Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
striker3636
Gets visits from Tinkerbell at night
Holding, holding, holding...

need recipes for 1.5 quart slow cooker

Hi - we bought a smaller crock pot thinking it would be great for our camper, but all the recipes I have are for a larger pot. Does anyone have any tried and true recipes we can use on our next trip to WDW??? TIA!

self-confessed Disney-holic
Fort Wilderness Feb 2005, Feb 2006.
WL Dec 16-21/06 - Surprised the kids for Christmas!
FINALLY coming home again Jan 23-Feb5/2011
striker3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
bubbasmom99

Disney Obsessed
I know you guys would understand the obsession....

That's not very big for entrees... what kind of recipes were you looking for? I have a small one that I use for:
Queso (block of velveeta and can of chili) and chips
cocktail weenies in bbq sauce
hot artichoke dip
meatballs in chili sauce/cranberry jelly

4/14 - WDW BCV + Disney Dream to the Bahamas, 1/13 - DL GCH
5/11 - WDW BCV + Disney Dream to the Bahamas, 1/11 - 2 nt cruise to nowhere on the Wonder! 5/10 - DL HOJO + Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Mexican Riviera, 7/09 - DL - DLH, 12/08 - US/IoA - RPR + 7 nt Eastern Magic, 11/07 - DL DLH, 5/07 - DL - BWPPI, 12/06 - WDW BCV + 7 night Magic with 2 stops @ CC 12/05 - WDW VWL, 12/05-DL Doubletree, 8/05 - DL DLH, DL 6/05 - DL HoJo, 3/05 - DL Candy Cane Inn, 12/04 - WDW AKL/BCV and 3 day Wonder , 11/03-DL WestCoast Anahem, 5/03- WDW WLV, 10/02-DL DLH, 11/01-DL GCH, 3/01 - DL DLH, 12/00 - WDW Dixie Landings, 12/99 - DL Crystal Suites, 8/98 - DL DLH, 8/96 - WDW Grand Floridian & Contemporary - **honeymoon**
bubbasmom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
striker3636
Gets visits from Tinkerbell at night
Holding, holding, holding...

I was hoping even just for some meat dishes. I tried a dish I usually cook in the oven for about an hour and it turned out ok. I mixed 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 2 cups of sour cream, 1 pkg dry onion soup mix, and poured this over 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts. I wasn't too sure about the sour cream for so long, so this was a test run. But, after 7 hours on low it tasted the same and had the same consistency as my old way. Anyone have any other ideas for a smaller pot? I was going to try a smaller batch of spaghetti sauce with meat balls, I am sure that will be fine. I read through the crock pot thread and saw a recipe for chicken with salsa to make into fajitas and I may try that one too.
Has anyone tried a small roast for pulled beef?

self-confessed Disney-holic
Fort Wilderness Feb 2005, Feb 2006.
WL Dec 16-21/06 - Surprised the kids for Christmas!
FINALLY coming home again Jan 23-Feb5/2011
striker3636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
bubbasmom99

Disney Obsessed
I know you guys would understand the obsession....

Ok so I was grocery shopping tonight and I thought of you!! I was in the meat section and they had the country style pork ribs on sale -- and I thought.... what a great idea to cut those up and make like a chile verde! Those strips come in smaller packages than a huge pork roast, so it would be a good size for your smaller crockpot. Serve it up with some tortillas and that would be soooo yummy.

4/14 - WDW BCV + Disney Dream to the Bahamas, 1/13 - DL GCH
5/11 - WDW BCV + Disney Dream to the Bahamas, 1/11 - 2 nt cruise to nowhere on the Wonder! 5/10 - DL HOJO + Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas Mexican Riviera, 7/09 - DL - DLH, 12/08 - US/IoA - RPR + 7 nt Eastern Magic, 11/07 - DL DLH, 5/07 - DL - BWPPI, 12/06 - WDW BCV + 7 night Magic with 2 stops @ CC 12/05 - WDW VWL, 12/05-DL Doubletree, 8/05 - DL DLH, DL 6/05 - DL HoJo, 3/05 - DL Candy Cane Inn, 12/04 - WDW AKL/BCV and 3 day Wonder , 11/03-DL WestCoast Anahem, 5/03- WDW WLV, 10/02-DL DLH, 11/01-DL GCH, 3/01 - DL DLH, 12/00 - WDW Dixie Landings, 12/99 - DL Crystal Suites, 8/98 - DL DLH, 8/96 - WDW Grand Floridian & Contemporary - **honeymoon**
bubbasmom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #5
Spinning
Give me a chunk of something and hot glue/no sew glue and I "create"
The Tag Fairy loves the dog costume I made! Do you do one with wing holes?
Needs tiny bandaids for holes in fingers

This is an easy beef strogenoff one.
1 can cream of mushroom soup ( I use low fat/salt)
2 tablespoons Ketchup
2 Talbespoons Wischshire sauce
1 oinon sliced thin
1 pound (or more) of cubed stewing beef
salt and pepper to taste
1 container of sour cream
bow tie noodles

Combine all of the ingred. (except sour cream and noodles) in crock pot. Cook on low all day (don't brown your meat first)

Cook noodles and put in a dish
Right before serving stir in sour cream then pour over the noodles.

It is soooooo goood! If you want to be extra fancy about 1/2 before serving thinly slice some fresh mushrooms and toss in!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally the Tag Fairy lost the last part of my quote.. bad fairy. Bad bad fairy.
Spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #6
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

You might try www.allrecipes.com. Once you find a recipe there that you like, they have a feature where you can have your recipe calculated down to however many/few servings as you like.

Another thing to think about is that most slow cooker recipes are for the 3 Qt cooker. You can just halve the amount of ingredients to get a portion that will fit in your cooker.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: