Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

FP+ and BOG Lunch

I have been trying all weekend to use FP+ for lunch at BOG (anytime Sept. 15-22) using the beourguestlunch.disney.go.com web site with absolutely no success. Each time I go there and log in it fills in my name for me and asks for the Reservation ID, which I have been told is my MagicBand 12-digit number. Each time I enter it in, however, I get the error message, "Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your Reservation details."

This morning I called WDW and spoke to someone who said you cannot use FP+ for lunch at BOG. I had to explain to her about the web site and how it can be done. She just told me there is no way to get a time window at BOG unless you go to Town Hall when you get there the day of.

I'm confused...
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
pixiedust915
Earning My Ears

When we made our reservations for BOG lunch on 9/22, we used our actual reservation ID that you're given when you book your package/hotel with Disney. We did that in advance of our Magic Bands because we did not have them in our possession yet. Use your reservation ID and see if that works for you.

-Upcoming: Pop Century October 2014 - Tower of Terror 10 Miler -

pixiedust915 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
EAWildman
Mouseketeer

I saw that link on the DIS boards and tried it out yesterday. Everything seemed to work fine. It took my Magic Band number and sent me on to select my family members, a day to visit, a time to visit and it told me everything was complete and to go to the podium at the bridge to check in during my 15 minute window. But I didn't get any kind of confirmation number. No e-mail about it. Nothing shows up in My Disney Experience. I wrote down the time and date to go to BOG, but how do we know this is ligit? I mean, I talked to a CM on the phone the other night that told me the BOG lunch reservations were not up and running yet (though they would be at some point). Are we just spinning our wheels here? Getting reservations that no one knows about or will honor? I have no proof I even made a reservation. What does everyone think?

Eric
--Billy Joel
----------------------------------------------
Charter Member of D23
EAWildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAWildman View Post
I saw that link on the DIS boards and tried it out yesterday. Everything seemed to work fine. It took my Magic Band number and sent me on to select my family members, a day to visit, a time to visit and it told me everything was complete and to go to the podium at the bridge to check in during my 15 minute window. But I didn't get any kind of confirmation number. No e-mail about it. Nothing shows up in My Disney Experience. I wrote down the time and date to go to BOG, but how do we know this is ligit? I mean, I talked to a CM on the phone the other night that told me the BOG lunch reservations were not up and running yet (though they would be at some point). Are we just spinning our wheels here? Getting reservations that no one knows about or will honor? I have no proof I even made a reservation. What does everyone think?

Eric
I've read other posters here that said that happened to them, it never shows up on your MDE account and you never get an e-mail, but that everything is still fine when you show up during your time window. So don't worry. I just wish I could get that far...
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
AMT826
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAWildman View Post

Eric
Same thing with me, I didn't get any confirmation. I called an the CM told me that its still in the testing stages so I might have a fast pass, and I might not. There's really no way for her to check because the BOG FP+ is down right now. I hope I have one but I hate not knowing.
AMT826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

BOG Reservation Page Has FP+

I logged into MDE today and went to try, as I always do, to see if any BOG dinner ADRs opened up for 09/15-09/21 and what did I see? It says, "FastPass+ Service Offered, " and "Get in the fast lane to order a quick meal or snack for your party." And it has a button to click on that says, "Request Now"!

However, as with everything alse FP+ and BOG I've tried, it doesn't work! When I click the "Request Now" button it simply takes me down the regular FP+ road where I select a date and a park and choose stuff from the list, and BOG isn't listed.

Stop getting my hopes up already, Disney!

Last edited by jimsanfilippo; 08-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsanfilippo View Post
I logged into MDE today and went to try, as I always do, to see if any BOG dinner ARDs opened up for 09/15-09/21 and what did I see? It says, "FastPass+ Service Offered, " and "Get in the fast lane to order a quick meal or snack for your party." And it has a button to click on that says, "Request Now"!

However, as with everything alse FP+ and BOG I've tried, it doesn't work! When I click the "Request Now" button it simply takes me down the regular FP+ road where I select a date and a park and choose stuff from the list, and BOG isn't listed.

Stop getting my hopes up already, Disney!
Once again when I called WDW I was told you have to receive an e-mail stating you are "invited" to participate in the test in order to get a FP+ for BOG. The CM also said the BOG FP+ is a separate system, as I was told before, and that I would have to check with the front desk of my resort when I check in and inquire about BOG FP+.

I told him about all the countless stories of people getting FP+ for BOG weeks ahead of when they arrive without being "invited" to participate and all he kept saying was, "That's all the information I have about it. Sorry."

I seriously, seriously would have thought they would have their stuff together a lot better than this. So frustrating...
Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We are not going until Nov 3-8, a while back I had gone to the BOG site and imputed our resort reservation and It said something about the dates not being within the range or something, anyway I just tried again and it recognizes me and says " Guest is Already Registered " I am confused to say the least

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Review of BOG FP+

I read this very informative article on how the FP+ for BOG would work if I could ever get the system to accept me...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...stpass-system/
Old 08-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I read this very informative article on how the FP+ for BOG would work if I could ever get the system to accept me...

Thanks for the link to the article. I enjoyed reading it. I have done the FP to BOG several times and with each time that I have done it (Feb, May, July) it keeps getting easier and easier.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #11
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh good grief! Now I'm supposed to actually select the items I want to eat off the menu 60 days in advance too?!? (As far as FP+, I found that I loved booking the ride that I usually run to for FPs first thing in the morning, but other than that I hated having to pick rides and times this far in advance).

System won't accept me either. Very interesting article, thanks for posting!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust915 View Post
When we made our reservations for BOG lunch on 9/22, we used our actual reservation ID that you're given when you book your package/hotel with Disney. We did that in advance of our Magic Bands because we did not have them in our possession yet. Use your reservation ID and see if that works for you.
My reservation number begins with 6RU, but the system will only allow numbers to be entered.

Last edited by jimsanfilippo; 08-26-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have been trying all weekend to use FP+ for lunch at BOG (anytime Sept. 15-22) using the beourguestlunch.disney.go.com web site with absolutely no success. Each time I go there and log in it fills in my name for me and asks for the Reservation ID, which I have been told is my MagicBand 12-digit number. Each time I enter it in, however, I get the error message, "Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your Reservation details."

This morning I called WDW and spoke to someone who said you cannot use FP+ for lunch at BOG. I had to explain to her about the web site and how it can be done. She just told me there is no way to get a time window at BOG unless you go to Town Hall when you get there the day of.

I'm confused...
I do have an ADR for BOG for 8:55pm (have been desperately trying to get an earlier time since I have a 3 and 6 year old with us). Does anyone know if that affects anything? Can I not get a lucnh BOG FP+ if I already have an ADR?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
bmay
Earning My Ears

I just tried it. It stated "please enter your resort reservation ID...to claim your reservation". My resort reservation ID also has letters in it & they would disappear as soon as I typed them in. No luck!!!
bmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #15
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmay View Post
I just tried it. It stated "please enter your resort reservation ID...to claim your reservation". My resort reservation ID also has letters in it & they would disappear as soon as I typed them in. No luck!!!
OK, just called again and spoke to Artimus (sp?) at website technical services (after the first CSR clearly did not know anything about it) and was told that the BOG FP+ is handled directly by the the BOG restaurant and not through the regular FP+ system (fine, makes sense). But he also said only people who are "invited" via e-mail about 10 days before their resort check-in date are allowed to use the BOG site to get a time window. The e-mail will have a 12-digit "Reservation ID" for you to use on the site.

This seems to contradict everything I've read on DISBoards, even in this very short thread, and I told him that. He said some people are having success using their MagicBand numbers but that they would have been "invited" anyway by BOG. Everything Disney tells me about this issue either sounds made up or they are completely in the dark about it. I just feel like they're not shooting straight with me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: