Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #46
Eeyoresfriend
DisNut Supreme

I'm self employed so I guess I'm out to myself...LOL

Actually my business partner doesn't know, but I intend to tell him. He's open minded. I was in a situation where when I started I couldn't say anything b/c of some close minded peeps I was sharing an office with, but that has since changed and Sam and I are pretty good friends. I just need to figure out the best time and how to preface it.
WDW ,1981 1st Time, Several Times in between,5-1994 FWL, 12-2000CBR, 1-2001 CBR, 7-2001 DL/DCA Offsite, 8-2001 Hilton @ WDW, 1-03 POR French Quarter, 7-03 WDW Swan, 11-03 Coronado Springs, 1-04 Offsite, 4-04 Offsite, 6-04 Grand Floridian, 8-04 Pop Century, 10-04 Pop Century, 12-05 DCA/DL Offsite, 12-06 DCA/DL Offsite, 02/08 DL/DCA Sheraton Park, 10-08 Pop Century2-09 DL/DCA Sheraton Park2-10 DL/DCA Hilton Anahiem9-11 Grand Californian
Eeyoresfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #47
ILuvDVC2
Mouseketeer

I'm out at work, and work for a company where GLBT people are treated with respect. We have domestic partnership benefits, and our non-discrimination policies are inclusive of sexual orientation.

Now for my soapbox...

It makes me sad to read some of the stories on this thread, because as an HR manager, I know that a lot of companies today don't tolerate discrimination of any kind, whether or not sexual orientation is specifically protected in their company's policies. If a company does business in a state where laws are in place to protect sexual orientation discrimination, they could be held accountable if an employees claim of discrimination can be substantiated.

I agree with another poster who suggested that if you feel you were or are a target of discrimination in your employment, you should explore your options and find out what rights you have. The best thing to do, in my experience, is to utilize your company's HR/employee relations department and ask for a meeting. Present HR/ER with any documentation you may have about how you've been discriminated against, and if possible, provide the names of any witnesses to the discriminatory behavior that was enacted against you. If witnesses can substantiate your claims, you are in a much better place than if no one else can help you prove your claim. I know this is a very sensitive issue, but substantiated facts are usually what companies need to take action against those who discriminate.

Just my humble opinion...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: