Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

Rivers of light/world of color AK?

Has anyone heard of anymore rumors of Disney's world of color or something like that coming to AK river around discovery island? I read somewhere that they want to possibly use those projectors on the tree of life like they use on Cinderella castle. And do a show similar to World of Color in Disneyland. Sorry if this thread is somewhere else new to this.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
PuppyJonathan
Mouseketeer

How are they going to project on the Tree of Life. It sounds interesting, and possible, but the Tree of Life has rough surface compared to Cinderella's Castle's smooth surface (You know how the Castle is like a straight line in sight? That's what I mean by surface). It's going to be weird having a nightime show there whenever they aren't even open at night
PuppyJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyJonathan View Post
How are they going to project on the Tree of Life. It sounds interesting, and possible, but the Tree of Life has rough surface compared to Cinderella's Castle's smooth surface (You know how the Castle is like a straight line in sight? That's what I mean by surface). It's going to be weird having a nightime show there whenever they aren't even open at night
They used to have emh evenings a while ago

Old 08-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
rteetz
DIS Veteran

There was a thread floating around before you would have to clear a lot of trees for viewing of this new show it would be a great idea but I think would create some big viewing problems and disney doesn't want to fork a ton if money into surroundings. I don't think it will happen.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

I did see a picture of something like buoys in the water. See pic and story screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm

Old 08-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

The castle isn't just flat it might have smother lines but its by no means flat. Also avatarland is coming. According to Joe Rohde AK has more room to grow park then all of the parks so maybe someday the AK will stay open longer.

Lots of talk about Star Wars land and cars land coming to a much needed update of the studios

Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
PuppyJonathan
Mouseketeer

That's what I meant, it's hard to put it through text. Through voice it would have been ten times easier to explain
PuppyJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Here's the thread about the rumored nighttime show at AK :

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3145138

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
AnnaNonamus
Mouseketeer

Given how early the park closes, I highly doubt they would do something like this. The reason they close so early is for the animals. To get around this, they would have to put the animals away while the park is still open, and without the animals, it's just Kingdom.
CBR - 10/20/13-10/28/13 - Free Dining Girls Trip!
AnnaNonamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNonamus View Post
Given how early the park closes, I highly doubt they would do something like this. The reason they close so early is for the animals. To get around this, they would have to put the animals away while the park is still open, and without the animals, it's just Kingdom.
My understanding is the explosions are far more of an issue for fireworks at AK than the light is which would be why they could possibly have a projection show on the Tree of Life.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

My position on this has changed. I believe keeping DAK open at night is inevitable. Zoos stay open at night all the time. Disney could close Kilamajaro Safaris, Pangani Trail and Maharaja Jungle Trek, and house the animals accordingly. At the same time, the rides would remain open and they could extend the show schedule.

Also, a nighttime water show similar to WOC could work if they made the space. As they proved at DCA, they don't need fireworks to have a great evening show. Animal Kingdom also needs a signature restaurant. Future expansion of the park and the addition of evening hours would be a great way to accomplish this.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #12
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

Part of the rumors where true world of color ears are coming to Fla.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoctor
Part of the rumors where true world of color ears are coming to Fla.

A while ago there was lots of talk of a WoC type sow in the front of the park by the Avatar project. Redo of wishes will be first.
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
jetdoctor
Earning My Ears

I watched a Video today for the new princess hall @ MK saw people wearing the Glow With The Show ears. Didn't know they where selling them already not going live till Oct 15 & 19

Old 09-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #15
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

If Disney wanted to keep the park open later, and wanted to offer some sort of evening entertainment, they'd do it. Whether it's fireworks, water show, light show, stage show, etc.

As for World of Color, Disney did a lot of prep work to the lagoon at DCA to filter the water as much as possible. AFAIK, the entire lagoon is concrete lined and water is pumped through a filtration system to keep debris and contaminants from clogging the water nozzles.

If they build a new water feature as part of Avatar or some other park expansion, then perhaps some of that tech could be leveraged. But I can't see them just floating a water nozzle barge into the current river / canal that winds through the park.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: