Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28

Mickeys Jungle Parade leaving in June

I just saw this on another forum. Even more entertainment cuts.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer
 
ValiantHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Living in Walt Disney World for my CP!
Posts: 76

I'm so upset about this.

I did my CP at DAK, in Discovery Island, so I watched this parade every day and I'm sad to see it go.

But my real question is... As much as I love DAK and could spend all day there (and did on many, many occasions) I also know most people leave after the parade. With no parade.. Most people are going to leave earlier. :/ What are you doing, Disney?!
__________________
Fall 2013 (August 5th, 2013-January 3rd, 2014)

WDW DCP Alumnus - Merchandise - DAK Discovery Island

The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions of the Walt Disney company or any affiliates.
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantHeart View Post
I'm so upset about this.

I did my CP at DAK, in Discovery Island, so I watched this parade every day and I'm sad to see it go.

But my real question is... As much as I love DAK and could spend all day there (and did on many, many occasions) I also know most people leave after the parade. With no parade.. Most people are going to leave earlier. :/ What are you doing, Disney?!
They told the cast that with construction walls going up in Discovery Island for the new nighttime entertainment, the parade vehicles won't be able to get through. Entertainment additions are being thought up.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
monique5
DVC - BLT
 
monique5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 522

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetestThing View Post
I just saw this on another forum. Even more entertainment cuts.
Where did you see this? You should report sources. The Christmas version, Jingle Jungle parade ended January 5th. I haven't seen any reference to the daily Jammin Jungle parade ending.
__________________
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5 View Post
Where did you see this? You should report sources. The Christmas version, Jingle Jungle parade ended January 5th. I haven't seen any reference to the daily Jammin Jungle parade ending.
Wdwmagic is the forum I saw it. The cast was brought into a meeting yesterday to let them know.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #6
twebber55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5 View Post
Where did you see this? You should report sources. The Christmas version, Jingle Jungle parade ended January 5th. I haven't seen any reference to the daily Jammin Jungle parade ending.
it was first reported on wdwmagic from a guy who is pretty much money on these things...he was the first guy to say what day FOTLK was going to close
__________________
June 2008 OKW
July 2008 SSR
June 2009 HHI
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
monique5
DVC - BLT
 
monique5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 522

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
it was first reported on wdwmagic from a guy who is pretty much money on these things...he was the first guy to say what day FOTLK was going to close
Thank you! I usually know these things from different sources. Guess I missed this one.

That would now mean no parades @ AK or HS.
__________________
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #8
anthony2k7
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5 View Post
Thank you! I usually know these things from different sources. Guess I missed this one.

That would now mean no parades @ AK or HS.
or of course Epcott

As I said last time this subject came up, Parades are a thing of the past for all Disney parks around the world. Im actually surprised MK is getting a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if the new one had significantly less CM's involved.
anthony2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #9
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,951

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2k7 View Post
or of course Epcott As I said last time this subject came up, Parades are a thing of the past for all Disney parks around the world. Im actually surprised MK is getting a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if the new one had significantly less CM's involved.
I don't know I'd I could imagine MK without one. I think MK will always have one whether the other parks do thats different.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #10
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 19,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5 View Post
. . . I haven't seen any reference to the daily Jammin Jungle parade ending . . .

1) I am sure you will hear the "public" announcement soon.
2) We heard about this a few weeks ago during a "team" meeting.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
monique5
DVC - BLT
 
monique5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 522

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) I am sure you will hear the "public" announcement soon. 2) We heard about this a few weeks ago during a "team" meeting.
See most recent post. TouringPlanBlog... Parade will end in June.
__________________
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 19,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique5 View Post
See most recent post. TouringPlanBlog... Parade will end in June.

1) Thanks for the link.
2) We were told to not spread it around.
3) So, I am glad it is finally out.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #13
ChrisFL
Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
 
ChrisFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tampa, FL, US
Posts: 7,516

I didn't mind the parade itself, but the parade route was really bad...if you were in the Kilimanjaro safari area, it was practically impossible to leave while the parade is going on.
__________________



Disney Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS
ChrisFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #14
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,951

This was a rumor a while back when they took away the parade at DHS. I hope it isn't true but it might be. It has been a rumor for quite a while so I'm not sure if it is true would need more information on a source and what not. I also think maybe the new expansion might have something to do with this. Maybe a new parade will be in the works, whether it's right away or not. It will be interesting to see what happens here but I would like more information than just oh more entertainment cuts.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #15
monique5
DVC - BLT
 
monique5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 522

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

The Jammin' Jungle Parade @ AK will end in June. Sad to see it go...
__________________
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.