Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Loftin716
Mouseketeer

Disney Dining or Deluxe???

Currently have the Disney dining plan but am thinking about upgrading to the deluxe just so we can have more flexibility and extra credits for dinner shows and character meals. My kids will be 11 and 7 and we all want to do CRT and Hoop Dee Doo among others. What do you all recommend? I really like the idea of not really having to worry about food costs once we are on the trip.
Loftin716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin716 View Post
Currently have the Disney dining plan but am thinking about upgrading to the deluxe just so we can have more flexibility and extra credits for dinner shows and character meals. My kids will be 11 and 7 and we all want to do CRT and Hoop Dee Doo among others. What do you all recommend? I really like the idea of not really having to worry about food costs once we are on the trip.
I really enjoy the Deluxe Dining Plan... If you can afford it I really recommend it! I think the regular DDP is constraining and stressful if you are not willing to pay for some of your meals/snacks...

If you are going to dinner shows, CRT, I would also suggest doing Flying Fish or California Grill too or both I love them both and it would provide a great mix of meals for you on your trip
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I would recommend upgrading to the deluxe.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
summersalt
DIS Veteran

I upgraded to the deluxe plan. My husband enjoys a nice breakfast and hates every food court option he has ever had when it comes to breakfast. Therefore I did the math and since we are doing a table service for breakfast every day, it worked out cheaper for us. We're doing table service for breakfast and signature service for dinner most days. And mostly, I like having everything paid for before we leave(with the exception of tips and that's what my Disney Visa Rewards is used for!)

DH DD ME Sandy
summersalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
nimbuscat
Mouseketeer

We are on the deluxe plan for our upcoming trip. We went back and forth...definitely deluxe, and then back to regular to save money...but then when I did the math and tried to keep track of which meals we were paying OOP for and which we were using credits for...it was a HUGE hassle. After what we planned to pay OOP (CRT being one of them...), the difference between regular and deluxe dining was minimal. We switched back to deluxe, and I'm happy that we won't have to try to keep track of snack vs QS vs TS vs OOP during our vacation.

Disneyland (day trip) - March 2005
Walt Disney World (off-site) - April 1997, July 1992
nimbuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

I'd also recommend upgrading to deluxe if you can afford it.

We've done the DxDP and really enjoyed using the credits for two TS per day (one meal typically being a signature dinner).

We now do TIW but basically still reserve ADRs as if we are on the DxDP. For me, the most fun part is going to a different deluxe resort every night for dinner. Not only do you get to enjoy a nice meal but you get to experience the ambiance/theming of all of the different resorts (I always allow some time to just sit in the lobby and soak up the vibe). So much fun.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
Loftin716
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much!! My thoughts were right! Looks like it will be an upgrade, but should be worth it! Thanks again! I am new to this forum and it is awesome!
Loftin716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

I have done both plans several times. Both are great, but my favorite is the deluxe. I like having an appetizer and dessert with each meal when I'm on vaca. I also like having 2 snack credits a day. I think they come in handy for breakfast items.
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

This will be our 3rd trip with deluxe and we really enjoy it. We like the splurge. We don't eat like that at home but it's a nice treat on vacation to eat lobster and steak without the sticker shock.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: