Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
mialovesariel
Earning My Ears

OK Honest opinions...BOG for dinner??

Sorry I know this topic comes up a lot. I need honest reviews or opinions. I was able and very surprised to snag a reservation to BOG dinner for our trip in February. I have read such conflicting reviews...good and bad. Should I keep our reservation there or go to 1900 park fare for dinner with Cinderella(We have been there once before and it was just O.K) We also have reservations at Norway to the princess dinner. It will be my DH and DD 8 and DD 4. I think I'm really the one wanting to keep our BOG reservations since Beauty and the Beast is my favorite disney movie-Plus its new.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Honestly, we thought the food was sub par. My pork chop was very dry and nothing else was particularly memorable. We have eaten at BOG for lunch as well and definitely prefer it to dinner.

That said, I think everyone should decide for him/herself. If you love BatB then give it a try. If, however, you have another place that you'd like to try you could always go to BOG for lunch one day. The experience is virtually the same. At lunch you order at a kiosk but the food is delivered to your table. The only other difference is that the Beast is not there at lunch time.

But, again, decide what you would prefer to do. You will get both opinions here.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We had dinner there in April and loved it! Great atmosphere, great food, and great service!

We all got steak and enjoyed it very much. We loved interacting with Beast.

I would certainly recommend it based on our experience.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Our Ratings of Be Our Guest (lunch-dinner): (rev 4/3/2013)
. . . food price value: B-C
. . . food quality: B-C
. . . food quantity per serving: B-C
. . . food prep speed: B-C
. . . food selection: B-B
. . . seating quantity: A-B
. . . seating comfort: B-B
. . . eatery atmosphere: A-A
. . . eatery convenience: B-B
. . . staff friendliness: B-C
. . . staff attentiveness: C-D
. . . character interaction: D (The Beast is only at dinner)

NOTE: Eatery has different food themes than usually found in a park. Though not in the
"signature" eatery quality, food is good and tasty. Lunch is QS with no ressies; dinner is
TS and ressies are highly advised. Atmosphere is very well done and probably the most
fancy and most themed of any WDW eatery. As a QS eatery it is one of the best, as a
TS eatery it is average. Overall: great atmosphere, only average food quality.

Our reviews: (we think lunch is better than dinner)
LUNCH:
. . . tuna or chicken nicoise - good, but light on olives
. . . croque monsieur - nice, but Béchamel needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - average, nice dijon
. . . roast beef sandwich - tasty, but slightly tough
. . . braised pork - recommended
. . . vegetable quiche - wife liked it (men don't eat such)
DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . chicken breast - nicely done and recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - cooked well, but average taste
. . . grilled strip steak - good, not great, steak
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - only average
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - average
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

You will get 100 honest opinions - 50 will say go, 50 will say skip it.
Based on your info - I would definitely go. Why skip a new, and possibly excellent, dining experience to repeat one that you thought was just average?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

We had dinner there last Monday and we all loved it. I had the scallops and shrimp puffed pastry (which I loved BTW), DH had the pork which he said was one of the best dishes he had on our trip, DD12 had the steak which she thought was good but wants to try something different next time, and our other DD ate off of the kids menu and she really enjoyed her meatloaf. We were seated in the main dining room right next to the huge windows where the snow falls, and our server told us to walk around to the other rooms and take photos and look around. The whole place is absolutely gorgeous and we got to M&G with Beast after our meals. We will be definitely returning here again .
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

We ate there three times last week - two lunches and one dinner.

Our original plan had been to try to have lunch and then drop our dinner reservation later in the week, but we liked the place so much we kept all reservations. You might consider something similar. If you are able to get in for lunch earlier in your visit, then you could consider switching your dinner reservations to something else. We also ate with the Princesses in Norway, and that was a great experience.

We found the food for BOG lunch to be excellent, and the dinner food to be very good (not quite as good as lunch, but close). Dessert offerings were slightly different for both meals - however the cupcakes (fabulous!) were on both menus. Kids food was slightly different, but good choices for both meals for our kids.

The only thing you will lose with having lunch instead of dinner is not having your photo taken with the Beast. He's only there at dinner.
2007 - Polynesian
2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Polynesian
Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
mialovesariel
Earning My Ears

I love everyone's suggestions. And I will be keeping the reservations for now because I'm leaning towards going for dinner. Maybe we will try it for lunch also since we will be at MK the beginning of our week also. And P.S I have parasailed and just love it!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
WDW-BWV
Mouseketeer

Try it at least once. We are on a mission to try every experience at least once ...except coasters and the parasailing ! LOL!!

HoJo's WDW Village
Hilton WDW Village
Port Orleans
Poly
Widerness Lodge Villas
All Start Sports (With 40 kids!)
BW Inn
BWV - DVC
BLT - DVC

Hurricane Charlie
Tropical Storm Faye

KUNGALOOSH!
WDW-BWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #10
mjl1969
Mouseketeer

We went last year for dinner and it was excellent all around , no complaints and am going again next year
mjl1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
katt789
DIS Veteran

Having done dinner there 3 times now & lunch twice, I'd say do it for dinner. It's a completely different experience than lunch. I absolutely loved the themeing of the resturant, and getting to see the Beast. The food has always been great for me. The 2nd time I had the pork chop it was a little dry, BUT they added LAMB to their menu last month and it was amazing!!

The night can take a while to wrap up depending on where you are/who your server ia, but i think its worth it!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #12
awalker1015
Mouseketeer

Had a lunch FP here yesterday then lucked out with a dinner res instead for my 40th bday. Amazing experience. First time disney guests and we were blown away. DD loves Belle and we ate there shortly after Enchanted Tales with Belle. She was mesmerized. Food was great. My mom and I both had the braised pork which was delicious. Kids had the macaroni and meat loaf which they both enjoyed. Also, it was nice to have a glass of wine after a long day in the park. . Theming is very magical and Beast's presence is the perfect touch.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #13
kaybird
DIS Veteran

We ate both Lunch and dinner at Bog last week. Dinner was one of the best of the trip. Pork was fabulous, as was the Scallop dish. Ate every bite of both, and had the cupcakes for dessert.

Lunch was fine, had the Croque and the Turkey sandwiches. Everything was fine and tasty, but not in the league of the dinner service by far.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
theburkes
Learning the WDW ropes

We had dinner there last month and I would say do it! Of course, you will get mixed reviews but my DH and I thought the meal was great! I had the steak and DH had the lamb (which they had literally just put on the menu the day before) and neither one of us had any complains- I actually thought the steak I had was one of the best from our stay (the garlic butter on it is awesome). Dessert was yummy too.... especially the grey stuff! If anything, the atmosphere is so neat... just like you're in the castle. I would say try it once.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

We had dinner there (on our Anniversary) and really enjoyed it. We sat in the ballroom directly under the large chandelier, which is beautiful. Our server was great and the food was very good. I had the salmon and while it wasn't to die for or anything it was cooked perfectly and the leek fondue and saffron potatoes were excellent. Dh had the steak, dd had the chicken and my youngest ds had the kid's fish meal (mahi-mahi), and my other ds just had the macaroni. It wasn't the best meal we ever had, but it was good and we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. Even my older ds, who is so not into Disney anything, couldn't help but feel the magic in there
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: