Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Four Bears
Mouseketeer

Disney merchandise prices DCL vs. on land

Can anyone tell me if the pricing of Disney merchandise (stuffed animals, T-shirts, kids jewelry) is the same on the ships as they are at Downtown Disney. I give my kids a specific amount of spending money and use it as a "teaching moment" for money management, budgeting, delaying self-gratification, etc.

We plan to cruise first and then will go to Downtown Disney before heading back the following day. I am not so concerned about DCL exclusive merchandise rather a stuffed Minnie Mouse or Princess Figurines.

I am assuming that the ship merchandise is more expensive for the same exact thing on land.

Disney Magic 2010 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic 2012 Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy 2013 Western Caribbean
Counting down to Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Four Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Ship merchandise seems to be the same price as on land.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
bringmethathorizon
Mouseketeer

we were on the dream

before thanksgiving and dw found a pink wind breaker she wanted.
of course she didnt git it.
after the cruise we met our 2 kids at wdw for a couple of days and she found the same jacket at dtd.
it was 30.00 more at dtd.
on the ship it had disney cruise line on it and at dtd it disney parks on it but it was the same jacket.
she was not happy.
bringmethathorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Pins are the same prices. There is also no sales tax on the ships
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Bears View Post
Can anyone tell me if the pricing of Disney merchandise (stuffed animals, T-shirts, kids jewelry) is the same on the ships as they are at Downtown Disney. I give my kids a specific amount of spending money and use it as a "teaching moment" for money management, budgeting, delaying self-gratification, etc.

We plan to cruise first and then will go to Downtown Disney before heading back the following day. I am not so concerned about DCL exclusive merchandise rather a stuffed Minnie Mouse or Princess Figurines.

I am assuming that the ship merchandise is more expensive for the same exact thing on land.
Hit the Disney Character Outlet at the Outlet mall and save yourself half the price we've managed to get some amazing deals there. Last trip was brought back Disney Throw Blankets. Tag $64 price $9.99. V-nec white t-shirts for $2.99.
It may be last season stuff but we don't care. There lots of great deals there.

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: