Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
lildevil06
Earning My Ears

pillowcases- questions!

Hi all!

We're heading to our second cruise, this time the Wonder (did the 7 night Western on Magic a few years ago) and traveling with family who have never gone on Disney Cruise Line. Don't think they've been to WDW either, come to think of it. Anyway, the kids will be meeting for the first time and I thought I'd follow the lead of several of you and have pillowcases signed as a surprise. Since it's last minute, I picked up 4 white pillowcases at Target and washed (and ironed- boy were they wrinkled) and got some fabric markers at Michael's. So, here are the questions....

1. Take them to Guest Services once we're at sea the first day?

2. Do I pick them up or they deliver to room?

3. They definitely do this on the 3 night?

4. Keep the yellow marker or ditch it?

Thanks all!
lildevil06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
mnemsmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevil06
Hi all!

We're heading to our second cruise, this time the Wonder (did the 7 night Western on Magic a few years ago) and traveling with family who have never gone on Disney Cruise Line. Don't think they've been to WDW either, come to think of it. Anyway, the kids will be meeting for the first time and I thought I'd follow the lead of several of you and have pillowcases signed as a surprise. Since it's last minute, I picked up 4 white pillowcases at Target and washed (and ironed- boy were they wrinkled) and got some fabric markers at Michael's. So, here are the questions....

1. Take them to Guest Services once we're at sea the first day?

2. Do I pick them up or they deliver to room?

3. They definitely do this on the 3 night?

4. Keep the yellow marker or ditch it?

Thanks all!
1-We took ours to Guest Services the day we embarked on the cruise.
2-They deliver them to your room the last night
3-Not sure- was on 7 night......
4-I would skip the yellow marker, just my preference, would hate for it to not show up.

11/07WDW7/07 BCV, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 6/07 Maui,12/30/06 RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/06 -SSR, BCV & Eastern DCL~Magic, 2/06 -DH (CA)12/05 -VWL, 9/05 -Poly, 3/05 -VWL, BCV 1/05 -RPR,7/04 -VWL, BV & PB,8/03 -Poly Concierge 12/02 -DL (CA) -Hyatt, 6/02 & 1/02 -Sheraton Vistana Villages
mnemsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
6griswolds
Mouseketeer

We just came off the 3 day cruise. I took a photo matte to guest services the very same day we boarded and they returned it to my room on the last day. It looks so cute. I had different colored sharpies in a baggie and had it all in a mailing envelope. When I have time I am going to post a trip report about our very first cruise!! The good and the bad.
6griswolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
ansky922
Mouseketeer

Here is an example of my pillowcase from the 7day western dropped off on day 1 given back to me on the last night

Would get rid of yellow marker

07/96-Dix Lan,04/00-Dix Lan,07/03-Offsite,03/04-BW, 11/05-BCV,07/06-CB,DCL,04/07-SSR,08/07-SSR,7/08-offsite,2/09-pop,8/10-DCL,8/11-BCV,8/12-SSR,DCL 12/28
ansky922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #5
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

On the 4-day I had to pick it up from Guest services. Please bear in mind on the shorter cruises CM's have a lot less time to get this done, so you might not get lots of autographs. Some people have reported not getting anything, however that's not the norm. It's worth a try for sure.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
6griswolds
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieB
On the 4-day I had to pick it up from Guest services. Please bear in mind on the shorter cruises CM's have a lot less time to get this done, so you might not get lots of autographs. Some people have reported not getting anything, however that's not the norm. It's worth a try for sure.
I had 19 characters sign my matte on my 3 day. I was so happy!
6griswolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #7
nluvwithmickey
DIS Veteran

We just got back Saturday from a 7 day western and we dropped our pillowcases at Guest services on the day we sailed. Our stateroom host dropped them off on te last night of the cruise.

They look wonderful and really colorful. We had left a note asking as many autographs as possible along woth a bunch of colored fabric markers.

It is a wonderful souvenir to have.
nluvwithmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
lildevil06
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

I'm hoping to drop them off early and be pleasantly surprised with how many we get!

Now, if we can all pray for good weather!
lildevil06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
mommywa
Mouseketeer

Should I use a seperate bag for each child or put all 3 in the same bag?

Thank you
Ashley
Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #10
cruisecrzy
DIS Veteran

When we went in March we had four pillowcases and two different staterooms. We put them all in one bag and that worked out just fine for our group. Plus meant one less delivery for someone to make

Disney Magic March 2002, March 2003, Nov 2003, March 2004, Nov 2005, March 2006, Nov 2006, April 2007, Halloween 2007 , March 2008, November 2008, April 2009, November 2009, April 2010 Wonder July 2009
cruisecrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #11
CaptainJack
Captain Jack does NOT stop and ask for directions!!!

It seems there is no consistentcy in whether your items are dropped off or you must pick them up. On our most recent cruise (September 2), we also had items autographed through guest services, but they merely called our stateroom rather than delivering them. On our previous cruise, they delivered the items back to our stateroom. So, there appears to be no hard and fast rule about whether they will be delivered back to you or you will be notified to come pick the items up.

This will be our 10th Cruise on the Magic

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a time when you'll have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I love to wave at them as they pass by.

"Complications arose, ensued, were overcome." Captain Jack Sparow
CaptainJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
LCTsMom
One word love; curiosity.You long for freedom.You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse.You want to see what it's like.One day you wont be able to resist.

Also, try to remember what you dropped off. We dropped off pillow cases and a photo mat and the pillow cases were returned the last night, but there was no sign of the photo mat. Thank goodness I remembered it, I had to call guest relations, it was delivered later that evening. Oddly, the exact same thing happened to friends of ours who dropped off the same items. She didn't realize that the photo mat was missing until we were in the lobby for debarkation. Luckily, we got it at the desk before leaving. We were on a four night, we got quite a few autographs. My friend got different characters on her items than I did. Great souvenirs! We put all the items together in one bag per stateroom.
LCTsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #13
buster478
Mouseketeer

photo matte size

What size photo mattes is everyone one having signed? 8x10 or larger? Just wondering how many autographs could fit on an 8x10 mat. That is a fun idea. Never thought of that.
buster478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 AM   #14
LCTsMom
One word love; curiosity.You long for freedom.You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse.You want to see what it's like.One day you wont be able to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster478
What size photo mattes is everyone one having signed? 8x10 or larger? Just wondering how many autographs could fit on an 8x10 mat. That is a fun idea. Never thought of that.
I have a 11 x 14 mat with a 5 x 7 opening. I bought it at Michael's. It had lots of room for autographs.
LCTsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #15
mommywa
Mouseketeer

Cruisecrzy;
Thanks. That also saves me from having to buy multiple sets of markers.

Ashley

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: