Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

The Lucky Nugget Saloon - reviews

Restaurant is styled as a true Western Saloon, complete with a live band that you may be fortunate to see. The restaurant is located in Frontierland opposite Phantom Manor.
You'll find the Saloon right after Fort Comstock on your left hand side, before Phantom Manor.

As from Spring 2011 this restaurant no longer hosts a character meal.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

Last edited by Ware Bears; 07-19-2011 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Updated info
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

We ate here for Christmas Day lunch - we had a 2.30pm seating but as we had rode BTMR much faster than expected (what an efficient fast pass system that ride has) we were half an hour early so we tried our luck with an earlier seating but no chance and they advised us to come back at 2.30pm so we had a look round the shop opposite - very busy though. When we went back, we were seated right away, but they were turning people away without reservations.

We were sat downstairs on the highest tier at the end of a row which wasn't so bad, even if a little squashed - we were close to the band who were playing Christmas carols.

Our server was nice enough but spoke no English at all - we came across a few CM's with little or no English this trip (which wasn't a major problem (except at the Blue Lagoon!)

The buffet itself was OK but I was hoping for a bit of turkey but no such luck. There was a decent selection of 'starters' but I thought that the hot food was a bit limited - I had some chilli but there was no rice - had been but had all gone and they hadn't topped up so I had nacho chips and salsa with this. The dessert selection was pretty good.

There seemed to be a few characters around but for some reason, only 4 came to our area in the time we were there. There always seemed to be a 'gaggle' of people following the characters round (adults as well as children) - only King John waved them away - good on ya ,mate.

The Lucky Nugget operate an odd system where you show them your paid bill on your way out - the girl on the door said our server shouldv'e told us as we didn't basically - caused a bit of a problem for DH as he had nipped to the loo and we have gone outside already. Our server wouldn't have told us as she couldn't speak English but when she came back with the change in the little folder, we left it *** it was her tip! Maybe it's customary not to tip in France.

We might try this restaurant again but not at such a busy time.

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW

Last edited by pigby; 01-01-2007 at 07:29 AM.
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Christmas Day 2005

Then it was time for our Christmas lunch at the Lucky Nugget. This was absolutely brilliant and we had a wonderful time. We were a little hesitant to eat there again after our trip in August for although the food had been very enjoyable, we had a miserable server and we found that the characters missed our table out because they were constantly being mobbed by unruly kids and kept escaping backstage to safety. Anyhow, the only way we could get a character meal (that wasn't breakfast) in the park itself on Christmas Day was to book the Lucky Nugget. There is no way I could do Christmas Day at Disney without a character meal!

Anyhow this time it turned out to be wonderful. We were seated at one of the terraces overlooking the floor area rather than one of the tables, I will always ask to be seated here again as it is far less crowded than one of the tables. We saw our miserable server from last time, still looking as miserable as ever but we had a fantastic one this time. He really made our meal special and I have written to DLRP to commend him. The food was excellent and we even had crackers and the band played Christmas music!

It was very busy in there but everyone seemed to be on their best behaviour and were waiting for the characters to visit them at their table. We will definitely come here again although I don’t suppose they will be serving the lovely Christmas cocktails in the summer! The characters we saw were Minnie, Gepetto, Brer Fox, Friar Tuck, Pluto, Goofy, Eeyore and my fave (after Mickey) Robin Hood.

We eventually waddled out of here, I am ashamed to say I ate this whole plate of desserts without any trouble!

WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
lainey
Mouseketeer

We dined here for a character lunch.
The restaurant is well themed and beautiful inside.
The buffet is well stocked, starters of salad, nachos and dips.
Main meals of chips, meatball, nuggets, fish, chilli, rice etc... I could go on
And the desserts...mmmmmm, ice cream, jelly, crepes & choc and plenty of gorgeous cakes.
Characters were very attentive, here are a few photos.
Daisy Duck

the band

DD and Genie

sorry no photos of food...too busy eating it...will try harder next time.
Elaine
Old 03-21-2007, 06:15 AM   #5
MissMouse86
Earning My Ears

It's a lovely restaurant, I visit there everytime I'm in Paris
MissMouse86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Sarah Sarill
Knows about attack of the wobbly leg syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Christmas Day 2005
We eventually waddled out of here, I am ashamed to say I ate this whole plate of desserts without any trouble!
He He He Elaine.

We were seated right above the desert table and I just had to go back twice , .

DD8 went back for her 5th visit when I shouted down " step back from the puddings thats your 5th visit ". Said at the same time the band stopped playing music.

I had some really funny looks but most found it quite amusing as I went a lovely shade of strawberry and DD kept on filling her plate

I have to agree that for VFM and atmosphere The Lucky Nugget rocks

Sarah Sarill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #7
dee slack
DIS Veteran

anyone notice if there's anything suitable for vegetarians? Planning to go for lunch mainly with the characters, but would like to eat as well!

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
dee slack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
obscure
Mouseketeer

spooky - Jill mentioned the lucky nugget to me earlier and I was wondering about the veggie choice!!

Sadie
Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 PM   #9
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

There were quite a few salad dishes but I'm not sure whether there was any meat/fish included in them. Perhaps someone else can remember??
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013

Last edited by Ware Bears; 09-25-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
Princess Jayne
DIS Veteran

another veggie here- we were really thinking about visiting here but according the DLP Food Guide, there arent any veggie dishes but then it says that options on the buffet include pizza, salads and nachos n stuff so i'm confused! x

July 06 - WDW Offsite
July 07 - WDW Offsite
Dec 07 - DLRP Sequioa Lodge
Summer 08 - WDW International College Program!!!
April 09 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 21st Birthday Trip!!!
October 2011 - Disney Halloween at the Cheyenne

January 2012 - Disneyland Paris at the Cheyenne!
Princess Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 AM   #11
Kristina
DIS Veteran

We ended up not eating here but going to the Agrabah however next time for sure! Here is a picture of the outside menu for everybody .

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #12
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

LOL Kristina,

We did it the opposite way around - I planned to go to the Agrabah Cafe, but we went to the Lucky Nugget instead on Wednesday .

Its definitely worth a visit - lovely surroundings, good food, and fantastic character interaction, in a much less chaotic setting than Cafe Mickey (IMO).

Elaine
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #13
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Elaine we will most likely try it next time . Cafe Mickey was a bit too chaotic for us also, at least for dinner although we may try having breakfast there sometime.

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the photo, Kristina.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 AM   #15
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

We ate here on Sunday and it was very very busy, but to be honest every where was very very busy last weekend.

You have to try the "Phantom Manor" cocktail, I know I say this everytime, but this one is definately my favourite of all the ones I've tried so far and it's kind of spooky looking too, got a greeny/blue colouring to it. I actually remembered last minute to take some photos of the food, not the cocktail though I'll upload those later.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: