Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
ckelly14
Lurker

Difference in ocean view cabins

Considering a Disney cruise to Europe in 2015. Obviously, it's still unknown what will be offered in 2 years, but I'm hoping the newly renovated Magic is in Europe once again.

Considering the various room types, I'm thinking 2 connecting Ocean View cabins (cat 9)will be the same price (or cheaper) than one Family Oceanview cabin with Veranda. I noticed that Categories 9A is also substantially more expensive than 9B-D on the lower levels (about $2,100 more than 9A for 2 staterooms). Is 9A worth it?

Any comments would be appreciated.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
mom4fun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Considering a Disney cruise to Europe in 2015. Obviously, it's still unknown what will be offered in 2 years, but I'm hoping the newly renovated Magic is in Europe once again.

Considering the various room types, I'm thinking 2 connecting Ocean View cabins (cat 9)will be the same price (or cheaper) than one Family Oceanview cabin with Veranda. I noticed that Categories 9A is also substantially more expensive than 9B-D on the lower levels (about $2,100 more than 9A for 2 staterooms). Is 9A worth it?

Any comments would be appreciated.
The windows in 9a,b and c are the same. 9d has two smaller windows but the room sizes are all the same.
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
ckelly14
Lurker

Thanks. I did understand about the windows.

I guess I was curious if anyone thought a cat 9 on deck 5-7 is worth significantly more (in my case, $2000 more) then a cat 9 on deck 2.

My answer is a big NO but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something....
Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We are Cat 9 Deck 2 dwellers (at least 9 of our cruises). I LOVE Deck 2 - we always are midship starboard side. Love the large porthole and "close" to the water. enjoy sitting in the room looking at the wave roll by (but I don't spend a lot of time in the room).

Especially on the Classic Ships ... Deck 2 is ...
... easy stairclimbing when returning from ports - only 1 flight up and no waiting for elevators.
... only one flight up to Lumier's/Triton's and Parrot Cay/Carioca's
... only 2 flights up to Animators
... only 2 flights up to the WD Theater. Easy access to the room to change cloths if needed before the late night activities
... Only 1 flight up to the entertainment district (Route 66 / Beat Street / After Hours)
All of these we use the long corridor on deck 2 to walk to forward, mid, aft and "pop up" to where we are heading. No fighting crowds.

Additionally, we take the stairs everywhere all the time (except to Palo). Chant with me now as we climb the stairs to deck 10 ... "get to eat more deserts, get to eat more deserts..."

But I don't want to oversell deck 2, there are drawbacks to it - the veranda people will look down upon you for staying in steerage Well very few do.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit
We are Cat 9 Deck 2 dwellers (at least 9 of our cruises). I LOVE Deck 2 - we always are midship starboard side. Love the large porthole and "close" to the water. enjoy sitting in the room looking at the wave roll by (but I don't spend a lot of time in the room).

Especially on the Classic Ships ... Deck 2 is ...
... easy stairclimbing when returning from ports - only 1 flight up and no waiting for elevators.
... only one flight up to Lumier's/Triton's and Parrot Cay/Carioca's
... only 2 flights up to Animators
... only 2 flights up to the WD Theater. Easy access to the room to change cloths if needed before the late night activities
... Only 1 flight up to the entertainment district (Route 66 / Beat Street / After Hours)
All of these we use the long corridor on deck 2 to walk to forward, mid, aft and "pop up" to where we are heading. No fighting crowds.

Additionally, we take the stairs everywhere all the time (except to Palo). Chant with me now as we climb the stairs to deck 10 ... "get to eat more deserts, get to eat more deserts..."

But I don't want to oversell deck 2, there are drawbacks to it - the veranda people will look down upon you for staying in steerage Well very few do.
Good to know. Just got upgraded to 9c deck 2.

disneylove69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

All of our cruises on the Magic & Wonder were in 9B or 9C, deck 2. We love the location.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

low and in the middle has the least motion. Deck 2 can be the calmest on the ship.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #8
ckelly14
Lurker

Great information, Thanks!
jrabbit: Any other negatives?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
Great information, Thanks!
jrabbit: Any other negatives?
I'd love to come up with more negatives - helps reduce "demand" and keeps the prices low for me

We actually got upgraded once to a Handicap accessible room on the Magic - don't recall which deck. Was a huge room (heck the bathroom was about the size of a normal stateroom), a very large veranda, and I missed my deck 2 room. REALLY!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: