Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Delectable Dining Reviews; Disney Dining Plan

Delectable Dining Reviews; Disney Dining Plan – Nov. 27th to Dec. 3rd

The Cast:
Me: I was the payer/planner so the choices where to eat were mostly mine. I love food and am okay with a little spice and I am a big fan of shrimp.
Mom: Doesn’t like spice at all (she’s a mild salsa kind of lady), and is not a fan of huge chunks of beef.
Dad: Loves huge chunks of beef and chocolate cake. He’s a quantity over quality kind of guy.
Jenna: She’s 11 and seemed miserable the entire trip. She loves steak and any dessert but hates any orange cheese with a passion. Not a big fan kid’s menus so was pleased about the dining plan and getting steak at almost every meal.

Sunday Nov. 27th

Dinner – 4:30pm – Planet Hollywood

Our ADR had been for 4pm but because the dip at the front desk of AKL put only three keys in the envelope (she left out the 4th) we had to go back and were late getting to the restaurant which was not a problem.

This was my mom’s one choice of where to eat. She really likes this restaurant and let me say from the get go, it did not disappoint!

We used 3 dining credits and paid OOP for a kid’s meal (which I did not make Jenna eat). I had asked about just sharing 3 dining credits but the waitress was unfamiliar with the dining plan but offered a kid’s menu for Jenna so it worked out fine. Btw, this was the waitresses only downfall as service was excellent, glasses were readily refilled, dirty plates taken away quickly, and she returned many times to ensure that everything was acceptable. She made appropriate recommendations and was very pleasant.

We started with:

Tostadas – Filled with bbq chicken and smothered with cheese served with salsa and sour cream.
Potato Skins – filled with bacon, cheese and bbq sauce served with sour cream on the side.
Capt Crunch Chicken fingers – big pieces of white meat chicken coated with a crunchy sweat coating.

All three were very good and they were large servings. The chicken fingers were amazingly good – everything was hot and fresh. I told the waitress we were sharing them around so she brought small plates out to make it easier.

For entrees:

2 x 14 oz Rib eye Steaks served with French fries and green beans. (One for Dad and one for Jenna)
1x BBQ ribs served with French fries and coleslaw. (Mom and I ended up sharing)
1 x kid’s chicken finger meal (I ate the fries but the chicken fingers came back with us to the fridge)

The steaks were cooked exactly to order (medium and medium well). They were large and tender and rated 2nd best of the trip. The fries were hot and crispy but the green beans were a little blah but I expect that of American vegetables served in restaurants.

The BBQ ribs were fall off the bone fantastic. My mom found them a little spicy but they were mild. It was a full rack and they just seemed to go on and on. Everyone tried some and we all agreed that they were good – not fatty and very tender.

The chicken fingers were good reheated in the microwave at the Mara the next morning. P

Desserts:

2 x Strawberry Cheesecake
1 x Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream

The cheesecake set the bar for all the others to follow and honestly, none quite lived up to this one. It was super creamy and had fresh strawberries and sauce on top. The chocolate cake the right mix of cake and icing and the ice cream was very rich and creamy (some of the best we’ve ever had). The desserts were all huge – I think the piece of chocolate cake was about a ¼ of a round cake.

Drinks:
3 x diet cokes (2 without ice and 1 with – you will notice a pattern as the reviews progress)
1 large chocolate milk (for Jenna)

Cost:
3 Table Service credits used – Total cost would have been: $137.27
OOP kid’s meal with large chocolate milk $10.33 + $10 extra tip
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: