Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 05:09 AM   #1
shyjade
DIS Veteran

How are MB's shipped?

Are MB's still shipped UPS or are they now mailed through the USPS?

I need to know if I should provide my mailing or street address. Last year I provided my mailing address (a PO box) and it was a huge mess. Trying to avoid that for our next trip.

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #2
ah10is
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Are MB's still shipped UPS or are they now mailed through the USPS?

I need to know if I should provide my mailing or street address. Last year I provided my mailing address (a PO box) and it was a huge mess. Trying to avoid that for our next trip.
My understanding is that it comes USPS now. Like you it has been a huge mess for me in trying to get my magic bands as my mailing address like you is also a PO box. I provided my street address and of course USPS does not recognize the street address...only PO box. UPS does not recognize the PO box only street address. And Fedex....well they don't recognize anything! My original order is stuck in the system and after several online chats and several calls, I finally got a cm that could help. He made a new expedited order for the magic bands which should arrive early next week. My fingers are crossed that it does! It shouldn't be so stressful to get these bands!!!! Wish I had everyone else's issue of receiving too many of them!

1985 Contemporary Resort
2007 Caribbean Resort
2012 Caribbean Resort
2013 Port Orleans Riverside Resort
2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge
ah10is is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
erij11
Earning My Ears

Mine were sent USPS Priority Mail. I just received them on Wednesday.

erij11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erij11 View Post
Mine were sent USPS Priority Mail. I just received them on Wednesday.
Thanks!

Old 06-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Post Office - regular mail - stuffed in our mailbox

Actually - there was plenty of room in the mailbox. Those things hold a LOT more than we realize!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah10is View Post
My understanding is that it comes USPS now. Like you it has been a huge mess for me in trying to get my magic bands as my mailing address like you is also a PO box. I provided my street address and of course USPS does not recognize the street address...only PO box. UPS does not recognize the PO box only street address. And Fedex....well they don't recognize anything! My original order is stuck in the system and after several online chats and several calls, I finally got a cm that could help. He made a new expedited order for the magic bands which should arrive early next week. My fingers are crossed that it does! It shouldn't be so stressful to get these bands!!!! Wish I had everyone else's issue of receiving too many of them!
I had a similar situation last year with UPS. I entered my street address and the (very small) town I live in. For USPS carrier delivery, the name of the town is actually something different than the town we live in, or where my PO is. UPS wouldn't recognize it and it took several weeks and calls to Disney, who was unable to help and tell me what the problem was. Finally I asked them to re-ship the bands to my street address but use the USPS mailing town and sure enough, the bands shipped and arrived a few days later. The worst part is Disney had no idea there was an issue and every time I called, I was told "I have no idea why they never shipped." Thank goodness I finally got a CM who was willing to help me figure out the problem.

I will got back in and change my shipping address to my PO box. Thanks!

Old 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
ah10is
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
I had a similar situation last year with UPS. I entered my street address and the (very small) town I live in. For USPS carrier delivery, the name of the town is actually something different than the town we live in, or where my PO is. UPS wouldn't recognize it and it took several weeks and calls to Disney, who was unable to help and tell me what the problem was. Finally I asked them to re-ship the bands to my street address but use the USPS mailing town and sure enough, the bands shipped and arrived a few days later. The worst part is Disney had no idea there was an issue and every time I called, I was told "I have no idea why they never shipped." Thank goodness I finally got a CM who was willing to help me figure out the problem.

I will got back in and change my shipping address to my PO box. Thanks!
I hope yours arrive with no issues this time around! Like you I live in a very small town....actually its a community within a town, but the community has it's own zip code and everything goes to the post office! It is such a pain! I'm 18 days away from my trip and my fingers are crossed that my bands will arrive next week like the CM that I worked with to create the new order told me.

1985 Contemporary Resort
2007 Caribbean Resort
2012 Caribbean Resort
2013 Port Orleans Riverside Resort
2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge
ah10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #8
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah10is View Post
I hope yours arrive with no issues this time around! Like you I live in a very small town....actually its a community within a town, but the community has it's own zip code and everything goes to the post office! It is such a pain! I'm 18 days away from my trip and my fingers are crossed that my bands will arrive next week like the CM that I worked with to create the new order told me.
Good luck to you, too! I'm grateful we still have our bands from last year if need be, although we are looking forward to new colors this year.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #9
JCornell
Mouseketeer

Just received ours from US Post Office yesterday. We received a notice from Disney when they shipped along with a tracking number. They arrived ahead of original schedule (but we were watching the tracking info and knew this would be the case). They arrived in a plain brown box (with the white Incredibles box inside.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: