Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Post Your Royal Pacific Room Assignment Here!

Ryguy and Motherfletcher (& others) gave me the idea to start another post where past & current visitors of RPR can report what their assigned room numbers were for their stay.

What was your Tower #, Room #, Room Type and description of the view from your room...etc. ?

I think this information would be helpful for those of us staying in the future. Our trip isn't until August 2005 and I've been researching since about March 2004. You can bet that I am approaching "information overload" but that's O.K. I plan on having a BLAST on this trip and doing it as economical as possible with the highest quality possible, thanks to the great people of these boards !!!!!

I'd just like to give Ryguy the biggest THANK YOU there is for the information shared and the time it took you to get room location/information to us all.
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #2
gschmerl
Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any longer!!!
Fun lover
Has seen the TF

We were at the RPR last month in room 1633. We requested that room because it is at the end of the hall--far away from the elevator and very quiet. The stairway leading to the walking path to City Walk was right outside our door. I was at Margaritaville in five minutes.
We had a view of the waterway, the walking path, The Hulk, Dr. Doom, many other sights at IOA, the Universal globe,City Walk, and a WONDERFUL view of the fireworks at Universal Studios.
gschmerl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Room 2100, King Parlor Suite, Handicap Accessible

We stayed in a King Parlor Suite. Room #2100. This was in Tower 2 on the Ground level. We were close to the elevators (for getting to the Lobby), right on the end near the front end of the building so access was VERY convenient. This is a handicap accessible room and does NOT have a tub, but it was very spacious. We are a family of 5... 2 adults, one teen, one elementary age, and one 3 yr. old. We had plenty of space and storage. A crib and a refrigerator. I was very pleased with the friendliness of the staff at the Royal Pacific. Although the table in the parlor was not clean when we arrived, (it had a glass top so it was easy to see it had not been wiped off...) the housekeeping for our stay was very prompt and satisfactory.

I thought the room was beautiful, had a view of the front entrance bridge to the lobby... a definite tropical garden view!

Thank you again to the Royal Pacific for a wonderful stay!

Last edited by Disbug; 08-03-2004 at 07:03 AM.
Disbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
DisneyDW
Mouseketeer

We were at RPH last week and were in rooms 1619 and 1621 (connecting). One room was a King and one room had 2 queens - tower 1. I believe I booked standard rooms. We were all the way down the hall from the elevators, first 2 rooms on the left leg of the Y facing the waterway and IOA. We had a good view of Hulk and the other rides at IOA. It was very quiet. We have 2 small children (3 and 4) and the walk (with a stroller) was very nice to get to the parks and CityWalk. We took the water taxi once just to do it but never waited for it again.

Last trip - 10/05 Off-site and first MNSSHP
Next trip - 8/06 AKL :
DisneyDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:29 PM   #5
VW31
Mouseketeer

Thanks DisneyDW, I have been looking for exactly this kind of detailed information.

How was the layout of the king compared to the 2 queen?
In the future would you prefer this view over the water/pool view? Did you get "tired" of looking at the parks from your room since you were at the parks everyday?

Thanks.

...Trips to Orlando, Fl...

Universal Studios/IOA – Portofino Bay Hotel – Feb 2004’

Universal/IOA & SeaWorld - Royal Pacific Resort - August 2005'

Next up...
... guess where?

(but maybe just one more trip to Universal...AP's )

...My Travels... aw: aw:

- Iberostar Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

- Royal Planation, Jamaica

- Cap Juluca, Anguilla

- Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal, Mexico

- Royal West Indies, Turks & Caicos
VW31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:41 PM   #6
DisneyDW
Mouseketeer

I have to say the rooms were a little small but fine for 4 of us in 2 connecting rooms. The King room had a chair w/ottomon in the free space. Both rooms had a little table with 2 chairs. The bathroom for each had the sink/vanity separate from the toilet/shower which I really liked. One sink per bathroom. They both had minibars and cordless phones! I really liked that. They also have Internet connectivity via the TV - there is a wireless keyboard that can be used. I think it was like $11.99 per 24 hours. We didn't use it but I liked the option! We also had bathrobes which I really like.

The other thing that I really liked about these rooms were dimmers on the lights! It seems like such a minor thing but with little kids, I always bring my nightlights and didn't need them for these rooms. Also if one person needs a little light, it is adjustable right over your head. They had these above the beds and at the sink. So I left a little light in my kids' bathroom on in case they needed to get up in the middle of the night.

What else - oh yes, the view. I liked this view a lot. The kids loved watching the park (Hulk basically) and with the waterway and all the foliage - you really didn't notice the road.

A lot of little touches in the rooms that I really liked. The whole hotel was beautiful and well kept. Service was great.

Last trip - 10/05 Off-site and first MNSSHP
Next trip - 8/06 AKL :
DisneyDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:52 PM   #7
VW31
Mouseketeer

Thanks DisneyDW!

...Trips to Orlando, Fl...

Universal Studios/IOA – Portofino Bay Hotel – Feb 2004’

Universal/IOA & SeaWorld - Royal Pacific Resort - August 2005'

Next up...
... guess where?

(but maybe just one more trip to Universal...AP's )

...My Travels... aw: aw:

- Iberostar Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

- Royal Planation, Jamaica

- Cap Juluca, Anguilla

- Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal, Mexico

- Royal West Indies, Turks & Caicos
VW31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:49 PM   #8
dinks
A Disney Planaholic!

Question

gschmerl, did you have a standard room?

Also, if we ask ahead of time for a room assignment, and then we get there and the nice man or woman will allow us to use Lowes perks (looks to be dependent on the person), what are the chances of getting an upgraded room?
Swan and Sheraton Safari -Dec 2004
Wyndham Palace/Contemporary May 2005
Motel 6/Comfort Suites Universal South-May 2005
As you may notice I enjoy hopping. AKL/Country Inn/Gaylord Palms/PBH/Sleep Suites Universal-July 2005
Pop Century 09/09/05
Pop Century 10/21/2005

Caleb came 12 weeks early! He was born on my 33rd birthday. He's doing just fine even though he was that preemie!
dinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 06:30 AM   #9
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead
My username is an obscure line from Shrek 4-D

It would be nice if someone could make this a "stuck" thread.

Room numbers:
The first number is the Tower. There are 3 Towers all in the shape of a "Y". The elevators are at the bottom of the main "leg" of the Y. When the Y splits you can go the the right leg or the left leg. There are rooms on both sides of these legs.
Tower 3 is the closest to the boat dock and bus stop. Tower 1 is closest for the walk and Tower 2 is the farthest from everything.
The second number is the floor. The 3rd floor is the lobby level. The 7th floor is the top.
The last 2 numbers are the room number. Odd numbers are on one side of the hall and even are on the other.

Tower 1
Room number 1705 is a standard 2 queen handicap access room on the right side (from the elevator) of the main leg. The view is of the park from Nicktoons building to the RPR bamboo lined entryway and front parking lot.
Room 1712 is a pool view 2 queen on the left side of the main leg.
Room 1729 is a standard 2 queen on the right side of the left leg.
This is my favorite room to date. The view stretchs from Ripsaw Falls to CityWalk with the Hulk in the center. You can see the Hulk lying in bed.

For the sake of those lost with the Y/leg thing, let me explain it for Tower 1. As you exit the tower's elevator the hallway is the main leg of the Y. On the right you have rooms 1701 through 1717 odd numbers which have a view of the entrance , CityWalk and the parking garages. The on other side of this main leg hall are rooms 1702 through 1716 even numbers that are all pool view rooms. Beyond 1716 the hallway splits and to the left or "left leg" on the left side are rooms 1718 - 1732 even which are pool view. The right side has rooms 1719 - 1733 odd numbers which are standards and have very good park views. Back at the split if you turn right down the right leg on the right side of the hall you
have rooms 1741 - 1755 odd which are standard with views of the front parking lot and parking garage. Rooms 1740 through 1754 even are on the left side of the right leg and are standard with very good park views.

Tower 2
Room 2704 is a standard 2 queen on the left side of the main leg and has views of the Hulk and CityWalk.

Tower 3
Room 3315 is a standard 2 queen with a view of the Palm Garden Lawn and the embankment of the interstate exchange. Worst view we have ever had.
Motherfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:32 PM   #10
RyGuy
Universal On-Site Hotel Expert

ClanHarrison,
Your welcome! I'm glad I could help you with your planning.

Motherfletcher's explanation of room numbers and views for tower 1 is 100% accurate and should be very helpful for those of you wanting standard view rooms with themepark views.

Something else I wanted to pass on is that any room with 00 as the last two digits is a king suite ex.) 3500 or 2500. They are the first rooms located off the elevators. Rooms ending in 01 may also be king suites but I am not sure. Does anybody know for sure?
RyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:02 PM   #11
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU

Thank you guys!! You are selfless, generous and kind. I feel so "armed" with information during this planning stage of our trip and I owe so many of you in these boards!

We have committed to the first important decision of this vacation (8/2005): the gorgeous home that we will be staying in. It's a 5 br/4.5 ba pool home with 3 king masters, 54 in. t.v. in l/r and an 8 seat theatre room plus every other amenity you could need/want.
This place is just gorgeous! I'm soooo excited!!!
ClanHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #12
gschmerl
Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any longer!!!
Fun lover
Has seen the TF

Re: Question

Quote:
Originally posted by dinks
gschmerl, did you have a standard room?

Also, if we ask ahead of time for a room assignment, and then we get there and the nice man or woman will allow us to use Lowes perks (looks to be dependent on the person), what are the chances of getting an upgraded room?
Yes, we had a standard room. We LOVED the location. It was so quiet at the end of the hall, and we loved the convenience of the stairway leading right to the walking path. If you want to take the water taxi or the bus, then tower 3 would be better.
gschmerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:47 PM   #13
brooke1
DIS Veteran

We stayed in May 2004 and stayed in room 1652 . Tower1 Great view of the Hulk, Dr. Doom and the water way where the taxi's runs.
But the only problem is the walk from the water taxi to Tower 1 then the room was all the way at the end of the hall way.

I am also hoping to back in May 2005

Brooke
brooke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:54 AM   #14
tnelson0119
Earning My Ears

From 8/2 to 8/8, we had room 1725, which as indicated, is in tower 1, seventh floor, down the left hall about 3/4 of the way, on the right side of the hall. Our view was incredible. We could see part of the lake below, the Hulk was right in the middle of the window, with DD also. The fireworks were cake to see laying in bed with lights off. This is our new home.

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 30, 2004 1:00:00 AM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=navy>Countdown to Disney/Universal </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Vacation time!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
tnelson0119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:35 PM   #15
kathyclownfish
Mouseketeer

TNelson, how far away were you from the elevator? Was your room far from the pool?
Thanks
Kathy
Pop Century 2008 with the girls! Atlanta Cheerleading Nationals
Windsor Hills 2010 celebrating mom's 70th Bday
US/IOA & SW/DC & Disney May 2011 with Seaworld Suites/RP & BVS - Mom and Rachel 21st Bday
Boardwalk Inn/WBC -Mom and Rachel 75th Bday Celebration
kathyclownfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: