Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
jsf0003
Earning My Ears

FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

Yes, it still works.

However, we encountered a few CM's that were not happy with us for taking advantage of it.

A piece of advice...

Take off your magic band before approaching the paper FP machines.

You'll avoid the catty CM comments that way.
jsf0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
Ametista
DIS Veteran

Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #3
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ametista View Post
Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.
^ this ^
It really isn't fair...

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
^ this ^
It really isn't fair...
It is a test. The people doing the testing are working through a bunch of issues, in order for Disney to be able to roll out the program and not have a park full of angry guests.

And when has it been determined that life is fair? I must have missed that memo.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It is a test. The people doing the testing are working through a bunch of issues, in order for Disney to be able to roll out the program and not have a park full of angry guests.

And when has it been determined that life is fair? I must have missed that memo.

Plus, how many people ONLY use 3 fast passes on a trip anyway? The only park where we don't have more than 2 MUST do attractions is Epcot. Just because I have 3 fp+ at MK doesn't mean I can't get fp's for rides I don't have on my fp+.

Once this rolls out to everyone, I'd like like a show of hands of all the people who will ONLY use the 3 fp+ options and NOT get fp's for the other rides.

ETA: Like said above in another post, for park hopping, you have no choice but to use the traditional fp machines. These problems would not exist if people would just keep their noses out of the business of others. Unless you have a copy of their travel plan, you have NO idea what they are doing, what fp's they have, etc. mind your own business.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

Plus, how many people ONLY use 3 fast passes on a trip anyway? The only park where we don't have more than 2 MUST do attractions is Epcot. Just because I have 3 fp+ at MK doesn't mean I can't get fp's for rides I don't have on my fp+.

Once this rolls out to everyone, I'd like like a show of hands of all the people who will ONLY use the 3 fp+ options and NOT get fp's for the other rides.
Not only that, but it would completely alienate the park hopper folks which also 'isn't fair.'
Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It is a test. The people doing the testing are working through a bunch of issues, in order for Disney to be able to roll out the program and not have a park full of angry guests. And when has it been determined that life is fair? I must have missed that memo.
No kidding..sometimes other people get stuff you don't, like upgrades, towel animals, and other pixie dust .
Old 09-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:

^ this ^
It really isn't fair...
Well if wouldn't be fair to the FP+ testers if we were limited to 3 FP+ per day per park while everyone else was able to grab as many paper FP as they wanted, now would it?
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Mommy2Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Of course it isn't fair...but life isn't fair as we all know. However, The use of MB and FP+ is by invitation and not command, so I don't buy the notion that it would be unfair to those who CHOOSE to participate in the testing to be stuck with just the FP+ option when non testers can pull however many legacy passes they want.

At some point, the double dipping will end, and then we'll see how FP+ really is.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #10
starsweeper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Of course it isn't fair...but life isn't fair as we all know. However, The use of MB and FP+ is by invitation and not command, so I don't buy the notion that it would be unfair to those who CHOOSE to participate in the testing to be stuck with just the FP+ option when non testers can pull however many legacy passes they want.

At some point, the double dipping will end, and then we'll see how FP+ really is.
Exactly, thank you. When we visit in a couple weeks, I'll have no problem letting a CM know regular FP is not prohibited to FP+ testers and they need to adjust their attitude.

Disney Vacations:
Aug79 - PR, Apr85 - Golf Resort, Apr88/Apr91 - Offsite, Jun97 - Offsite (Mom & me), Nov06 - CBR (DH & me - F&W), Feb09 - PCR (1st w/kids), May10 - Mariott OWC (Mom & Kids - F&GF), Oct13 - PR (1st w/4 kids - MNSSHP), Oct14 - CR TPV (MNSSHP)

Other Family Vacations:
Jun13 - Outer Banks NC, Jun15 - Yellowstone/Grand Teton National Parks, Jul16 - New England Coast/Acadia National Park
starsweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
Well if wouldn't be fair to the FP+ testers if we were limited to 3 FP+ per day per park while everyone else was able to grab as many paper FP as they wanted, now would it?
^^^ Agree with this!!!! On prior trips, we'd easily pull 5 FPs per day...

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
FirstTimeDisneyVisit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Corinne View Post
Agree !!

September 2011 - All Star Sports
September 2012 - Coronado Springs Resort
September 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

FirstTimeDisneyVisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
^ this ^
It really isn't fair...
It's totally fair. We used to get about 6 or 7 regular fp per day until this trip when we had FP+. This time we used 3 FP+ and 3 regular fastpasses. I don't think it limited anyone's ability to uses FP.

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge October 2014 DISNEYLAND PARIS HALLOWEEN! Oh Mon Dieu!!!!

Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
LarryNabisco
Magician that eats fire !!

You broke the rules, not impressive!
LarryNabisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
Violet Parr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNabisco View Post
You broke the rules, not impressive!
MMmmm, no. No rules were broken. We were given KTTW cards at check-in by the cm at AKL who said that since the bugs were not out of the FP+ system yet, they wanted to make sure we had a back up. I asked if we could use them for regular fastpasses and she said, "yes, please do" and added something to the effect of us having paid for the same resort experience as everyone else and regular fastpasses are a part of that. The FP+ testing experience is a perk, kind of like getting extra time with a character or like the magical experiences during YOMD.

If you have concrete (not anecdotal) evidence of rules having been broken I'd love to see it.

Not sure why people think that those doing testing should not be allowed to use services that they paid for, regular fastpasses included.

VP
December 2005 Pop Century, VWL, Swan, December 2007 Coronado Springs, Fort Wilderness December 2010 Fort Wilderness, October 2012 AKV Kidani, June 2013 Caribbean Beach, July 2013 Polynesian August 2013 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room September 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas, POR-AB October 2013 MNSSHP/F&W Fort Wilderness December 2013 Villas at Wilderness Lodge October 2014 DISNEYLAND PARIS HALLOWEEN! Oh Mon Dieu!!!!

Violet Parr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: