Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Fantasy Eastern Feb 8-15 2014-Cupids in the Caribbean-TRIP REPORT COMPLETED 7/17!

Welcome to our adventures on the Disney Fantasy! This trip was a long time in the making and I had so much fun with the planning that lead to an awesome vacation. I am hoping by doing this report I can hold on to the magic just a little bit longer!

I have included an index with links to all updates in the second post.

Our journey includes DD10

DD7

DH and me

Our planning for this adventure began in 2012. We had decided that for our next family vacation we wanted to take a cruise. We looked at several options, but we just kept coming back to Disney. We decided to book on opening day for first time Disney cruisers which was December 6, 2012, for the February 8, 2014, Eastern Caribbean sailing. The only problem was we now needed to wait 430 days until our cruise!

We ended up booking a category 4C stateroom, which means we had a deluxe family oceanview stateroom with verandah on deck 7 midship. Our particular stateroom would sleep 5 because it had the additional Murphy bed. We had stateroom 7596, which we felt was a great location. We tried to use the stairs as much as possible while cruising to justify all the food that we were eating and we felt like deck 7 allowed us to never be too far from any one location.

Another thing that we did was to join our groups Facebook page and FE exchange. I would highly recommend doing this. There were many people in the Facebook group that were previous cruisers and they were a wealth of information. I wasn’t sure about joining the FE exchange since this was our first cruise, but the kids ended up having such a great time both passing out gifts and checking their pouches for treats each time they came back to the room. DH was skeptical of the whole thing, but while it was going on he commented that it was really fun to see the girls’ reactions to all of the awesome gifts we received.

I can by no means sew, so I found a blog that explained how to make a no-sew FE. This was right up my alley and I was satisfied how it turned out, especially since it cost under $10 for the supplies.

For our FE the girls and I made magnets out of Perler beads of different Disney characters. Our intent was for people to be able to put them on their doors for decoration during the week and bring them home for refrigerator decorations after the cruise. Unfortunately I learned my lesson the hard way that we couldn't rely on the adhesive that was on the magnets to stick to the beads. They all stuck fine at home, but several were falling off after the travels and the humidity. If anyone tries to make these be sure to use some other type of adhesive to make sure the magnet is secure. I felt awful that they didn't work out as I had hoped, especially after we received such amazing gifts from our fellow travelers. Our intentions were good!

Up next: The day has finally come!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 07-17-2014 at 10:57 PM.
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents:

February 7-Travel Day:
Travel Day and the LaQuinta Oceanfront

February 8-Boarding Day:
Sunrise at Cocoa Beach
There she is!
Lunch and Exploring
Oceaneer Club and Lab
Boarding Day Continues!
Sail Away Party
Wrapping up our boarding day

February 9-Sea Day:
Our First Sea Day
Mixology!
Formal Night

February 10-Sea Day:
Well, it hurt!
More Sea Day Fun
Ducky Williams
Animator's Palate

February 11-St. Maarten and Pirate Night
Bernard's Tours Iguana Farm
Bernard's Tours Oyster Pond
Bernard's Tours Orient Beach
Bernard's Tours Marigot
Bernard's Tours Maho Beach
Pirate Night

February 12-St. Thomas
Doubloon Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel-Part 1
Look, it's a TURTLE!
Mama meets her favorite!

February 13-Sea Day
Can you believe it is already Thursday?
Mom and Dad's Photo Shoot
A Princess in the making
Galley Tour
Sea day fun continues!

February 14-Castaway Cay
My three hour tour!
My three hour tour! Part 2
My three hour tour! Part 3
You are my sunshine
My three hour tour! Part 4
Cabanas
Our arrival to paradise
Castaway Cay 5K
Parasailing Part 1
Parasailing Part 2-From the sky
Parasailing Part 3-From the sea
Parasailing Part 4-My turn!
I'm the Queen of the World!
Time for some relaxing
Time for some relaxing Part 2
An Unforgettable Journey

February 15-Debarkation
Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Trip Report Wrap Up
Top Moments According To DD7
Top Moments According To DD10
Top Moments According To DH
Top Moments According To Me Part 1
Top Moments According To Me Part 2
Thank You!!!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 07-17-2014 at 11:04 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

The day has finally come!

The day finally arrived and it was time make our way to Florida! We decided that we would fly in the day before since the weather can be sketchy in February. That has most definitely been the case this year! I have to admit that I lost a lot of sleep the week leading up to the cruise because I was afraid that we wouldn’t be able to get to Florida. Thankfully I had nothing to worry about and our flights went off without a hitch. We arrived in Orlando at about 3:30 on Friday and thankfully our checked baggage made it along with us! I had to laugh at myself because I put all of our FE stuff in my carry-on and all of my clothing was in the checked bag. If the bag hadn’t made it I would have been without clothes, but at least I had my FE stuff!

We decided that we would stay in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise so we would have one less thing to worry about in the morning. We got a one-way rental from Avis where DH is able to get a personal rental at his corporate rate, so the rental was only $35 for the night. I really thought that it would be fun to ride the Disney transportation in the morning, but we just couldn’t justify the cost. We arrived in Cocoa Beach at about 5:20 and checked into our hotel, the LaQuinta Oceanfront. I got the room through Hotwire and it was a fun location for the night. The hotel is located right on the beach and is next to the pier.

All of the rooms at LaQuinta Oceanfront had views of the ocean.

After settling into our room we decided to have some supper at Fishlips. I would definitely recommend the lobster bisque. The lobster ravioli was also quite tasty. We had a nice time and it was such a comfort to know that we were in Florida and didn't have to worry about weather for a whole week!

After dinner we decided to stop at Publix and grab a few essentials that we didn’t have-such as wine! It is so nice that you are able to carry-on beverages for the cruise. It saved us quite a bit of money over the course of the week and it was nice to have a glass of wine in our room before dinner.

We decided that we needed to make a walk through Ron Jon Surf Shop before calling it a night.

Up next: Sunrise in Cocoa Beach

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 04-28-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

Great start!!! looking forward to more.
Susan121302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan121302 View Post
Great start!!! looking forward to more.
Welcome!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR and pics so far! The magnets are really cute, where did you get them?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Lovely evening
It really was. I wasn't sure about going to the shows during the day,but it was so nice to enjoy the pool areas and other activities when there were not as many people around.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

I'm enjoying your report and photos! My husband and I are sailing on the Fantasy for the first time in the fall!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
RatherDrive
Earning My Ears

Thanks again! Animator's Palate is the one that we are really looking forward to. Nice to know about the ordering of appetizers, my youngest could live off of them.

RatherDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #11
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWQuestie View Post
I'm enjoying your report and photos! My husband and I are sailing on the Fantasy for the first time in the fall!
Thank you! That is so exciting that you are going on the Fantasy for the first time. I am sure that you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherDrive View Post
Thanks again! Animator's Palate is the one that we are really looking forward to. Nice to know about the ordering of appetizers, my youngest could live off of them.
It was so nice to be able to just pick and choose whatever you wanted to eat. One night I even chose an appetizer from the kid's menu!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #12
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

We have booked the Bernard's Tour for June so love this update!
Good to get a visual of the meeting spot
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
We have booked the Bernard's Tour for June so love this update!
Good to get a visual of the meeting spot
We enjoyed our time on St. Maarten. We ended up having a pretty active day on our tour. A lot more to come!

You will have no trouble at all finding the area where the tours meet. It is a very short walk from the ship.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #14
Izzy Pooh
Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying your trip report, wonderful pictures! We have Bernard's Tour booked for next month so I can't wait to read more about it.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Pooh View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report, wonderful pictures! We have Bernard's Tour booked for next month so I can't wait to read more about it.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy your Bernard's Tour. It was a great way to spend the day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: