.

Best wishes for a great trip. Look forward to hearing all about it.

NM

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Last edited by nicolemarie; 09-26-2006 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I'm serious about the window treatments. I've been trying to find someone. But I don't need them this weekend. Duh.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 PM   #67
raetrosclair
Earning My Ears

Subscribing

I can't wait to hear about the trip ~ have a great time!

Pop Century 12/9/06 - 12/17/06 - sixth trip since 1997 (although there will be one newbie in the group)!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #68
FSUMARCHIEF
Adjust your cargo deary
Not quite the wooo hooty, but I always follow through on a challenge!
Cross my heart. I swear!

Location: Over here. Well, over here. Aw heck, you'll see me.

AMY! I just caught up. Why am I reading TR stuff with less than 15 hours to go?

Cause I'm too excited to sleep!

See you Saturday!

Blessings!
MarkyMark
Old 09-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #69
Grammyof2
Best Woo Hootier that ever woo hootied
Prom Queen
I am MENSA

Location: Heading to midlife wearing my Levi's and flip flops

I am lame and marking my spot on all the trippies so when I get back I know where I am

Last edited by Grammyof2; 09-26-2006 at 08:16 PM. Reason: see ya soon
Old 09-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #70
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

AMY!! We are Silver Bullet twins too, ya know. I can't benember if I told you that's what we call ours!!

It will be fine. Yes, you will be glad if the house is clean-ish but as long as there is no carp on the counters, nastiness in the fridge, and toilets are flushed it will be fine.

I love NeatKid. Not NakedKid, but it can read like that to the filthy, tainted Viking mind.

Your mad skillz put me to shame. Better hang a shingle for all the AP holders in GA to hire you for costuming!!
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!

Last edited by jamal; 09-27-2006 at 07:55 AM. Reason: yep grammy. all caught up......
Old 10-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #71
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Kids, Disney, ACTION! Extreme Trip Report

Ah hem, many thanks to OhMari! for combining the two threads, sorry to be such a pain!

I will continue (now) to post links in the first post.

Hope this doesn't confuse everyone!
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 10-10-2006 at 02:38 PM. Reason: continuing to add links
Old 10-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #72
GeorgiaAristocat
Cl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

The Pre-Trip Shadow/Tragedy

At last report, I had three sleeps to go and much left to do. I pick up this story two days later. In the meantime, I had managed to collect together a few things and continue to work on my lists. They were shaping up nicely. I had, by this point, printed everything I thought I would need from my planning sites and put them into a small three ring binder with page protectors. This is important. For some reason.

Some of my DIS friends will remember that about two weeks before my trip my dog had an "episode." She was perfectly fine and bouncing around one day, then the next she was completely down and severely anemic. No easy explanation could be found. No worms, no parasites, no ticks, no parvovirus. I feared poisoning, but that was never mentioned as a possibility by the vet. After laying down @ $200.00 for the initial work-up, the next step was going to be some VERY expensive tests. My love for my dog is great. However, I am also pragmatic. And my father is a veterinarian. He lives only 6 hours away. If my dog needs very expensive tests, I think it makes sense to take her to him for those very expensive tests, which he will do for free, making them much less expensive.

The decision was made jointly (with my father) to take my dog away from my local vet and bring her to my dad. But then she improved drastically. And suddenly. Rather like how she got sick. She then seemed to be doing fine, but was reluctant to eat her regular food. She was pampered for a few days, then I started working her regular food back into her diet. Which she resisted.

As I was preparing for this trip, I made arrangements for a neighbor's teenager to feed and water our dog while we were away. I warned them of her episode, and was leaving all contact information in case something happened. I decided to change her food. I continued to prepare for our trip. On Vacation minus one day, I ran errands in the morning, including stopping by the PetSmart for a different food for her.

I was supposed to be packing and cleaning on Thursday. Instead, I said goodbye to a friend. I went home just before lunch to do what I needed to do and found that my beloved golden friend had died.

This was the shadow that preceded our vacation.

All that can be said is that, if I was to lose her, that it is better to lose her while I was there than if we were already in Florida.

Rest in Peace GeorgiaAristodog. You will be missed.

Isn't Packing Part of the Trip? (Page 7, Post 91)
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 10-13-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #73
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Sorry about your beloved dog Amy. And you are right it would have been harder if you were gone when it happened.

I am glad you decided to write a trip report. Can't wait to hear more.

--

Last edited by NAB; 10-10-2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Glad you made it back safe and sound....
Old 10-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #74
FSUMARCHIEF
Adjust your cargo deary
Not quite the wooo hooty, but I always follow through on a challenge!
Cross my heart. I swear!

Location: Over here. Well, over here. Aw heck, you'll see me.

AMy I'm sorry. I know I am unobservant at times, but somehow I totally missed that the dog had died. I knew about the possible trip to your dads, but dang. Again, sorry bout your dog.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR

Blessings!
MarkyMark
Old 10-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #75
brandt79
Mostly a lurker, sometimes a poster!
We "show-me-staters" tend to take things personally

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how upset you must be - hopefully it's getting a bit better every day. What a terrible way to start your family vacation - and then to come home to no one greeting you at the door. I can't even imagine. I'm really very sorry for you and your family.

Walt Disney World
Dec 1988-Hilton at Downtown Disney ~ May 1996-off-site ~ June 2000-Wilderness Lodge ~ May 2001-Marriott at Downtown Disney ~ Nov/Dec 2005-Grand Floridian SLC & DCL (honeymoon) ~ May 2006-Polynesian ~ Nov 2006-Beach Club ~ Sept/Oct 2007-Polynesian/Grand Floridian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: