Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
Postal68
DIS Veteran

What gets me most is the hypocrites on this board

Many people including myself are not happy with this FP + mess. I have been going to WDW almost annually for 30 years or so. Most of those trips have been in the "slower" seasons and I have never once did a rope drop or have I planned what my schedule was for the day. We have always been able to do basically everything we wanted to do, we worked around the crowd and used our FP when they came into effect.

This FP + system is a joke. I don't want to plan on when I'm going to eat and when I'm going to ride this ride or that 3/4/5/6 months out. That's utterly ridiculous. Now you can't even go to the Park and get a FP because they are all gone early in the day because most are taken up by these people getting them in advance. And forget about getting in a stand by line now for the big attractions. And a good part of this is not only because of the crap FP + system but from the people on this board that are scamming the system and double and triple dipping with all these FP's. People complain about the crowds on this board but then they're quick to point out how they got triple the FPs they should have because they used their Magic Band, Their KTTK card and their old room key. Ridiculous.

I agree with Disney charging people who don't show up for Dining Reservations, in fact they should charge them the price of the minimum meal X number of guests the reservation is for. If they catch you in the system with more FPs than the permitted amount, you should have your FP privileges revoked for your entire length of admission.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Amen.
Before you get blasted by the Disney Apologist Union that is greatly represented here on these forums, let me say that I completely agree with you.
How many posts will it take before someone says, "Well, just don't go"?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Amen.
Before you get blasted by the Disney Apologist Union that is greatly represented here on these forums, let me say that I completely agree with you.
But that is your only recourse, isn't it? The system is what it is. If you don't like it and aren't willing to adapt to it then your only option is not to go. I suppose you could still go and be miserable the entire time, but why bother?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
OP.... I think you SHOULD go! Before you blast a system that you haven't experienced, see how the "crap fastpass+ system" really works. Check out how many people are actually double and triple dipping. You might be surprised at what you find out. Maybe you'll discover that it's not so bad, or you actually like the system.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
OP.... I think you SHOULD go! Before you blast a system that you haven't experienced, see how the "crap fastpass+ system" really works. Check out how many people are actually double and triple dipping. You might be surprised at what you find out. Maybe you'll discover that it's not so bad, or you actually like the system.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree. I went in August and was invited to be part of the test. There were very little people using the MB at that time, it does seem things have changed. We were invited and didn't try to scam the system we only used KTTW once to get a sooner FP because my son became ill. I am not a scammer of the system and in fact we were screwed out of alot of things because of a plane delay and a maid at the hotel I digress. As far as the reservations, I have always only booked on reservation at a time. My son got sick and I had to cancel our Rose and Crown reservation. I cancelled it same day because of his illness and now if we go back I will be penalized for doing that. For the people who do follow the rules I do find it unfair.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
wordwitt
Mouseketeer

We used MB/FP+ in September. Granted, the number of people using it wasn't the same as it is now, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We did not end up pulling extra regular fastpasses, although I would have thought before we left that we might have done so. Although it certainly seems as if the full-scale testing is taxing the system right now, I can honestly say I am looking forward to using FP+ again.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was there last week
Old 10-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
andyman8
DIS Veteran

With FP+, things have clearly gotten out of hand. When this system first began development, it was just going to be a benefit available to just Disney Resort Hotel guests operating alongside standard FP with only 10% of FPs at each attraction being set aside as FP+s.

Then the folks in Finances and Ops got their hands on it and now we're dealing with a situation where FPs are consistently being used up by 10am at extremely popular attractions and wait times are skyrocketing. To those who hold this fallacious belief that this is all a fluke, it's not; last Wednesday, Disney implemented the new FP to FP+ distribution ratio where FP+s were taking somewhere near 70 to 80% of FPs for that day. It's only downhill from here too. As more people use FP+ (umm...aka all those offsiters who initially complained about the initial idea for the system not being fair), fewer and fewer FPs will be distributed day of and availability for FP+s for popular headliners will become more like getting an ADR for a popular restaurant.

I was fine with the new system until my last trip when I saw all of this in action and had one of those moments when I looked at my phone and saw a schedule for my vacation and no FPs available. It's going to be an interesting couple weeks!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
I was there last week
I was there last week as well. I didn't find that FP ran out any earlier then usual. One day we hopped over to HS at about 5 and saw there was still FP available for most of the headliners.

I did find it pretty busy last week, but you can't blame the crowds on FP+.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was there last week as well. I didn't find that FP ran out any earlier then usual. One day we hopped over to HS at about 5 and saw there was still FP available for most of the headliners.
There were adjustments made to the FP- availability as more because available for FP+. This has created rides like Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story (of course) to completely run out of fastpasses by 11 am

Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I think you just need to take a deep breath and wait and see what the system is like once it is fully rolled out. It is pointless, IMO, to get all worked up about this now.

Personally, I am a big fan of the new system. Different strokes and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
And a good part of this is not only because of the crap FP + system but from the people on this board that are scamming the system and double and triple dipping with all these FP's. People complain about the crowds on this board but then they're quick to point out how they got triple the FPs they should have because they used their Magic Band, Their KTTK card and their old room key. Ridiculous.
This is, IMO, the biggest issue with the current situation. If everyone was playing by the rules things would be much better.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
DisneyMountainWoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
I think you just need to take a deep breath and wait and see what the system is like once it is fully rolled out. It is pointless, IMO, to get all worked up about this now.

Personally, I am a big fan of the new system. Different strokes and all.

This is, IMO, the biggest issue with the current situation. If everyone was playing by the rules things would be much better.
No offense, but I cannot wait till is gets fully rolled out because my trip is before they fully rolled it out and I cannot change my plans now. So when I pay a lot of money for something I will get peeved. I will probably not be able to afford to go to disney for another 5 years...
Old 10-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMountainWoman View Post
No offense, but I cannot wait till is gets fully rolled out because my trip is before they fully rolled it out and I cannot change my plans now. So when I pay a lot of money for something I will get peeved. I will probably not be able to afford to go to disney for another 5 years...
None taken, and none meant in return. Since your trip is before the full roll out then just take a deep breath and go with the flow. What else are you going to do? Getting all worked up about it will only affect you, your family and your vacation. The system is what it is, it is the way we choose to deal with it that is causing the problems. Learn all you can, make the most of it and have a great time. That's what I plan to do on my trip next week.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #15
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post

None taken, and none meant in return. Since your trip is before the full roll out then just take a deep breath and go with the flow. What else are you going to do? Getting all worked up about it will only affect you, your family and your vacation. The system is what it is, it is the way we choose to deal with it that is causing the problems. Learn all you can, make the most of it and have a great time. That's what I plan to do on my trip next week.
We are going in 2 weeks and we decided to just go with the flow and not stress whatever's meant to be will be

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: