Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP starting August 29th?

Josh over at easywdw had previously posted that MK was going to close at 7pm on aug 29th. He posted today saying that it would likely be the start of MNSSHP as well as a party on sept 1st to "capitalize on the Labor Day weekend". Does this seem pretty likely? I don't know that we'd ever be able to go when the party other wise is, so while it would be terribly early, I'd welcome the opportunity!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Josh over at easywdw had previously posted that MK was going to close at 7pm on aug 29th. He posted today saying that it would likely be the start of MNSSHP as well as a party on sept 1st to "capitalize on the Labor Day weekend". Does this seem pretty likely? I don't know that we'd ever be able to go when the party other wise is, so while it would be terribly early, I'd welcome the opportunity!
That seems to be the most likely reason for the 7pm closures. It is highly unlikely that they would close for a different type of private party on such a busy weekend.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Doubt it. MNSSHP typically doesn't begin until around Sept 10. It's most-likely for something else.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #5
rastika
Mouseketeer

Could it be for Night of Joy? or have those dates already been published?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastika View Post
Could it be for Night of Joy? or have those dates already been published?
Night of Joy is on Sept. 5 and 6.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #7
katt789
DIS Veteran

MK is due to close early anytime they have to run overnight rehearsals for parades/shows. They have to close early to get everyone out, get everything cleaned, and then the performers can start to rehearse through the night. The timing seems right that they'd be doing them for the halloween festivities around that week maybe?

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #8
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
MK is due to close early anytime they have to run overnight rehearsals for parades/shows. They have to close early to get everyone out, get everything cleaned, and then the performers can start to rehearse through the night. The timing seems right that they'd be doing them for the halloween festivities around that week maybe?
Wow really? I have never heard of that happening and that seems like a terrible reason to close the park! I really hope that's not it!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Wow really? I have never heard of that happening and that seems like a terrible reason to close the park! I really hope that's not it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I've never heard of it either, and there is zero chance they would do that on a holiday weekend, especially twice.

Its a definite thing that happens. Friends were doing overnight rehearsals for JTA last week in preparations for bigger crowds over spring break. & SWW.

They close the park early, say 7, so everyone is hopefully cleared out of the park by say 9, and then they'd still have to clean the streets/stages, & then run through Boo To You, the pre-parade "Creepa Crew" & the Villains Mix & Mingle. Each of these would have at least 2 casts, and maybe even some more fill ins for more specific roles (?)

I dont know if they would do all these on one overnight or not,. It would probably take 2 considering the amount of performers. Not to mention running everything multiple times.

They try to close the parks earlier to benefit the performers so they can get the rehearsals done as quicky as possible as most of them are working the previous or next day, sometimes these rehearsals legit go from sundown to sunrise.

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #10
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

I just checked park hours and now September 1st is also showing up as MK closing at 7 pm. It sure looks like MNSSHP is starting a week early this year.

jlsmith376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #11
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

I hope it's MNSSHP...

I changed our proposed schedule have us at MK that day. We used to go in Sept and did MNSSHP for a few years in a row-loved it! Started going in Aug so DD11 won't miss school, but we do miss the party! Also would be great to not have to buy regular tickets for that day, just rest and go later with the party tickets....
Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #12
SeanWM48
Earning My Ears

i've been around halloween time the last 2 years and that whole party is a huge draw. that said i'd feel a little strange celebrating halloween in august but to each their own. i'm sure it will spike attendance
SeanWM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #13
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

I just assumed it was shutting early to make a start on the Halloween decorations. I've checked back in my photos and in 2012 the first decorations went up overnight on 28 August.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #14
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I just assumed it was shutting early to make a start on the Halloween decorations. I've checked back in my photos and in 2012 the first decorations went up overnight on 28 August.
They never shut the park down early for decorating. It just occurs through the night after normal closing.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #15
Penmart9
Earning My Ears

Labor Day MNSSHP

I noticed that Disney has changed the August 29th closing time to 11:00 pm. They have also extended some of the hours for that weekend. Labor Day is still closing at 7:00. We are hoping to attend a mnsshp, but it doesn't look like it will be on the 29th. Fingers crossed for Labor Day!
Penmart9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: