Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
KimmyF
Earning My Ears

DDP with 3 year old twins?

I currently have the DDP booked for our February trip for 2 adults and my 3 year old twins. We will be doing a character meal every day and most likely Hoop Dee Doo.

Here is my question, is there any way I can book the DDP for 2 adults and 1 child? My daughters usually share kid meals and we still have leftovers! My one daughter is a very adventurous eater and will try everything once and my other daughter is super picky. I would hate to spend so much money on food that will not be eaten! I would prefer to pay OOP on the picky daughter if that is an option.

Thanks!
KimmyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Afraid not. Everyone on the room reservation age 3 and older has to be on the same dining plan.

If you are doing mostly character meals and dinner shows you would be paying the same amount for both children anyway.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

While this won't work at any character meals, other buffet/all you can eat places, Via Napoli, or HDDR (or the other dinner shows), you can consider splitting an adult meal, letting the kids share a meal, and then booking an additional TS (menu-based) or two and doing the same there. It may be a way to stretch the credits and avoid wasting the extra food.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
KimmyF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
While this won't work at any character meals, other buffet/all you can eat places, Via Napoli, or HDDR (or the other dinner shows), you can consider splitting an adult meal, letting the kids share a meal, and then booking an additional TS (menu-based) or two and doing the same there. It may be a way to stretch the credits and avoid wasting the extra food.
Thank you for that advice! That is definitely something to consider!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
KimmyF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Afraid not. Everyone on the room reservation age 3 and older has to be on the same dining plan.

If you are doing mostly character meals and dinner shows you would be paying the same amount for both children anyway.
Darn. Now I am trying to rethink if I want to do the DDP now or just pay OOP when we get there. I guess the S/P/D promo would make it worth it, though.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyF View Post
Darn. Now I am trying to rethink if I want to do the DDP now or just pay OOP when we get there. I guess the S/P/D promo would make it worth it, though.
At ALL character meals/buffets/family style all-you-can-eat places, you will have to pay for both girls no matter how much they eat. If the majority of your meals are these, I'd keep the DDP as that one meal is usually the same or more than the one-day cost of the kids' meal. So, their QS and snack are essentially free.

And as PP said, at a la carte places, you can use one adult TS (perhaps get an app OOP to share as well) and one child TS and stretch those credits to eat more TS meals.

As for the QS credits, you can share here too. Get one adult (maybe bounty platter) and one kids' meal to share for breakfast, then do the same at lunch or dinner, whichever meal you don't have TS for.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
KimmyF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
At ALL character meals/buffets/family style all-you-can-eat places, you will have to pay for both girls no matter how much they eat. If the majority of your meals are these, I'd keep the DDP as that one meal is usually the same or more than the one-day cost of the kids' meal. So, their QS and snack are essentially free.

And as PP said, at a la carte places, you can use one adult TS (perhaps get an app OOP to share as well) and one child TS and stretch those credits to eat more TS meals.

As for the QS credits, you can share here too. Get one adult (maybe bounty platter) and one kids' meal to share for breakfast, then do the same at lunch or dinner, whichever meal you don't have TS for.
Thank you so much!! That is a great idea!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
stacecakes
loves acquiring info as much as fastpasses!

I never thought about splitting meals at a TS. In my head, I made the ADR for the four people in the family and mentally crossed 4 meals off my TS allotment. Which is odd because we are ALL about sharing and spreading out credits when it comes to CS meals.
They really don't give a hassle about that at non-family style/buffet places? I like the idea but not if I'm going to have to be all forceful about getting it tallied correctly as 2 or 3 rather than 4 meals. Maybe I will go ahead and make another TS ADR for our last day just in case we're successful at hoarding credits. A final lunch at Crystal palace might be a great way to say goodbye (and fill us up well before traveling home!)
stacecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
They really don't give a hassle about that at non-family style/buffet places? I like the idea but not if I'm going to have to be all forceful about getting it tallied correctly as 2 or 3 rather than 4 meals. Maybe I will go ahead and make another TS ADR for our last day just in case we're successful at hoarding credits. A final lunch at Crystal palace might be a great way to say goodbye (and fill us up well before traveling home!)
You will not be able to share credits at the following:

Buffets
Family-style all you can eat restaurants
Fixed price restaurants where you order from a menu but the meal is one price (CRT and Akershus)
Dinner shows
Fantasmic Dining Package
Candlelight Processional Dining Package
All you can eat platter at Whispering Canyon (dinner)
Via Napoli (does not allow sharing of DDP credits)

Everyone at the table on DDP, age 3 or over will be automatically charged a credit (or two, if the restaurant takes two credits) at these meals.

I haven't heard lately that any restaurant that is not fixed price (except Via Napoli) has been disallowing guests on DDP to share credits.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 09-25-2013 at 04:47 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: