Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
Timon

DIS Junkie

Angry NOT impressed with MyPublisher.com!!

I spent the last few months gathering family photos from this past year and have been making digital layouts of them with the intention of creating a family album as Christmas gifts for my in-laws. I wasn't sure if I was going to print them out myself or what until I saw someone post about mypublisher.com. I checked it out and even though the shipping was expensive to Canada I decided it would look a lot better than if I printed it on my own.

So I downloaded their software, created my book and paid $110 USD for 5 paperback books for my family. My order was shipped in a few days and this past Thursday I received my order via FedEx.

When I first opened them, they seemed a little small and they cut off the sides of some of my layouts, but I was still impressed, the printing came out great and I was happy about them. I looked through one of the books a few times and was still happy, then I looked through that same book for the fourth time and the binding came all apart!!!

So then I opened up another book (I left the other 4 in the plastic envelope they came in) and opened the pages almost flat but not quite flat and the binding started coming apart too!!! I was FURIOUS!! These are books that will be looked at over and over and the binding should be a lot stronger!!

I immediately wrote an e-mail to their customer service telling them what had happened and that I was NOT happy and even attached 3 photos to show what had happened.

That was ONE WEEK AGO, and I still have not heard anything back from them! I was mad before but gave them the opportunity to correct this situation and they haven't even bothered to respond!!! Now I am livid!! I checked all my spam folders and junk e-mail even though I put them in my address book but still haven't gotten an e-mail back and it's getting close to Christmas now and even though I have been working on this for months, I probably won't have anything to give to my family at Christmastime now!

Here is the e-mail and photos I sent to them a week ago:

Date of order: November 21, 2005
Order Number: #####
Shipment Received: December 1st

Hello,

I received my order this evening and I am very unimpressed with your binding. After looking at one book for the fourth time, the binding has come apart and the pages are coming out of the book. Considering that these are going to be gifts that people will be looking at many times for many years, the fact that they have come apart after looking at them 4 times is absolutely unacceptable.

After the first book began to come apart, I opened another book and attempted to lay it somewhat flat (not all the way flat) and it too began to come apart at the binding.

After viewing the book the first time I had told my husband that I was impressed with the final product and that the printing was great.

Considering that these are what most people would call "coffee table" books and that they need to be opened all the way to view them, you would assume that the binding would be very strong and would last for many years knowing that many people would be looking at them. I would be very shocked and very unhappy if this was the kind of quality that all your books are made with.

I found your site through an online Disney community forum with over 80,000 registered members and many more non-registered visitors. I have read a couple of reviews about your company and that the quality was very good, which is why I decided to place an order with you despite the ridiculously overpriced shipping charges to Canada (costs more than the book itself!). I would hate to have to post a negative review on those forums for many thousands to read so I am first writing to you to give you the chance to rectify this situation.

I have included photos of the binding so that you can see exactly what I am talking about.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Catherine #######

Does anyone have any experience dealing with my publisher.com??

Last edited by Timon; 12-07-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
Twigs
DIS Cast Member
I got tagged even though I wasn't optimistic!

I am so sorry this happened to you. They would have to know that a book like that will be opened and looked at a lot. Hope you get a response soon.
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #3
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

I'd call them and if they don't respond please put a hold on your credit card and let the credit card company deal with it.

Sorry they did that. They look nice except for the binding part.

Tina
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
FantasticDisFamily
Sent on a Mission
Likes Disney Scrapbooking

Yikes! At this point, I'd make a phone call. I know another expense but it might be the only way to resolve this. A person needs to hear your words!

Deb
FantasticDisFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
chessie
DIS Veteran

Oh my Cass, I am so sorry about your books. That is so awful. I too would tell your credit card company to stop payment to that company. Someone should have answered your email immediately if only to say that they got your email and will get back to you when they see what they can do about it. I feel so bad for you. All that work that you put into everything. Keep us posted. Maybe you can make some lunch bag books with a note to exchange it for the real thing when the books gets fixed.
chessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
Sandy22
Adopting a Princess
You'd never catch me with a 2 slicer again!
the looty booty!

EEK! That's scary because I'm right in the middle of selecting my digi lay-outs to have published and I wanted to use mypublisher as well.

I even e-mailed them last week on a sizing question...they answered me within a couple of hours. You should write back...maybe your e-mail got misplaced. But that doesn't excuse the poor quality! I'm really shocked because I had only heard good things about them...now I'm going to rethink this.

You should bring this up on the digi board at 2peas - maybe someone else has experienced this.

Please keep us updated.
2000 December Off-site
2001 August – All-Star Music
2003 December Off-site
2005 October - Pop Century (free dining!)
2006 December 4 weeks in Orlando!

2008 March - 10 days of fun in the sun...can't wait to go back!
2009 January - 3 weeks in Daytona and Orlando
Sandy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #7
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

How weird-I looked at the ones I ordered several times with no problems. They're wrapped now, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Luckily I was able to use the buy one get one free code, which helped a lot with the cost. I will definitely call if the two I ordered have that problem!

Good luck Cass...
WDWAurora is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: