Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
peglet
Earning My Ears

Cozumel With 2yo

Hi Everyone! We will be sailing on the March 2 5-night Wonder cruise Itinerary A. We are trying to decide what to do while in Cozumel Mexico. It will be me, DH, and DD who will just have turned 2. I would really like to see the ruins and am thinking of the Highlights, Ruins and Discover Mexico Park excursion. Does anyone know:
How a 2yo would be secured on the bus? Do they provide a car seat?
If we would be allowed to bring an umbrella stroller? We do have an Ergo we could bring.

Also, any opinions on or experience doing this with a toddler? I'm also open to other suggestions. We are also looking at the Ruins and Beach excursion but figured we would have a lot of beach time at Castaway Cay.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
steffny
Earning My Ears

Cozumel

We went on Beach Excursion with my 2 and 4 year old and they loved it and so did we. It was beautiful, swimming pools, water park, trampolines in the middle of the water, massages on the deck an unlimited food and drink. It was the perfect choice for us as we knew our small children wouldn't have made it long on the ruins although I am sure that was wonderful as well.
steffny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
Kittylover513
Mouseketeer

We have been to Mexico twice with small children and there were never carseats provided in any transportation. Looking at that excursion, it sounds like a lot for a 2 year old, but it depends on your child.a stroller old not be very easy to navigate on bumpy terrain like you'd find at ruins. I'd go for something more relaxing
Kittylover513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
peglet
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your input, I appreciate you taking the time to reply!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
vabmama
Earning My Ears

We did a glass bottom boat for our two year old. There were no car seats. I buckled him in. I don't know how big your two year old is but look into Bubble Bum. It's a booster, but better than nothing and better than lugging a 5 point harness seat around. I was definitely nervous about the no carseat thing. Kept praying.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

We did that excursion a number of years ago before we had our son. I def wouldn't bring the stroller, but rather the Ergo for when he gets tired. Seems a lot of the busses they use have seat belts now, so there's that, but I've never seen a car seat.

We just got off the Wonder a couple of weeks ago and this time we did a bus trip with a few stops and snorkeling. Our son will be 2 on Feb 1 and he did great. We had the Ergo for when he fell asleep and the rest of the time he walked or we carried him. I brought his life jacket with us and my husband and I took turns holding him while the other snorkeled (all together, still out in the water).

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
JohnsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #7
cisobe
Mouseketeer

We did the Ruins Tour, Island Tour and Beach Club with our 22 month old son. My wife Ergo'd him on the bus, as no child safety seat is provided and I don't think they'd allow you to bring one as they said they don't reserve seats for young kids.

The Ruins tour isn't too bad to walk with your child in the ergo, but it would be a bit rough with a stroller (not really paved the whole way). A few people brought their strollers. I think the only place it would be useful is at the port walking from the ship to the bus for the tour.

I guess it also depends on how much your child weighs... :P
cisobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: