Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2004, 08:47 AM   #1
POOH&PIGLET
I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!

Post your favorite Richyams quotes / links here.

In honor of Richyams, please post your favorite quotes or links to old posts.

On of my favorites had to do was the blue ressies!

Here are two links:
Link #1
Link #2

God bless you Rich.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:53 AM   #2
ripleysmom
Lucas and Ripley's mom!

I can't because the debate board has been deleted.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2004, 09:16 AM   #3
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Gee, there were so many!

Here's what a quick search turned up.

On the subject of people buying DVC to rent out and make money:
Quote:
Besides all that, its considered pretty slimey to buy points for the sole purpose of renting them out

and one of his favorite topics, the DVC Guides:
Quote:
I refuse to call them guides, they are timeshare salesmen. For the most part, they uphold the sleazy tradition of using lies to sell their product very well.

and last but not least, a sample of his never ending quest to make people understand the "benefits" of owning at BWV:
Quote:
The ability to do 1/3 of a marathon at the begining and end of each day trekking to the room. The kitchen being so small it doesn't hold enough food to over eat. To say nothing of the flexing exercises you can do by cleaning an entire BWV one bedroom unit standing in one place.

I feel like I'm sitting in the back of a funeral parlor, trading stories about the deceased. Cyber funeral home? This is surely a strange world.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 09-08-2004, 09:49 AM   #4
chris1gill

But you know I'm thinking (scary enough)

I wish I could find his old quote that went something like:

OKW rooms are 25% larger than BW rooms and OKW dues are 25% less than BW rooms, then he'd go on to talk about the parking near the door... I can't find the quote though... I'm a staunch pro-BWV person myself, but I always appreciated his sense of humor when comparing the two resorts LOL...

Does anyone know what happened to Rich? Why he'd been off the boards for the past few months & now passed on?

I'm just speechless over the news, I will miss his quick wit & dry humor....
Old 09-08-2004, 10:17 AM   #5
Mickmse2002
DIS Veteran

Old 09-08-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

It isn't a quote, but I've always loved his tag - A man, A Legend, A way of life. Wonderful!!:D
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Old 09-08-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
lacool
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

I loved that among the benefits of BWV he listed being able to sit on the balcony and reach to get a fresh beer from the kitchen. It may have been my deciding factor in buying BWV!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #8
jennybobenny
banana fanna fo fenny

I almost hurt my neck laughing at this one...

"....Of course the rooms are stocked with towels according to the size of the room. The idea that they would wait to find out how many guests are staying in a room is silly....what is more entertaining is the idea that the rooms are stocked according to room size and then when it is determined how many guests will be staying in a room, a little dude on a scooter goes around and removes the proper number of towels from each unit..."

I just can't get the image of the little 'dude' riding around on a scooter balancing a clipboard and a stack of towels...

Another good one...

"....I think they should have bounties. 25 Disney Dollars for each pool intruder, 35 if they have dirty feet, 50 if they are off site guests......25 Disney Dollars for reporting five in a one bedroom, 30 for five in a studio, 50 for six in a one bedroom, 75 for six in a studio..."

Dirty feet??

We miss you Rich.

~Jennybºoºbenny~
***DVC Member***
Onsite: Poly'76, Contemp'98, BWV'99, CBR'00, BWV'00, CBR'01,
BWV'01, ASM'01, BWV'01, BWV'02, PC'04, BWV'04, BWV'04,
VWL'06, OKW'07, PO'07, SSR'08, VWL'09, BWV'09, AKL'10
Offsite: '74 '80 '82 '88
Next trip: BWV July'13

Old 09-08-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
ErinC
DIS Veteran

I can't think of any specific quotes, but anytime I saw Richyams and DeeP( I think that was her username) posting on the same thread, I knew it was going to be good. He used to aggravate her to no end, and she was insistent that her feathers were not ruffled be him while she was typing pages and pages of rebuttle! I used to just read and laugh! I hate that he won't be around to stir things up on the board anymore. I also remember the post he started asking if should no longer post on the boards, that went several pages, all the while knowing he was sitting back and reading it and laughing. He will be missed! Erin
Old 09-08-2004, 11:29 AM   #10
gopherit
I'm not in the book, you know.

I'm a certified "geekus optima", if you know what I mean!

Quote:
Originally posted by chris1gill
Does anyone know what happened to Rich? Why he'd been off the boards for the past few months & now passed on?

I'm just speechless over the news, I will miss his quick wit & dry humor....
Same question here -- 42 years young is so tragic.

My DH never reads the boards...except through me, that is -- but he always asks me if "that one guy" has posted recently. I think it was probably in one of the threads alrady mentioned, but I love the imagery of someone sitting on their BWV balcony and being able to "reach in the fridge and grab a cold one... without ever getting out of their chair." (Or something like that!)
Old 09-08-2004, 11:55 AM   #11
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Loved this one in response to someone asking for pictures of the BWV kitchen:

Since they are so many points, I don't think that the people using them can afford camaras.

This is why you see so many pictures of OKW units. Another contributing factor may be the embarrassment of spending so many points and have such a tiny, useless kitchen.

Good luck, I hope someone that could afford a camara along with all them points can put aside their embarrassment and post some pics for you.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:02 PM   #12
erikthewise
Gandalf wannabe
TFs are very, very cute and feisty pixie-like creatures!

I don't have an exact quote, but one time he mentioned something about his BWV suite being "a mile from the check-in desk". I replied that maybe the CM at the front desk recognized him and gave him one of those houses at the back of MGM (on Residential Street(?), now torn down), which really were a mile from the checkin desk. That was the one time I got him good.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #13
Jimbo
6 AM and already the boy ain't right.
Given my cousins up north, "My Name Is Earl" could be considered a reality show
I want a Tim Gunn of my very own!

Quote:
Originally posted by ErinC
I can't think of any specific quotes, but anytime I saw Richyams and DeeP( I think that was her username) posting on the same thread, I knew it was going to be good. He used to aggravate her to no end, and she was insistent that her feathers were not ruffled be him while she was typing pages and pages of rebuttle!
Rich used to always sneak in "many consider Old Key West to be the only true DVC resort" into those threads. It used to make some people crazy! I suspect they knew he was being bating them, but they were powerless to avoid it. And he never appeared mad or upset by their responses, and that made them even crazier.

He sure had their number!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #14
mckryan
DIS Veteran

I did a search on his name and came up with this site. Click on Search Archives and search with his name and you'll see that it probably was him since he mentioned south FL/Broward Co. in one of his messages. He was posting there as recently as 9/5.

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/

It seems like Rich had taken his leave of the board with the demise of the debate board. I'm sad that he left, but I'm happy for all the memories we have of him.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:46 PM   #15
Jen D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rich used to always sneak in "many consider Old Key West to be the only true DVC resort" into those threads. It used to make some people crazy! I suspect they knew he was being bating them, but they were powerless to avoid it. And he never appeared mad or upset by their responses, and that made them even crazier.
Yeah, that was the best part. He would just casually drop that line into a post and some people would just have kittens over it. And he just floated above the fray he inevitably created.

You know the old saying, **** 'em if they can't take a joke.

Magic Kingdom, 7th Birthday, 1977; Epcot on a school trip, 1984; BWV, September 2001; POFQ February 2003; Polynesian September 2004; ASMu/Offsite/SSR February 2006,
NEXT TRIP FEBRUARY 16-24, 2007

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: