Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #16
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJUNWDWFAN
I guess I'm in the same situation for our trip in November.

We are flying American Airlines which arrives on side "A". We then have to pick up our luggage (we are arriving late) level 2, side A. Then go back up to level 3, side A then cross over to side B to head down to level 1, side B for magical express.

Is that correct?
Yep!!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #17
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Thanks so much for that confirmation. I guess we will experience what the other people used to have to do before they make this change.

Last time we used DME, we arrived at MCO at an early time so it was no problem for Disney to handle our luggage. This time we are arriving late as I previously stated.

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
CAJUNWDWFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #18
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

After you get off the airport monorail in the main terminal, and after you exit security look to one side and you will see a big (like 2 foot) neon A on the wall not too high up. Look to the other side and you will see a neon B. Walk over to and under the neon letter to find the escalators going down.
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #19
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM
After you get off the airport monorail in the main terminal, and after you exit security look to one side and you will see a big (like 2 foot) neon A on the wall not too high up. Look to the other side and you will see a neon B. Walk over to and under the neon letter to find the escalators going down.
It is actually very simple, isn't it. Too many people put too much thought into side A and B (not picking on anyone in particular). All you have to do is follow signs. MCO is very easy to navigate, IMO. One trip, I hustled to the A side to check National's selection on the EA over there. I then met my family at baggage on the B side as our bags came out. We then went on to National's area on the B side to pick our car. I did some walking, but no biggie...

Duds
Old 09-17-2006, 11:29 AM   #20
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

The problem is too many people, incorrectly, think there are actually two seperate terminals or that the A and B side are far apart.

When you get off the tram you are only a few feet from the imaginary line that seperates the A and B side of the terminal. A passenger arriving on an A airline will basically be walking to the B side INSTEAD of walking to the A side. The only issue will be with those passengers who claim their own baggage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudspizza
It is actually very simple, isn't it. Too many people put too much thought into side A and B (not picking on anyone in particular). All you have to do is follow signs. MCO is very easy to navigate, IMO. One trip, I hustled to the A side to check National's selection on the EA over there. I then met my family at baggage on the B side as our bags came out. We then went on to National's area on the B side to pick our car. I did some walking, but no biggie...

Duds
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #21
JandD Mom
Paying for hope and change.

I am now confused

Sorry, I am now confused by some of the posts here.

We arrive (hopefully) Nov 9th around 11:30 am on Airtran. I know I come out of the monorail, and walk left. Do I have to stop on Level 2 for baggage claim, or do I go directly to level 1 to check in for ME? I have luggage tags and I plan on using them. Disney still picks up the luggage, right?

JandD Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #22
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandD Mom

We arrive (hopefully) Nov 9th around 11:30 am on Airtran. I know I come out of the monorail, and walk left. Do I have to stop on Level 2 for baggage claim, or do I go directly to level 1 to check in for ME? I have luggage tags and I plan on using them. Disney still picks up the luggage, right?
Proceed to Terminal B, Level 1.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:53 AM   #23
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandD Mom

Yes, Disney will still automatically deliver all checked luggage with a DME luggage tag on it. Skip baggage claim and follow Tyler's directions.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #24
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!

Here you go, this is the map on the inside of the DME booklet.

Duds

Old 10-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #25
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Thanks for the handy dandy map! Makes things easier to see.

For those coming from gates 60-129, it may look like a long walk, but it really isn't. And if you go through the Mall/Food Court area, they have moving sidewalks to make it easier.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #26
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Can anyone who's arrived using DME since Tues 10/3 (when the Welcome Center switch from A to B was scheduled to happen) actually confirm that yes, the DME Welcome Center is now in Terminal B?

We'll be in the World in less than 48 hrs!
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
TiggerAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #27
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Yes it's moved to Side B....if Tyler says it's so, it's so. Have a great trip!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #28
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudspizza
Here you go, this is the map on the inside of the DME booklet.

Duds

Thank you!!! Looks like we won't be getting our Magical Express package in time for our departure so I'm going to print that map so we know where we're going. Very helpful!

Grieving Angry Widow
DebIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #29
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc
The current DME desk is right below SW baggage claim. Should be go directly to level one and then walk or would it be faster to walk on level three to a specific escalator/elevator and then go to level one?.
Makes no difference time wise. The total distance is about the same.

If you are at the Hyatt Hotel end (end further from ME) and want to use the moving sidewalks you would need to traverse the terminal on Level 3 and then find the neon B and the escalator down.
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
willoughbyclan
DIS Veteran

We are staying overnight at an airport hotel on Thursday night and then having the hotel shuttle bring us back to the airport REALLY early on Friday. To get as close as possible to the ME desk, where should we tell the shuttle service to drop us off at? I am totally confused with the map.

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere.
* 2nd Disney Cruise/World Trip 3 night cruise 6 nights world (POP) 9/1-10/05
* USO/IOA 3/31 - 4/8/06 (Spring Break) Marriott S. Palms
* Beach Club Resort 1/12-16/07
* Disney Magic WB PC Cruise 5/10-25/08
*Disney Allstar Music 2/1/10-2/5/10

*Disney Allstar Sports 1/6-1/8/11

*Disney Magic 7 night Eastern 1/8-1/15/11
*Disney Magic 7 night Western 1/15-1/22/11
*Disney Magic 7night Eastern 3/10-3/17/12

willoughbyclan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: