Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Vixster
DIS Veteran

Can 9 year old have adult meals

An my 9 year old son have adult meals like is 11 year old sister will be on quick service dining or has he got to stick to children's meals?
Old 10-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixster View Post
An my 9 year old son have adult meals like is 11 year old sister will be on quick service dining or has he got to stick to children's meals?
Disney rules say children must order from children's menu where there is one even on QS plan. If you are getting free dining, you can upgrade your 9 yr old to an adult, pay adult ticket prices (not that much), and then he will be listed as an adult and can get adult meals. You can do the same thing if you're paying for dining, but that increases your cost by the cost of tickets and the meal plan.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
Vixster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
Disney rules say children must order from children's menu where there is one even on QS plan. If you are getting free dining, you can upgrade your 9 yr old to an adult, pay adult ticket prices (not that much), and then he will be listed as an adult and can get adult meals. You can do the same thing if you're paying for dining, but that increases your cost by the cost of tickets and the meal plan.
Thank you I may do that for him as sometimes a better choice, We got free dinning with our booking.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
#1DopeyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
That isn't correct...at QS it doesn't matter, all credits are treated the same. Kids can order from either menu.
September 2005 ~ Coronado Springs *** February 2005 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 2004 ~ Pop Century *** Dec. 2003 ~ Yacht Club
Jan. 2003 ~ Coronado Springs *** June 2002 ~ Off Site
Jan. 2002 ~ Off Site *** Aug. 2001 ~ All Star Movies
Jan. 1998 ~ Off Site *** Jan. 1995 ~ Off Site
Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Technically, the Disney site says you need to order a kids meal. However, all QS meals are categorized the same on the Dining Plan. When you have regular dining, you get Adult TS credits and Child TS credits. But one lump sum of "QS Credits". You'll find people who argue on both sides of this one. Certainly, we've ordered four adult QS meals and had no problem at all--back when my youngest was still considered a kid. My thought is that if Disney really worried about it, they could very easily designate between adult and child credits, just like they do for the TS meals.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

The rules of the dining plan state that the child MUST order from the kids menu where one is available. Anything else is considered "getting around" Disney's rules and is often frowned upon by the mods. In the past, those posts have been deleted and/or the thread has been locked.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 10-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

It is least expensive to just pay OOP for an item ala carte if your child really wants that item. Years ago we did this with DD. If she wanted something that was not available for a child we just payed OOP for the actual item and ordered her kids meal for the drink and fries and dessert. So she would for example get the kids nuggets and we would get her a burger or pizza if that was what she wanted. Way less than the paid upgrade for tickets and messing up her age in the Disney computers (cause lets face it the upcharge for an 18 year old in the room when she is only 17 would suck) and less expensive than paying for the upgrade to the DDP if it isn't free dining.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DopeyFan View Post
That isn't correct...at QS it doesn't matter, all credits are treated the same. Kids can order from either menu.
That is incorrect - if a child's menu is available the child must order from it. Period.

Disney's plan, Disney's rule.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: