Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
randster
Earning My Ears

Palo on Fantasy - which rotation night would you skip?

We're cruising on a 7-night Western Caribbean cruise and have the option of doing Palo (via the Concierge). Which particular meal would you skip? We don't want to miss the Pirates Night. Any other night you'd suggest?
randster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I'd skip the first night in Animator's Palate the crush show just doesn't really seem like something I'd bother with.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
randster
Earning My Ears

We have two children, ages 6 and 3 (sorry I didn't state in initial post) so I think Animator's Palate might be their favorite. What about Enchanted Garden?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
Jessica Sloan
Mouseketeer

The only dinner we made it to due to illness was Animators Palate...I would not miss it with 2 young kids.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Does the meal option include brunch? That way you wouldn't miss any nights in the MDR.

Another option would be to book Palo for the opposite seating time from yours (if you have main dinner seating, book Palo for later; or, if you have late dinner seating, book Palo early). That way you can accompany your kids to the MDR during your regular dinnertime,(but tell your servers that you are dining at Palo that night, so they won't push food on you!), and still eat at Palo.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
Yokelridesagain
Mouseketeer

The worst food is the second night in Animator's (or the third, if you have the rotation beginning and ending there)...due to some concern about the show, you have basically no choice on the first two courses (and the two things they choose for you are aggressively bad).

But the drawing show is pretty neat for kids--albeit short--so you might want to be there for that.

The Prince and Princess menu (fifth night) is also quite poor, so that would be my second choice.
Yokelridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I always skip Pirate night. I don't care for the menu and I can do without the pirates.

Jill in CO
Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
randster
Earning My Ears

Excellent feedback everyone, thank you! I think we may skip the 2nd night at Animator's Palate or Prince/Princess night. Our kids are going to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique before Pirate Night, so we can't miss that.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I always skip Pirate night. I don't care for the menu and I can do without the pirates.
We do the same.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
BuzzLightyearInTampa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Jill in CO
That's what we did as well, Palo on Pirate Night. I also do not dress as a pirate, so wearing a jacket and tie for Palo was a nice change that night. The deck party is always super crowded, and we had a starboard aft balcony, so we watched the fireworks from there and the view was excellent.
Places we've stayed at WDW: All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans - Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian.
Previous cruises:
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2001
7-night Western Caribbean, Disney Magic, Oct-Nov, 2009
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic, Dec, 2011
7-night Eastern Caribbean, Disney Fantasy, Nov-Dec, 2013
7-night Alaska, Disney Wonder, June, 2014

Walt Disney World Marathons completed - 2003, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
BuzzLightyearInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
Kittylover513
Mouseketeer

I have a question related o this. I made a Palo reservation for dinner on pirate night. It looks like from the link posted above that Pirate night never coincides with the animation night in AP. is this correct? In other words if you had AP during Pirate night, that would night be the night with the animation, is this correct?

Thanks!
Kittylover513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittylover513 View Post
I have a question related o this. I made a Palo reservation for dinner on pirate night. It looks like from the link posted above that Pirate night never coincides with the animation night in AP. is this correct? In other words if you had AP during Pirate night, that would night be the night with the animation, is this correct?

Thanks!
Yes, that is correct.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Not sure if this would work for you or not based on the ages of your children, but we booked our Remy dinner for 8 pm, that way we can still sit with our daughter while she eats a reasonable meal in the MDR (we have 1st seating) and we don't have to worry about missing the out on AP, if our rotation has us there that night. We'll take our daughter to the kids club afterwards, and then head off for a nice dinner ourselves.

We love the shows, so booked our reservation for the night they have the magician/comedian/juggler/whatever, so we don't feel like we're really missing anything.
Maddysdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
RemysMom
Mouseketeer

I agree with the posts about the second night at AP. It was our last night on the Fantasy last week and was our absolute most fun-filled dinner. I also enjoyed the chosen apps and dessert. I could have done without the soup though. Good but a little heavy for me. Anyway, I would not miss this one at all.
RemysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

I can't understand why one must replace the other...

Our last cruise, we booked Palo the earliest possible time (we had late MDR dining)...we went to Palo and then to the MDR to say hi to our servers and "taste" the menu....

Yes, we were full, but we didn't want to miss out on any of the menus, plus I scheduled it for an EG night, which I thought would be my favorite dining room...it turned out my fave was AP on the Fanstasy anyway!

I plan on doing this again our next cruise in Nov. 2014..
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: