Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 AM   #1
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Talking **Introduce yourself!!!**

Hi! Thought it was about time to have an up to date “introduce yourself” thread seeing as we have quite a few new members!

I’ll go first then!

I’m Elaine (44), married to Bryan (47), and we have three princesses, Samantha who is nearly 14, Danielle (11) and Francesca (9). We live in Bournemouth with our two Sheltie dogs, Shadow and Skye.

I used to be in banking but at present I am a stay at home mum. I don’t know how I ever found the time to work, what with two dogs to walk and DIS boards to read!

Both DH and I have always loved Disney and our DDs have been so totally brainwashed they do not have any say in the matter. When DH proposed he said one day we would go to WDW…..I don’t think either of us realised it would take us nearly 17 years!

We went to WDW for the first time at Easter 2004 and it was everything we had always dreamed of…....and more...... We did all the Disney parks and Discovery Cove but decided to leave Universal for our next time. We knew there would be a next time after reading these boards! We have booked our next trip to WDW for Easter next year.

We visited DLRP for the first time last August. I must admit to being a bit dubious at first but this board so convinced me that I would love it that I also booked for Christmas as well! I was not disappointed, we all love DLRP and have just had the most magical Christmas ever. We are looking forward to our third visit this August.

None of us are really into fast rides with the exception of our beloved Big Thunder Mountain, although we can’t wait for Tower of Terror to be open at WDS. We especially love the magic of the Disney parks, meeting all the characters, watching the parades, shows and fireworks and just being transported into a magical world of happiness for a few days.

Here is a photo of us with the Mouse himself on Christmas Day.

WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris

Last edited by Ware Bears; 01-30-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: edited so photo could be viewed
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 AM   #2
urglewurgle
DIS Veteran

will come back and post here later... just wanted to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE that piccie... awwww! could almost cry it gives me that xmas + disney feeling which makes the disney magic even more amazing!

I shall go to the ball...

DLRP - December 2004 - Offsite
DLRP - December 2005 - Santa Fe
urglewurgle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

My name is Becky, I'm 39 and I live in Chester in Cheshire with my DH Oliver (Ol) and our two DDs - Amy who is now 7 and Zoe who is 4. At the moment I'm a stay at home mum.

I first visited Disneyland Paris in November 1992 and, apart from a one day visit to the Magic Kingdom during a holiday in Florida back in 1983, this was my first proper experience of a Disney park. I've since been back to DLP eight times and to WDW four times. I love both the resorts, even though they are such very different Disney experiences - but I will always have a very soft spot for DLP!!

Apart from Disney, I love anything gadgety, computer games and internet shopping!!!

~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Last edited by Bexx; 03-29-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #4
joannek83
Earning My Ears

Hi

I have been lurking around these boards now for a while so thought it was about time I introduced myself

My name is Joanne and I am 22. I live on the outskirts on Chester with by DBF Carl.

We are both Disney fanatics. We have been to WDW twice, and DLP twice. I am a massive DLP fan and actually prefer it to WDW. Hoping to go to DLP for Xmas this year

Thanks
joannek83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #5
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Hi joannek83

Glad you decided to post!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
luke
Señor Mejor

Hey there,
I'm Luke and I'm a 24 year old trainee language teacher from Liverpool.
Am a Disney fanatic along with my GF Paula (23) who is an estate agent.

I first went to WDW in 1986 when i was just 4, then went again in 1992 and 1994.
In 1996 I went to Disneyland California too.
Paula was already a Disney fanatic when we met aged 16, so we always wanted to go to Disneyland together, so when she got a job in the Liverpool Disney Store we decided to finally book and went to Disneyland Paris in March 2000 (lots of lovely Disney discount with her CM card ) and stayed in the Sequoia Lodge.

Since then we have been a further 6 times :
New Year 2000/2001 Hotel Cheyenne
May 2002 Newport Bay
Sept 2003 Newport Bay
Feb 2004 (Valentines Day) Santa Fe
New Year 2004/2005 Hotel Cheyenne
May 2005 Sequoia Lodge

We're going back again in two week, to the Hotel Cheyenne and I cant wait (to get away from all those pesky schoolkids....oh wait )

Anyway it was when trying to convince my GF to take the time off work and book this trip that I discovered this board and have been hooked since, what a wonderful site!

Anyway here's a little pic of me and Paula in the Studios in September of 2003 (not sure who the chap with us is tho )

Old 03-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #7
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Hello from a fellow Cestrian joannek83, and welcome to the DIS!!

Great photo Luke!!
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
Verity Chambers
He's delicious! Rather like melted chocolate...

Hi, I'm Verity, married to Simon with our beautiful newborn Evie- 3 months.

Simon and I have been to WDW 3 times- the second time for our honeymoon. We have been to DLP 5 times. We are introducing Evie to Disney in May when we go to WDW!

I am a teacher- I teach 4/5 year olds and will be returning after my maternity leave.

Apart from the internet I love shopping (!!), supporting Notts County, reading and going to the theatre.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #9
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Hi joannek83 and welcome to DLP DIS board
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, posting guidlines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Verity - Evie is looking every bit a Disney princess

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #10
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Last edited by wideeyes; 04-13-2010 at 08:42 AM.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #11
wideeyes
Won't use fake tan, wants to stay pale & interesting
Does not do sea food

Oh Just have to add Verity.. your little princess is adorable.
wideeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #12
cannp123165
Very Quizzical

Hi!!!

My name is Caroline, and I am 15. I live in Poole, in Dorset.

I love Dancing and Disney.

I do Ballet, Tap, Modern and Jazz Dancing, as well as Drama and Singing.

I have been to WDW 4 times, most recently in February Half-Term this year.

I have been to DLP 4 times- twice in summer and twice at Halloween!!!

This picture is taken at The Crystal Palace at WDW!!!

Caroline
DLR: 2009
DCL: August 2011 (Med)

Last edited by cannp123165; 04-02-2006 at 04:28 AM.
cannp123165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #13
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

It's lovely reading about everyone!

Who's going next?!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #14
Verity Chambers
He's delicious! Rather like melted chocolate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano
Verity - Evie is looking every bit a Disney princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyes
Oh Just have to add Verity.. your little princess is adorable.

Thank you.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 AM   #15
NIK
Compulsive plannerin two minds Monstro or Blue Fairy?

I'm Nikki, 42 next week [gulp] blessedly single but Mum to a demented feline named Bella whose temperament is so dodgy she really should have been called Malificent and to Japha, my much loved Senegal parrot. I also have a 24 year old fair prize goldfish who currently goes by the name of One - we had 5 and we've gone One left

I'm a [un]civil servant and have 1 mother, 1 sister and three mad nephews.

My favourite Disney Film is Beauty and the Beast, closely followed by Snow White and most of the other classic films although I don't dislike some of the newer ones.

I've visited DLP twice so far and am keenly looking foward to visit three in November. I am, as my avatar suggests, a compulsive planner. I haven't quite got round to planning what sandwiches I'll take on the coach with me to Paris but it won't be long.

Next visit? This year next year sometime never :
NIK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: