Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
cogero
DIS Veteran

2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!!

Hi my name is Chiara and I am a certified Disney Addict, my first trip was in 1976. I love all things Disney. It is our preferred vacation destination.

I am married to my best friend and love of my life Gerard. G has slowly embraced my Disney obsession. He is the money guy and it was his decision to buy into DVC in 2008.

We are the proud parents of 3 kiddoís

Chiara Michelle is almost 12 (she will be 12 on Sunday) She loves all things Disney. Her favorite Characters are Belle and Stitch. She is a wonderful child who is an excellent student and loves to Dance. This year instead of dancing competively she decided to concentrate on school work, only take her regular classes and join the running club at the middle school because dancing 6 hours a week wasnít enough!

James is our next child he will be 6 in November. He is my special boy. He has Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), verbal apraxia is nonverbal and a couple of other issues. J loves Disney. He is venturing into the big rides. On our last trip he went on Test Track for the first time. We take joy in the small things with J. Disney allows us to have a normal vacation.

Finally we have Samantha otherwise known as Sami. Sami is our surprise baby, actually Jimmy was our surprise baby but Sami was an even bigger surprise. Sami is 4 months old now and she is our princess. All my kids are spoiled but I can see Sami being the most spoiled. We never thought we would have her and my pregnancy was a bit rough but she was worth it all.

I love PTRís and I love the planning. My last pre- trip report encompassed 2012 and 2013 so I thought it was time to start a new PTR. This PTR will encompass all my trips for 2014. So far we have 3 booked (have to make those Annual Passes pay off)

It is my place to ask opinions, show our plans and show some of our customs for the trip.

I look forward to getting to know you all and if you are joining in again welcome.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
cogero
DIS Veteran

Reserved for Trip dates...

So here is a list of our trips that we already have booked.

February 17-20 WDW at BWV.
February 20-23 a 3 Day Cruise on the Disney Dream (need to remember to book another cruise while on board)

April 12-17 WDW at Kidani in a 2BR Standard (I think) decided to be cheap with points this time around.

August 24 - 29th WDW at Kidani in a 2BR but am going to try for BC or BW at 7 months.

We are planning one more and it will most likely be for Thanksgiving since it doesn't look like October is going to work out.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.

Last edited by cogero; 10-21-2013 at 12:05 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Sitting on hold with the MD office and saw this pop up! So excited for you, now to read when I can concentrate!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I'm here, I'm here! LOL

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Saw your post on FB and am joining in. You have a lovely family.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am totally here!!!!!! Cannot wait to hear all about all of your trips!

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Hi my name is Chiara and I am a certified Disney Addict.
I forgot to ask this before - but where did you get your Disney Addict Certification??? I think I need to be certified too...

D~
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I forgot to ask this before - but where did you get your Disney Addict Certification??? I think I need to be certified too...

D~
Well everyone says I am a Disney addict so I decided I should be certified

So not much on the planning the past couple of days. I have been busy working on the ugly quilt blocks. I have 2.5 done so only 6.5 to go. I think part of the problem besides the fabric I don't like is the fact that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the characters. So far I have finished Alice and Mrs. Potts. Snow White is almost done. Then I have Dumbo, Tinkerbell, Lady, Mary Poppins, Cinderella's Castle with some wording and something else.

I will finally have pictures of a treat bag I finished in the morning.

I also need to upload my pictures from the trip a couple of weeks ago. I just haven't done it because I am traumatized about it.

How about an old picture from 2012 I think. C in Downtown Disney I really need to find the picture I have of C on our first trip.

and here is a real blast from the past I think this is in 2005.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

A 3 day cruise sounds like so much fun. I have heard the Dream is just incredible, can't wait to read all about your plans.

I can't believe how big Sami is already. Love the pic of C and J on the cruise, so cute.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Joining in!

A 3 day cruise sounds like so much fun. I have heard the Dream is just incredible, can't wait to read all about your plans.

I can't believe how big Sami is already. Love the pic of C and J on the cruise, so cute.
Welcome Welcome. Just remember Sami was almost 11lbs at birth.

I am excited about the cruise though C doesn't want customs for it. I guess I will survive since I have Sami and J can't complain.

So I have been a bit busy this week making lists of things I want to get done for Sami. I am not a big fan of the clothes in stores with the exception of Gymboree and I don't love everything. I have been making her some shirts. This morning I cut out a Minnie Mouse top. I hope to show off tomorrow.

I am also working on some Quilt Blocks for my cousin. This is what I did so far. I am just not loving the colors.

and here is the last treat bag of the season. This turned out to be my favorite.

This weekend is Cs birthday and I need to wrap her presents and I want to make a set of PJs to go along with her present. I can't wait to see her face on Sunday.

Tonight she is having a sleepover with her best friend. Sarah.

Well I guess I have to go to work

Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I am a firm believer that ALL the BEST people have a birthday on October 27th!!!

Happy Birthday C!

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #12
cogero
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Liz.

I started cleaning my basement yesterday. I still hadn't finished from when we had Cs room built. I am hoping to finish later today.

I am also going to church today. I am not a big church person. I was raised a Catholic but have huge issues with the Catholic Church. I am going to the episcopal church. This is the church my mom and sister go too. I know some of the people and the priest and his wife are lovely. I am going by myself today so I can see the layout and escape routes for when I bring J. I figure this is a good time to start as Advent starts in 2 weeks and I love this time of year.

When I come home I want to finish the quilt blocks so I can mail them back. I am also looking for a plug to a machine from the last time it was serviced. I think I just remembered where it is but have to look.

My ticker on my iPad says 92 days.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
cogero
DIS Veteran

It was a rough weekend I will admit it. I did not get even a quarter of what I wanted to done BUT I did start finishing cleaning my basement.

My goal is to have it clean by Thanksgiving. This is from when we did the remodel.

Todays project is hanging pictures. I have about 10 to hang.

I am also finishing the last quilt block. I should be able to do that before picking C up from running.

I also need to do my work out I keep making excuses. I need to make sure to set the alarm on the days G is off because if I don't get up by 5:30 the work out doesn't get done and I don't want to slip into bad habits.

I am also typing a list of things that must get done sewing wise.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
DMGeurts

I sure hope that today goes better for you, and you are able to get everything done that you need to.

Are you planning to show us the quilt blocks? I would love to see them.

D~
Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #15
cogero
DIS Veteran

Yes I will be taking a picture of the quilt blocks before I sent them off.

And so far today has been a better day. I just need to find time to work out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: