Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
SSSneezy
Mouseketeer

Help my convince my "Grumpy" husband to do a Disney cruise

I saw the Travel channel show on the Magic and Wonder and now HAVE to go. We have toyed with the idea of a Disney cruise for years but have done Royal Caribbean because my husband grumbles every time we go to WDW and takes some of the magic away. He is convinced that all he will see on the cruise is screaming children and that "*&^!" mouse. After seeing the show I don't even care if he grumbles, I just want to go.

Help!!
SSSneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #2
allshookup
Anymore singalongs and this tag is the first to go

Well it doesn't sound like your DH is a big Disney fan. I know a few people that have gone to DW and they just don't see what the big deal is. I guess they never found the magic! I don't think I would even try to convince them that a Disney Cruise is the way to go. However, if you are determined to convince DH that you must go on a Disney Cruise I would tell him the following:

1. There really isn't a lot of screaming kids running around on board or even at dinner. A lot of the kids are off at the clubs, the kid's pool or the arcade. Plus there are adult places where you can avoid children altogether such as the adult pool, spa, Palo, the night clubs in the evening.

2. You'd be lucky to run into Mickey Mouse. Yes he is in the lobby for picture taking and he is at the character brkfst, but other than that we never saw him. Even the decor on the ship has a Disney theme but it is very subdued.

Hope that helps!
allshookup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2003, 04:11 PM   #3
disny4ever
dvc member

Turn Grumpy into Prince Charming

That's what a Disney cruise will do for you. Since you have cruised before I sure I don't have to tell you to do the 7 day. It's so relaxing, It really does want to make you go back again, and
again, and again.........................................
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 24, 2003 6:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Dreams do come true !! </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Home Sweet Home';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Scott
disny4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:16 PM   #4
webray
Love the wineauxs!

Hubby and I did just our first cruise, Disney this past September, 7 day western carib.

We didn't really have to worry about kids at all..you hardly see any. The adult only areas are wonderful.

maybe if your hubby doesn't want to go, find a friend and the two of you go. Better to leave the grumpy people at home...lol.
webray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:53 PM   #5
confal1
Mouseketeer

My DH is not the vacationing kind. He is a workaholic but did agree to do the 4 day Disney cruise after 5 nights at the BC last year. He was done with Disneyworld after about 5 minutes but the moment that we boarded the ship he relaxed. If you have been on other cruises you know how small the staterooms are. We got a cabin with a verandah. Well worth the extra money. That is what sold my husband, relaxing on the verandah with no crowds and a beer in hand looking out at the ocean. Oh yes and he could watch the football games right in our stateroom. Our 4 year old was in the Kids Club most of the time and I enjoy spending time alone so while he was watching the games I went right to the Spa. My husband liked the cruise so much that he told me to book another Disney cruise but this time he insisted on the 7 night and a category 3. We sail in Nov. 2004!!!The biggest seller for him was the size of the stateroom. Good Luck!
confal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
disneydreamer1970
Loves planning surprise Disney trips!

Talking

Confal1 - When are you sailing in November, 2004? We are booked on the November13 Eastern!!! It will be our first cruise!!!

disneydreamer1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 08:58 PM   #7
Masonpips
DIS Veteran

two words:

Surial Bath

Go print the reports (Barb has one, Dave in the Frozen North another), give them to your husband and book away.....

RCCL Mariner (Eastern turned Western, thanks to Hurricane Omar!) 10/12/08
RCCL Liberty (Eastern) 10/13/07
RCCL Navigator (Western) 10/14/06 (An OS thanks to the Upgrade Fairy!)
RCCL Mariner (Eastern): 10/16/05
DCL Magic (Western): 12/28/04 - New Year's Cruise - Bingo Jackpot Winner!!
DCL Magic (Eastern): 11/01/03
DCL Magic (Western): 10/25/02 - Halloween Cruise
Masonpips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:09 PM   #8
miniluvsmickeyshubby
Earning My Ears

SS....im like your husband. i can think of alot of things to do with the money my wife wants to spend on a cruise, like pay bills we will be taking our first cruise next month. i tried to get out of it but she wore me down........ make some kind of deal with your hubby that if he goes you will do something for him. i told my wife i would go if she would let me hunt as much as i wanted to this deer season. she agreed and so im going on a cruise and im keeping my mouth shut about how much money she is spending and im going to have a good time even if i cant wear shorts to dinner
miniluvsmickeyshubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:26 PM   #9
Buckaroo's Dad
Will suffer in happiness rather than risk revisiting hell in the heavenly bonds of matrimony! ;)

Quote:
im going to have a good time even if i cant wear shorts to dinner
But you can wear UNDERshorts to dinner...
Buckaroo's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:27 PM   #10
Buckaroo's Dad
Will suffer in happiness rather than risk revisiting hell in the heavenly bonds of matrimony! ;)

Quote:
miniluvsmickeyshubby - you can wear UNDERshorts to dinner...
Old 10-06-2003, 09:39 PM   #11
Buckaroo's Dad

Quote:
miniluvsmickeyshubby - but you can wear UNDERshorts to dinner...
Old 10-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #12
miniluvsmickeyshubby
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
miniluvsmickeyshubby - you can wear UNDERshorts to dinner...

BD-I don't wear undershorts under my kilt....only socks and shoes
miniluvsmickeyshubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: