Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

e-smoking on board - Disney policy?

I'm curious to know whether or not anyone has any experience or knowledge of a policy on e-smoking on board.

I quit smoking analogue cigarettes 45 days ago by using e-smokes and have found it highly effective. I DO enjoy the experience and know that the health risks of E-smoking are about a million times less than smoking analogue cigarettes.

This all being said, I expect that I will still be vaping come cruise time and I'm wondering if I should just follow the "regular" smoking policies on board or what? I mean, to be honest with you, I have little desire to hang around in the smoking areas.

I do not plan to e-smoke in restaurants, theaters, enclosed common areas, but would like to know I can do so by the pool (adult area) and in my stateroom.

The vapor released from e-smoking is not harmful, non carcinogenic and virtually odorless. So, am I safe to vape in common areas?

Maybe I should just ask Disney if they have a policy in place for this.

Just to be clear, 99 percent of what I exhale is water vapor and there has been a scientific study done (http://publichealth.drexel.edu/SiteD...0e603/ms08.pdf) showing that in real world terms the risks of second hand e-smoke exposure are essentially nil.

So yah, I know us e-smokers are far and few between, but can anyone shed some light?

Be aware, there is a fair amount of FUD spread by big-tobacco and their lobbyists such as sensationalist media pieces and flawed commisioned studies, but in the big scheme of things I know that my choice is the right choice for me.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bUg View Post
I'm curious to know whether or not anyone has any experience or knowledge of a policy on e-smoking on board.

I quit smoking analogue cigarettes 45 days ago by using e-smokes and have found it highly effective. I DO enjoy the experience and know that the health risks of E-smoking are about a million times less than smoking analogue cigarettes.

This all being said, I expect that I will still be vaping come cruise time and I'm wondering if I should just follow the "regular" smoking policies on board or what? I mean, to be honest with you, I have little desire to hang around in the smoking areas.

I do not plan to e-smoke in restaurants, theaters, enclosed common areas, but would like to know I can do so by the pool (adult area) and in my stateroom.

The vapor released from e-smoking is not harmful, non carcinogenic and virtually odorless. So, am I safe to vape in common areas?

Maybe I should just ask Disney if they have a policy in place for this.

Just to be clear, 99 percent of what I exhale is water vapor and there has been a scientific study done (http://publichealth.drexel.edu/SiteD...0e603/ms08.pdf) showing that in real world terms the risks of second hand e-smoke exposure are essentially nil.

So yah, I know us e-smokers are far and few between, but can anyone shed some light?

Be aware, there is a fair amount of FUD spread by big-tobacco and their lobbyists such as sensationalist media pieces and flawed commisioned studies, but in the big scheme of things I know that my choice is the right choice for me.
From the DCL website:

Q:
Where can I smoke on board?
A:
Disney Cruise Line has never allowed smoking in Guest staterooms. In addition, smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout our ships and beginning November 15, 2013, smoking will be prohibited on stateroom verandahs. In an effort to provide a cruise experience that satisfies both our non-smoking and smoking Guests, smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) is only permitted in designated areas of the ship.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...afety/smoking/

This policy is pretty much in line with most other cruiselines.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

Hrmmm. Well okay then. I guess I'm fine with that. LOL. I guess I could have just checked the "regular" smoking policy.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

So wait... When did they ban smoking on verandahs? The wife is going to be pretty upset. She still smokes the stinkies.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bUg View Post
So wait... When did they ban smoking on verandahs? The wife is going to be pretty upset. She still smokes the stinkies.
Effective Nov 15.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

Well sunofagun. Stop visiting the boards for a month or two and look what happens. XD Thanks as always princess shmoo.

I swear, you are almost always there with a quick response! <3

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: