Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

UPDATE p. 37. I finally canceled. Too much uncertainty for us.

On the positive side, some really good ADRs opened up for someone.

We have had a rough year. A lot of the stress has come from uncertainty and waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding things non-Disney. We needed a low stress vacation and WDW (while an active and busy vacation) usually fits that bill.

We were headed there the week before Thanksgiving and planned to spend part of the trip with friends who would not have FP+. When I booked and when I got ready to pay off the trip, I asked about whether we'd be able to use FP+ and FP- and was assured that double dipping would be in place until 2014. But I knew CMs were saying all sorts of things so I realized that was not gospel.

The closer the trip got, the more things changed. I cannot take the stress of lines in the sand changing on an almost daily basis. For my money, I want to be reasonably sure about what I am going to get. We are a repeat headliner family. We arrive early, pull at least 6-8 FP a day and stay late. The changes (tiered FP at Epcot) and as of today, what appears to be an end to double dipping, mean we would be limited to 3 FP a day and that is a big step down for us.

I am afraid there will be people all over those parks having meltdowns when they realize that what was allowed one day is not allowed the next. A friend who lives in Orlando said they had not renewed their APs due to all the changes and that the majority of people she knew were doing the same.

I realize FP+ will be a great thing for SOME people, based on their touring style. For us, it was sizing up to be an expensive hot mess. I told them when we canceled that we were waiting until the dust settled to see if we'd be back again. Until then, we may hit Universal again or even Disneyland.

Oh well..............

Last edited by EMom; 11-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
sharonped
Mouseketeer

Good for you. I just about cried when I read FP- most likely won't be available for early Jan trip. I know - vote with my dollars....
sharonped is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride

Why do you think FP- won't be available? Just bc of the FAQ? Or is there more info that Disney actually plans to change the settings on the machines? I remain unconvinced based just on the FAQ.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
sharonped
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouncingpluto View Post
Why do you think FP- won't be available? Just bc of the FAQ? Or is there more info that Disney actually plans to change the settings on the machines? I remain unconvinced based just on the FAQ.
Nope, nothing official. We got caught in the Epcot Tier debacle, so I expect the same for FP-. If it's not true, so much the better!
sharonped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
I know you did what is best for your family. I also cancelled our Dec. trip. We hope to go in August instead, hopefully when everything will be the policy and no day to day surprises, such as with Epcot's FPs. We will also go to Universal on that trip. My DGD has never been there, so I think it will be a lot of fun.
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I'm sorry Emom. You have to do what's best for your family. I have not heard that about not being able to double dip, as people are calling it. This may be hard for us too then. I'm hoping that Disney will see that 3 fast passes are just NOT enough!!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
snixxy
Earning My Ears

We are going the week prior to Thanksgiving as well - I too thought about cancelling because of all the changes BUT I am crossing my fingers that is historically a low crowd week and even if we can't pull legacy FP it will be ok

My oldest DD turns 7 during our trip and my husband 41 so determined to make it magical
snixxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

I don't blame you. We are here now and this has been a very stressful trip thanks to MB and FP+
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear but hopefully you feel a bit better. It is an annoying time to be going regarding all of this.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I'm stubbornly sticking with our plan to go this December even though we'll be staying offsite and that could mean literally anything. I don't blame you for cancelling though because I would likely do the same if I could count on ever getting time off in December again. It's incredibly hard at my workplace.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear it is not going to work out for you. We went, we loved it, no problems at all.

We rode more than we have in years and at times we wanted.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
DisneyNDecember
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Sorry to hear it is not going to work out for you. We went, we loved it, no problems at all.

So glad to hear this !!! I am VERY excited about the MB's. I love the MDE, I already have fast passes for all the headliners, no rushing to run & get them, LOVE LOVE LOVE that !!!!!!

Can't wait, ONE WEEK away & I will report on our findings when we return. We have not been back sine 12/2010, so I am so excited !!!

I could NEVER get a fast pass for Toy Story Mania & now I don't have to make a mad dash to get one !!! Woo Hoo !!
Old 11-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
joybeth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

Agree! We had a fantastic experience with FP+ and MB. Can't wait to use them again in December.

jb
12/10 CBR with Sister and Daughter for free dining!
3/11/11 Sisters trip to the Poly!
9/22/11 Joy and Kathy's Trip to POR!
1/27/12 Family trip to the BC take Emily to DCP!!
2/13/12 Hilton Grande Vacation Parc Soliel First offsite! 5/26/12 Solo trip to Pop to see Emily!
8/05/12 Split stay Beach Club and POR Royal Room to bring Emily home from DCP!!!
12/12 Just back from the Pop! 5/13 Hilton GV Parc Soliel sisters trip, 10/13 25th Anniversary Trip to CBR. 12/13 Christmas trip with Emily to CSR, 2/14 offsite HGV, 5/14 AKL for Kathy's 50th! 7/14 CBR Quick trip for Anniversary Party, 10/14 Yacht Club to see Emily at DCP2! 12/14 POFQ

I've eaten at 122 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (50%)
I've eaten at 46 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 37 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (51%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

joybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #14
Danibelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I'm stubbornly sticking with our plan to go this December even though we'll be staying offsite and that could mean literally anything. I don't blame you for cancelling though because I would likely do the same if I could count on ever getting time off in December again. It's incredibly hard at my workplace.
I also wonder what will be in place in Dec. I am going to the World soon and will be staying offsite. I am not cancelling but am a little concerned over fastpasses. It will be good to know something definite when all of the testing gets sorted out.

Danibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #15
DoughR
Mouseketeer

I always figured that people who preferred FP- to FP+ would be more inclined to visit Disneyland in the near future. You should definitely consider it!
DoughR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: