Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Brie1289
Earning My Ears

Smile Disney Dining Help!

Hello Fellow Disney Friends!

Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome!
  • The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)
  • The Plaza
  • Coral Reef Restaurant
  • The Tusker House
  • Sci-Fi Dine In
  • Chef Mickey (Character Breakfast)
  • Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)
  • Grand Floridian
  • The Maya Grill
Brie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
DisneyMommy9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie1289 View Post
Hello Fellow Disney Friends! Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome![*]The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)[*]The Plaza[*]Coral Reef Restaurant[*]The Tusker House[*]Sci-Fi Dine In[*]Chef Mickey (Character Breakfast)[*]Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)[*]Grand Floridian[*]The Maya Grill
All great choices, especially for your first trip. Ohana is a fav of mine, we do breakfast and dinner each trip.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello Fellow Disney Friends!

Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome!
  • The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)
    In my experience the characters take a little on the long side here. To speed things up, you can ask for your check when you are seated. That way when you are finished eating you can just leave. The food is decent.
  • The Plaza
    Good sandwiches and the best french fries on property! The strawberry salad is very good also. And of course the ice cream for dessert.
  • The Tusker House
    Good food, a lot of variety from traditional breakfast to African inspired. The characters are fun, it is the only character meal that features Daisy. Goofy leads the kids around in a musical parade. it's cute. The juice they serve is delicious.
  • Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)
    Good plan!
  • Grand Floridian
    Which restaurant?

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
Brie1289
Earning My Ears

I am not sure about the Grand Floridian - but it says "Grand Floridian Cafe - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa" for the location if that helps?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Brie1289
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
Thank you!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Haven't eaten at all of these but the ones I have...
Crystal Palace - agree it seems to be slow moving
Tusker house-(I hope this is for breakfast) amazing, great characters, good food variety and quality IMO, but the real reason we go, THE JUICE, OMG JUNGLE JUICE!

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Upcoming: Dec 2013 -SS (Maybe?!?! or BWV)
Past: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |
December 2013-AKL |
September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello Fellow Disney Friends! Disney is coming up in just a little under a month, and it's our first time! Below are the restaurants we have reserved - input and reviews are welcome![*]The Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Character Breakfast)[*]The Plaza[*]Coral Reef Restaurant[*]The Tusker House[*]Sci-Fi Dine In[*]Chef Mickey (Character Breakfast)[*]Ohana (Late reservation; want to watch the fireworks on the beach of the resort)[*]Grand Floridian[*]The Maya Grill
Will need way more information to even start to advise. Thats a ton of ADRs - how many days are you staying?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Brie1289
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbaldiva View Post
Will need way more information to even start to advise. Thats a ton of ADRs - how many days are you staying?
I'm an open book - what do you need to know?! We are going from Saturday, November 2- Saturday November 9th.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
stauncie
Mouseketeer

We dined at the Grand Floridian Café our visit last January. DH was not impressed with the food but DD and I both really enjoyed our meals (we both had the chicken pasta dish) and the dessert was wonderful (we had a sampler dessert).

Maya Grill -- meh. DH enjoyed, but I do not like anything spicey (or any kind of pepper) So, there was very little I ate there. As in, not even the bread, because it was a Jalepeno pepper bread. I wasted a dining credit.

We love Crystal Palace. Never been for breakfast, but we enjoy both lunch and dinner there we always go for an early seating and have never had slow service.

Ohana gets both good and bad reviews. We haven't been since they changed the menu a couple of years ago. We have had both good and bad experiences here.

Sci Fi. the food was good, but it was dark. as in TOO DARK to be able to read the menu. I still remember the dessert. YUM!!!

we haven't dined at the Plaza, or the Tusker House.
stauncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

Great choices! My family had breakfast at Chef Mickey's this past July (I think it was our 5th visit). The food is ok and the characters are always awesome!
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #11
TokyoSunrise
Earning My Ears

Love your choices. Similar to what we would choose. Have fun and enjoy. Having a late reservation at Ohana's to enjoy fireworks is a great idea. Maybe something for us to think about next time.

Tags
dining, disney, food, reservations, vacation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: