Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
kaylajr
Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner

So tell us, we STILL want to know: What do Michael Landon and Tommy Lee have in common?

DISboards Moderator

Hey Hey it's Friday

been missing from here for a few days
busy with truck repairs and vacation Bible school and stuff

so how was everyones week??

Any Big weekend Plans

the town next to ours is having there town wide Garage Sale this weekend
so that is where I'll be

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death.

The Marchioness of Soxington, Princess Royal of Wasabia

kaylajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Good morning!

I've got a full weekend ahead...today I have to clean my house and pack for a weekend trip to my mom's house. Tonight I am going to a mini-crop at my neighbor's! Yay!

My mom has finally taken the plunge and completely re-decorated/remodeled her kitchen. After 30 years in the house, goodbye wood paneling! Goodbye dark stained cabinets! Goodbye yellow countertops! Goodbye yellow and orange linoleum! Hello ceramic tile, white cabinets, all new appliances, blue corian countertops, and new everything! And she definitely deserves it.

I've been absent a bit lately here, as I've discovered the joy and profit of eBay selling! I am a SAHM, and I love it, but I also like making a little cash to buy DH and DS gifts from ME!!! And for our upcoming WDW vacation in December. I bought tickets for MVMCP yesterday!

HOpe everyone here has a fantastic weekend!
saucymb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2006, 05:03 AM   #3
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Good Friday morning everybody! I am glad it's Friday!! Today finishes our first "week" of school (we started on Wednesday). I'm hoping today will be less crazy than the past 2 days.

Just grocery shopping and house stuff tonight, tomorrow I am looking forward to sleeping LATE!!! Sat. evening, we are going to a shower for my brother & his fiancee, and on Sunday morning, we are taking my mom out for brunch for her birthday. Then, Sunday evening, we are celebrating KAMommy's DS's birthday with pizza and video games! It should be a fun weekend!

Hope all of you have a great Friday! TGIF!!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 AM   #4
jennyL
Jon Bon Jovi. Ohh La La!
I'm way compulsive over my tv
The shoes have to be great especially when you butcher the song
I have issues but my friends love me anyway

Working today but Fridays are a half day so I'm outta here at 11:30. Gonna meet DH for lunch and then stop at the LSS on the way home. I think I might go and see Step Up this afternoon and then tonight I'm home alone since DH is working the Kenny Chesney concert so I'm going to finish up the CJs I have and get them ready to mail either tomorrow or Monday.

Tomorrow I have a SU meeting all day which I can't wait for. I love learning new things and making cards. LOL and then home alone again since Kenny is a two night thing so maybe some more scrapping.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dqfx4obg1t7zr.png[/img]
jennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:32 AM   #5
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Let's today.. will be busy after noon... We need to run to Jo's, haircuts (we have to be cool when we go to school), wal*mart, groceries...
We need to get those darn boxes of tissue for each kid to take to school.. Than tonight we are going to a water park! yeah!
Tomorrow we have an early soccer practice (what was my DH thinking, hello??).. than we are going to the state fair to see DD's exhibit.. She got a blue ribbon (first place) at the state fair! yeah!!! It's also a great place to take pictures for the scrapbook!!!
Jennyl~ How dare Kenny come take time away from you and DH.. Tell DH to tell Kenny he can come to my house!!! I'll have the light on!!
KAMommy ~ tell DS Happy Birthday!!! I have those parties coming around shortly!
StitchIsOurHero ~ have a great Friday!! I hope everyone kept their schedules from yesterday!
To everyone else, have a wonderful and safe day!!!

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:07 AM   #6
KAMommy
I am ADDICTED to America's Next Top Model!!!
Matthew & his abs could eat crackers in my bed anytime!
As long as I have radioactive orange goo under my fingernails, I am happy

Good morning everyone!

As SIOH mentioned, by baby boy will be twelve tomorrow! Seriously, when did that happen? I don't know how I have a twelve year old (I guess I blinked).

We are doing a family thing at my parents tomorrow evening - going down tonight so I can help my mom finish the cakes, etc. Then on Sunday we are doing pizza and fun with the Stitches.

School has been going on all week here, and both kids are tired - and so are both parents. Hopefully, we can all relax a bit this weekend.

Have a great day, everybody!!!

See our crew, trip reports, and scrapbooking stuff - www.tndisneyfreaks.com

June 1987 - Offsite *** October 2001 - ASM *** June 2002 - WL *** June 2003 - Disney Wonder & OKW *** December 2003 - BCV First trip HOME! *** June 2004 - Hilton Head *** October 2004 - Pop *** May 2005 - Disney Wonder *** October 2005 - OKW *** June 2006 - BCV *** October 2006 - WLV *** March 2007 - Old Key West *** June 2007 - Vero Beach *** UPCOMING *** October 2007 - SSR *** July 2008 - Disney Wonder with two stops in paradise (Castaway Cay)
KAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:01 AM   #7
Mickster
Swapaholics Unite!
and I not even remotely blonde... grey maybe, but no blonde

Seems like we all have big weekend plans - if if they are just to relax!! First off, happy 12th birthday to KAMommy's DS. Crazy! And cool at the same time. Also, congrats to PrincessNancy's DD. That is awesome! First place! Good luck, Kaylajr with your garage sale! I hope you make a lot of money! I'll have to check out your ebay store, saucymb.

Anyway, we are having a house of people for the Annual Family Gathering of our friends from high school. It will be about 20 people! I hope everyone doesn't mind sleeping on the floor! That's about it. We are going to the local 4H fair today. Then cleaning and cooking!

Have a great weekend!

76, 78 & 80 Offsite - 82 DL - 84 FW - 85 DL - 87 Offsite (with the band) - 89 FW - 91 FW - 94 BC - 97 YC - 99 GF - 04 BC -
05 FW - 06 FW - 07 FW - 07 WL - 09 FW 1/2 Marathon - 10 FW - 11 FW
5K, 1/2 Marathon & 40th Bday (4 Parks, 4 Mickeys, 4 Decades) - 12 FW

In Memory of Donald (aka Dad or Papa) 8.20.43 - 10.19.12

If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
Mickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #8
jennyL
Jon Bon Jovi. Ohh La La!
I'm way compulsive over my tv
The shoes have to be great especially when you butcher the song
I have issues but my friends love me anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96
Jennyl~ How dare Kenny come take time away from you and DH.. Tell DH to tell Kenny he can come to my house!!! I'll have the light on!!
He may take you up on that. LOL Its already raining here and its supposed to keep going all day. That makes for a messy concert and with it being sold out it will be crazy.

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dqfx4obg1t7zr.png[/img]
jennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #9
RealMickeysGirl
DIS Veteran
I think my friends are important (and they know it).

It is fridiay

My weekend plans changed yesterday. The sorority social that was scheculed for Saturday was canceled and I found out last night that my BIL (DH's younger brother) is coming to town next week and will be staying with us.

Can you say "but the spare bedroom bed is piled with stuff". Looks like my Saturday will now be re-organizing the spare room closet - which is where all the stuff on the bed came from - and getting the house presentable for him.

Not that I mind - we don't get to see him that often - just a swift changing of gears here.

RealMickeysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
ksjayhawks
DIS Veteran
Dorothy and Toto have taken all my glory!

I feel like my head is going to explode! I have been so busy with new teacher meetings, building meetings, department meetings, etc, that my new room looks like a tornado went through!

Looks like I will be working in my room this weekend!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:03 PM   #11
maria34a
DIS Veteran

Ok don't be jealous everyone!!!! But Caitsmama and I are goin' to an all day Crop tomorrow!!! Whoo! Hoo! We are gonna play all day!!! No work for this crew!!! We both have Saturday to play all day!

Have a fun weekend everyone!!!!

Visits to the World:
1976 to WDW for the Bicentenial Celebration
1984 to Disneyland Anaheim, CA Spring Break!
1997 to WDW with my Hubby for a 3 week Magical vacation!!!
2005 to WDW Just me to be a kid again!
maria34a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
AlexWyattMommy
Okay, here I am, out of high school and still with the big hair
"You would look like a stupid pony"
I can answer - BEEF and WILLIS

Just taking a break from loading up the car. Still need to pack snacks for the ride down, complete the journal for my oldest to fill out while we are there, and copy all my ADRs to a second location (in case I lose the first).
I'll be able to check the boards right before we leave Saturday morning and then I'll be DISless.
I'll start on all my swaps when I get back.
Enjoy your next week!

4 people + 1 travel trailer = tons of giggles
AlexWyattMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWyattMommy
Just taking a break from loading up the car. Still need to pack snacks for the ride down, complete the journal for my oldest to fill out while we are there, and copy all my ADRs to a second location (in case I lose the first).
I'll be able to check the boards right before we leave Saturday morning and then I'll be DISless.
I'll start on all my swaps when I get back.
Enjoy your next week!
Have a blast!!! Enjoy your vacation!!! I can still meet you at the border, do you need a sitter??

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #14
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

alexwyattmommy--Have a terrific trip!!

realmickeysgirl--Good luck with the spare room clean out thing! We usually have my brother stay here while we are gone on vacation--that is really the only time the guest room gets cleaned!

jennyL--Can I come and see Kenny, too???

PrincessNancy96--Congrats to your DD!!! Wow! That's awesome!

ksjayhawks--I know exactly what you mean about your head exploding! Our principal walked in yesterday and just starting . He said I was staring at the computer like a homicidal maniac, plotting its demise. (If only he knew how true that was!)

maria34a--have fun at the crop!

Mickster--have a great weekend, the gathering sounds like a lot of fun!!

Everyone else have a terrific weekend! I am just looking forward to 2 whole days where (hopefully) no one will ask to have their schedule changed or ask for another (and another and another) one to replace the one they lost (6 times!!) !
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #15
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

AlexWyattMommy - tell Mickey I said Hi and have a fantastic time!! Happy Birthday to your son KAMommy! Everyone else, good luck getting everything done and have fun!

I can hardly believe it. I have 3 days off and not a thing on my calendar that I *have* to do. I am in heaven! I plan to finish up my last 'summer' swap sometime this weekend, but I've made my DH promise that we will do something fun on Sunday. Normally my stepdaughters would be here for the weekend but they are visiting their great aunt this week so it's no kids at all this weekend - it's so rare for DH and I to have an entire day, let alone weekend, to ourselves - I can't wait! The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. We actually went for a walk down the beach tonight after work - it was gorgeous - I wore a sweatshirt and jeans! I hate the heat so whenever we get a cool spell in the summer it's like a special little treat.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: