Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
ImaDizneyNut
Mouseketeer

Countries of Epcot Swap sign up sheet 6 left

DisBoard Swap

You may use ANY color Bazzill paper you want that goes with the country
you picked (just let me know what you used so I can list them)

You may accent with patteren paper but don't over do it.

You must have something that represents the country in the kit other than the topper. EXAMPLES: If you are doing France you can use the Effiel Tower, Italy you can use Leaning Tower of Pisa, America you can use Uncle Sam. Those are examples: You may add ANYTHING that represents the country. I just don't want the topper to say France and that is it. I want to incorporate something else besides the topper to show what the kit was about. Think of it this way, if you didn't have the topper how would you know it was a France layout or an Italy layout.

Please read the Nitty Gritty part of the post/email. It will tell you everything you need to know.

COUNTRIES OF EPCOT DISNEY SWAP

This is a 11 group swap. This is make 11 kits get 11 kits back.

DUE DATE: October 31, 2006

The swap would be for 11 and we will be doing
The Epcot Counties (World Showcase)

you would need to make 11 kits

the kit would include
1. title or topper
2. 2 photo mats
3. Journal box or Library Pocket with Tag insert
4. 4 deco squares or 2 embellished slide mounts
5. Song Lyric/poem or quote about the country
6. Shaker Box or Paper Piecing

Due date will be Oct 31st. That's like 9 months from now

Here are the countries

Mexico--
Flag Colors for Mexico (Green, White & Red)

Norway
Flag Colors for Norway (Blue, White & Red)

China
Flag Colors for China (Yellow & Red)

Germany
Flag Colors for Germany (Black, Red & Yellow)

Italy--Taken by Havencruiser
Flag Colors for Italy (Green, White & Red)

American Adventure--Taken by OhMom
Flag Colors for Amercia (Red, White & Blue)

Japan--Taken by AlreadyexcitedGrammy
Flag Colors for Japan (White & Red)

Morocco
Flag Colors for Morocco (Green & Red)

France--Taken by Canno123165
Flag Colors for France (Blue, White & Red)

United Kingdom--Taken by Ohana4
Flag Colors for United Kingdom (Blue, White & Red)

Canada--
Flag Colors for Canada (White & Red)

NITTY GRITTY
The Nitty Gritty should answer any questions on any spot you would like.

1. NO hand written lettering on ANY items. I may think my handwriting is beautiful (which it's NOT LOL) but you may think its horrid!

2. Topper Spot: The Title in provided for you. Topper must be matted. This means you will be using 3 colors. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc).

3. Photo Mat Spots: Picture area must be NO smaller than 4 x 6. Must be matted. This means you will be using 3 colors. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc).

4. Journal Box or Library Pocket Spot: The area for writing should be NO smaller than 3 x 4. It can be BIGGER if you would like. It also can be vertical or horizontal. Journal Box must be matted. This means you will be using 3 colors. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc). Library Pocket must include the card for journaling.

5. Deco Squares Spot: Squares must be NO smaller than 2 x 2. They can be BIGGER if you would like. It also can be vertical, horizontal or diagonal. Must be matted. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc). Be CREATIVE: Here are some ideas~~ (http://www.webshots.com/search?new=...ds=deco+squares)

6. Song Lyric/Poem Spots or Quote about the country: Song Lyric/Poem/Quote area must be NO smaller than 2 ½ x 3 ½. It can be BIGGER if you would like. It also can be vertical or horizontal. Must be matted. This means you will be using 3 colors. MUST also be embellished in some way (i.e. brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, embossing, etc).

7. Shaker Box or Paper Piecing Spot: Shaker Box please use only the colors provided. Paper Piecing's please use what colors you need BUT they must be Bazzill paper.

Now to the Mailing Details:

1. Place your items a baggie, you will end up with 1 baggie per kit. Please DO NOT label your item on its back. Some people don't like that.

2. Label each baggie with your name, screen name, group name & spot number.

3. Place the baggies into a larger Ziploc baggie with your name, screen name & address.

4. You have 3 options for postage.
A. Include enough return postage to mail the swap items back to you plus 2 extra stamps just in case. Any unused postage will be returned to you. Include a padded envelope (in your send) or box with address label, but do not attach the return postage....I will do that when I mail them back. If sending your items in a box I will return them back in the same box. Please make sure I can get the box open without killing it.

B. If you want them returned to you via Priority Mail, please include a $4.10 stamp.....to save room in your envelope DO NOT send a priority envelope I will pick one up for you.

C. If you are in all or more than 2 of the groups, The USPS has a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box; Any weight, any state, for $8.05. This box is large enough to get all your items back to you safely and quickly. It also takes the guesswork out of shipping rate.

PLEASE SEND AN ADDRESS LABEL SO PACKAGE CAN BE RETURNED. THANKS

5. Mail your packages to:
I will send out my address after final details

6. Please email me once your items have been mailed so that I can make sure I'm here for them.

Thank you for joining. I can't wait to see all the kits together.

Tracy

Last edited by ImaDizneyNut; 01-18-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #2
Spinning
Give me a chunk of something and hot glue/no sew glue and I "create"
The Tag Fairy loves the dog costume I made! Do you do one with wing holes?
Needs tiny bandaids for holes in fingers

never mind

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally the Tag Fairy lost the last part of my quote.. bad fairy. Bad bad fairy.

Last edited by Spinning; 01-18-2006 at 11:21 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
havencruiser
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the details. It sounds like fun! This is an album I have always wanted to do since it is my and DD's favorite place.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
ImaDizneyNut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by havencruiser
It sounds like fun! This is an album I have always wanted to do since it is my and DD's favorite place.
Hopefully we get at least 4 more people to take part
Old 01-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
ImaDizneyNut
Mouseketeer

I give up

I tried I really did. But I decided not to host this epcot swap. When you can trust me more I will. I'm sorry to those who WANTED 2 do this swap. I promise I will post it again (soon), if you want me to keep you on the list for those spots I will do that for you this way you have your spots already for when I post.
At this moment I can't do it, I just can't take anymore.

If anyone will like to know why please feel free to email me I will gladly explain.

Again I'm sorry.

PS. Don't get me wrong I understand why some of you don't trust me but I was hurt with what I found in my mailbox.

Thanks to those who tried to except me and to those who talked things out with me and just didn't shut me down all together.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #6
Spinning
Give me a chunk of something and hot glue/no sew glue and I "create"
The Tag Fairy loves the dog costume I made! Do you do one with wing holes?
Needs tiny bandaids for holes in fingers

Wow all I can say I am shocked someone would send you a nasty pm or email. If it is a PM you can let the web masters know because that is not tolerated at all.
It is a shame things went down hill and I do take some of the blame for questioning why a swap was being held but no one knew who the people were. (not the host) But it worked it self out and people who wanted to swap with you on here cont.
I will also speak my mind out in the public forum. Can't ever imagine a time I would have to do it behind doors....

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally the Tag Fairy lost the last part of my quote.. bad fairy. Bad bad fairy.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
ImaDizneyNut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinning
Wow all I can say I am shocked someone would send you a nasty pm or email. If it is a PM you can let the web masters know because that is not tolerated at all.
It is a shame things went down hill and I do take some of the blame for questioning why a swap was being held but no one knew who the people were. (not the host) But it worked it self out and people who wanted to swap with you on here cont.
I will also speak my mind out in the public forum. Can't ever imagine a time I would have to do it behind doors....

It wasn't a nasty PM. But if I did get a nasty pm I would never run and tell teacher. I figure if adults can't communicate with each other as adults there's always the ignore button lOL

I'm just getting so tired of defending myself. It seems everytime something is put to bed another thing rises up. So I'm just giving up.
I also don't like people impling things about me (that is why I posted my emails) and lying about things I said. I DON'T lie. I might not say the right things at times or might not say what people want to hear but I don't lie. I will defend myself and everything I ever said.

thanks for your comments but I'm actually thinking about just finishing the APril swap with the 2 members that signed up and then leave.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #8
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Sorry about all this mess so this swap is done right? I wanted to pick my country, Mexico.

Instagram: roxyy39

Old 01-18-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust32
Sorry about all this mess so this swap is done right? I wanted to pick my country, Mexico.
I'd let the dust settle. I'm sure their will be another EPCOT swap.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:21 AM   #10
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

i'm disappointed but understand why this swap was cancelled. Please PM me if you or anyone decides to host one again, i try to pop in on this board but not everday

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
Old 01-19-2006, 07:36 AM   #11
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Oh Ok!

Instagram: roxyy39

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: