Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

Course by Course, One By One, 'Til You Shout "Enough I'm Done" Sept 2014 TR LINK!!!



I know what you are thinking! Another Pre-Trip Report from AAshleySEG!! We just can't help ourselves, we are totally obsessively addicted to Disney World! So yes, you get another PTR! This trip is going to be centered around...can you guess from the title?? Food!!! You can't go to Disney World without at least sampling a few of the thousands of options they have!!

Don't get me wrong we are planning lots of other fun activities as well, but I'm not joking, when I say we are planning on eating...A LOT...on this one! So if you are brave enough to follow us along again, please do!! And hey, if you are lurking.. just say Hi! I love to talk to everyone!! So when is this trip you ask?? Well let me give you some details!

Wednesday September 17 - Sunday September 21, 2014

Who is going??? Well as usual, it will be myself, Andrea (hanging on to 29 with all of my might until October), and my Disney Husband Jeremy! Ths photo was from our 7th Anniversary Vacation in June of this year!



We are going to be staying at one of our favorite resorts on property! Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village, with our DVC Points! So, do you think you can handle it?? If you can stay tuned! All will be revealed with time! Hopefully, you won't have to shout, "Enough I'm Done!"

Wednesday September 17, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!
Thursday September 18, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!
Friday September 19, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!
Food & Wine Festival Food To Eat List!
Saturday September 20, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!
Trip Budget! Can We Stay Within It This Time??

Poor Unfortunate Souls - Our Night at Villains Unleashed!

Walt Disney World Food at Home Countdown!!
15 Days To Go - Shrimp Tacos from Mexico!
14 Days To Go - Beef with Chimichurri from Argentina!
12 Days To Go - Maleficent Cupcake from Villains Unleashed!
10 Days To Go - Summer Herb Brioche from Victoria & Albert's!
8 Days To Go - Spiced Pumpkin Waffle Sundae from Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!
7 Days To Go - Pain & Panic Punch from Villains Unleashed
5 Days To Go - Potato Leek Soup from Be Our Guest!
2 Days To Go - Lemon Curd with Blueberry Compote - 2012 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!


Interested in reading more about us or some of our other adventures? I have links in my signature and for those who can't see them on devices, I will add links here!! Thanks for reading along!!

Disney Wonder to Alaska Trip Report June 2012

7th Anniversary Trip to Walt Disney World June 2014

Harambe Nights, Frozen Summer Fun & More PTR July 2014!

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 09-22-2014 at 12:26 PM.
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Raven0207
Earning My Ears
 
Raven0207's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 60

Wait which trip is this one ? Oh yeah I remember ! This one was planned for a special reason. Definitely can't wait to go !
Raven0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

First Day Preliminary Plans!

So if you know me, and have read one of my Pre-Trip reports before, I change plans quite frequently! It is a really bad habit that I can't seem to break! I am one of the most indecisive people on the planet and can talk myself into something one minute and the next think it is a terrible idea! So keep that in mind, when I say preliminary, it probably and more than likely WILL change...

Wednesday September 17, 2014!

So as per usual, Jeremy is going to try and leave work early, and he probably will leave earlier than I think! We may try to get on the road at about 9:00am or so! On our last trip we ate at this really great place I found on Yelp called Landolfi's Italian Bakery! At the moment, we are planning on eating there again!



The pizza there was fantastic!! Although this time though we may split a dessert, because they were HUGE!! Once we leave there instead of stopping in Charleston we are thinking about going to explore the Golden Isles Area of Georgia! We stay at a hotel for the night in that vicinity each trip! The hotel is already booked, and ready to go for when we get there that night!



For dinner that night, I will be using Yelp once again to try and decide on something! It may be take-out, some type of quick service eat-in place, or even a sit-down type dinner, really not sure at this point! Besides, if I give everything away, you won't need to read my Trip Report right??

After dinner we may explore a little more, or head back to the hotel for bed! Never really know, this is a little more unplanned than normal, we have not had a chance to really explore a new destination lately, so we are going to see where the road takes us!

Stay tuned for my next day, our first at Walt Disney World for this trip!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

Day 2 Preliminary Plans!!

Preliminary Plans for Thursday September 18, 2014!

At the moment, this day has quite a bit going on! Our first stop as per usualy will be for breakfast, any guesses where that may be??



What can I say we are addicted, moving on! We will be driving the remainder of the way to WDW! Depending on what time we get in the vicinity we may go ahead and check in first before we head out like we did this past trip! We are staying at our go to resort once again! Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village! Eventually we are going to be staying at different resorts! We also have active reservations at Saratoga Springs and Wilderness Lodge, so you should see those in the future!

Our plan is to head over to Downtown Disney for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express, I was reading MarbleBob's TR and they had some pizzas there, I totally wanted one after I saw that! So that is where we are planning on heading for lunch! We may walk around a bit and look through some shops as we make our way over to Ghirardelli for a dessert to share!

When we are done with food, the afternoon plan is to go over to Disneyquest and play around for a few hours! It has been a little while since we have been to DQ and it is high time we go again! Gosh darn it! We always have a blast when we are there, so this will be the perfect opportunity to go again!

For dinner there is a new Quick Service at DTD that just opened a few months ago called The Smokehouse, it is over at House of Blues and since we are going to be right across from there at DisneyQuest, we are gonna go over there for a quick little dinner!

For dessert, thanks to MarbleBob again...he is showing me all sort of things! We are planning on hopping over to Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort to get some cupcakes!! We love cupcakes, and since this trip is about food, well we are totally going to eat them!

After we eat our cupcakes, we are planning on taking the Monorail over to Magic Kingdom for a few rides to cap off the night!

For Fastpasses as of today 8/5/14, we have the following:
6:10-7:10 Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
7:20-8:20 Space Mountain
8:20-9:20 Splash Mountain

I figured it wouldn't matter if my hair got wet at night since no one could really see it anyways!! After those rides it should be about time to head back to the resort for a little sleepy time!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer
 
dreamerchic33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 420

Hey again! Joining in!
Sounds like you have great plans! Looking forward to hearing more!
dreamerchic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
Hey again! Joining in!
Sounds like you have great plans! Looking forward to hearing more!
Awesome! Thanks for coming over here too!! I was just coming over here to add some more notes for the next day!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
disney meema
DIS Veteran
 
disney meema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
I know what you are thinking! Another Pre-Trip Report from AAshleySEG!! We just can't help ourselves, we are totally obsessively addicted to Disney World! So yes, you get another PTR! This trip is going to be centered around...can you guess from the title?? Food!!! You can't go to Disney World without at least sampling a few of the thousands of options they have!!

Don't get me wrong we are planning lots of other fun activities as well, but I'm not joking, when I say we are planning on eating...A LOT...on this one! So if you are brave enough to follow us along again, please do!! And hey, if you are lurking.. just say Hi! I love to talk to everyone!! So when is this trip you ask?? Well let me give you some details!

Wednesday September 17 - Sunday September 21, 2014



Who is going??? Well as usual, it will be myself, Andrea (hanging on to 29 with all of my might until October), and my Disney Husband Jeremy! Ths photo was from our 7th Anniversary Vacation in June of this year!



We are going to be staying at one of our favorite resorts on property! Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village, with our DVC Points! So, do you think you can handle it?? If you can stay tuned! All will be revealed with time! Hopefully, you won't have to shout, "Enough I'm Done!"

Wednesday September 17, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!
Thursday September 18, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!
Friday September 19, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!
Food & Wine Festival Food To Eat List!
Saturday September 20, 2014 - Preliminary Plans!

Interested in reading more about us or some of our other adventures? I have links in my signature and for those who can't see them on devices, I will add links here!! Thanks for reading along!!

Disney Wonder to Alaska Trip Report June 2012

7th Anniversary Trip to Walt Disney World June 2014

Harambe Nights, Frozen Summer Fun & More PTR July 2014!

So excited to see your trip tickers ect. On my iPad nothing shows up but when I followed the link from your TR ... I ended up on the cool dis area with smiley choices and your balloon picture & ticker. (( weird huh )) anyways following along
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
So excited to see your trip tickers ect. On my iPad nothing shows up but when I followed the link from your TR ... I ended up on the cool dis area with smiley choices and your balloon picture & ticker. (( weird huh )) anyways following along
That is pretty strange! It is great to have you over here with me!! Thanks for coming over!! I can't wait to get everything rolling on this PTR!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #9
disney meema
DIS Veteran
 
disney meema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,251

Disney must of over sold the tickets for this event ... It must of been that since you didn't ride or see fantasmic and your reason to go was the villains unleashed character and shows and saw 3 characters yikes! Yeah I'm with you if that happened to me I would be doing the sad I'm leaving WDW face but for another reason feeling like I was ripped off and it was a cash grab ; (
Sure hope you sent disney feedback ... And no your not greedy lol that's just silly anyone would think or write that about people not enjoying an event because it was so over crowded & possibly way over sold. I mean you went to see the villains unleashed and it sounds like all the guest were leashed instead to the long line! (( sad ))
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #10
annie170
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 411

I'm sorry Villians Unleashed was a disappointment. Obviously, they oversold the event. You are entitled to feel the way you do. We had a similar experience in 1995 at the Magic Kingdom. There was a record capacity crowd and it was before the days of fastpasses. Seven hours in the park and we only rode three rides. I wish I were kidding. We proceeded to take a hiatus from WDW, but are back once again.

On a high note, your food looked really yummY!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
I'm sorry Villians Unleashed was a disappointment. Obviously, they oversold the event. You are entitled to feel the way you do. We had a similar experience in 1995 at the Magic Kingdom. There was a record capacity crowd and it was before the days of fastpasses. Seven hours in the park and we only rode three rides. I wish I were kidding. We proceeded to take a hiatus from WDW, but are back once again.

On a high note, your food looked really yummY!
Yuck, seven hours 3 rides!! I can't even imagine not having fastpasses anymore! It would be like not having a cell phone I guess!

The food was great!! Definitely the highlight of the night! Club Evil was a huge success I think! And mmm that cupcake, delish!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

20 Days!!


Time for a little budget post!! Everything is in the savings account already and so now we just have to keep within our budget! We also got to bring over $100 from the July trip to the September one!

There are a few things we already have, so I am going to list those out as things we DO NOT have to pay for on this trip!

Memory Maker
Premium Annual Park Passes (DVC Discounted)
Stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village (DVC)
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Tickets (DVC Discounted)
Tables In Wonderland (Won't be Using It Though)

Budgeted Amounts!

Wednesday September 17, 2014:
Gas #1 - $50.00
Lunch at Landolfi's Italian Bakery - $30.00
Dinner at Jerk Shack - $30.00

Thursday September 18, 2014:
Gas #2 - $50.00
Breakfast at Panera Bread - $20.00
Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express - $20.00
Dessert at Ghirardelli or Cupcake at Food Quest - $10.00
Dinner at Smokehouse or Food Trucks - $40.00

Friday September 19, 2014:
Breakfast at Seasons - $20.00
Food & Wine Festival - $75.00
Snacks at MNSSHP - $40.00

Saturday September 20, 2014:
Breakfast at Mara/McDonald's/Boardwalk Bakery - $20.00
Mini-Golf Tournament - $48.00 (I think with Passholder Discount)
Snacks at the Courses - $20.00
Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's - $700.00 or less

Sunday September 21, 2014:
Breakfast at Main Street Bakery - $20.00
Popcorn Buckets! - $11.00
Lunch on The Road - $20.00
Dinner on The Road - $20.00
Gas #3 - $50.00
Gas #4 - $50.00

Snacks & Souvenirs - $150.00

Total Budget for This Trip - $1500

AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #13
MidnightParade
DIS Veteran
 
MidnightParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 827

I know you said not too but I do feel bad that you had to experience that, should have never happened!! Disney didn't oversell the event, they never put a cap on tickets to start with! I don't know if it was inexperience or greed on their part. Probably both! I hope they learned from it and will change it going forward.

And no, you aren't greedy!! Those events are about the characters, thats why its Villains Unleashed, its about the Villains. I would have been raging if I only got to meet 3 characters! I heard the Oogie show was....not really in the Disney tone, even if this was an adult event. I actually haven't heard any of these good reviews(not that I went looking for them).

You got some delicious food though! And you know meeting the Witch is pretty awesome! Happy it didn't completely sour you on Disney. You have some fantastic trips coming up! Just think Chef's Table at V&A's!!! weeeeee!! . And Jeremy has some "okay" things planned for your birthday
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #14
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Disney must of over sold the tickets for this event ... It must of been that since you didn't ride or see fantasmic and your reason to go was the villains unleashed character and shows and saw 3 characters yikes! Yeah I'm with you if that happened to me I would be doing the sad I'm leaving WDW face but for another reason feeling like I was ripped off and it was a cash grab ; (
Sure hope you sent disney feedback ... And no your not greedy lol that's just silly anyone would think or write that about people not enjoying an event because it was so over crowded & possibly way over sold. I mean you went to see the villains unleashed and it sounds like all the guest were leashed instead to the long line! (( sad ))
I feel like the event was probably way oversold too! I felt so bad for the roaming characters and their CMs! They kept getting mobbed and really it was like chaos around them! All of the characters could have had lines, that may have helped a little too? I dunno. I didn't send Disney any feedback, I think they probably got tons of it already, everyone seemed pretty angry about the whole night. They were even giving refunds and free tickets to MNSSHP. I already had tickets to that though and the line for the refunds was longer than the characters lines were!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
npierce25
Mouseketeer
 
npierce25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 374

I have read that a lot of people are receiving refunds from unleashed....
__________________
npierce25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: