Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

Boatwrights VS Olivia's

Hi, we are staying at POR and have a adr for Boatwrights. We have eaten there before and it's fine but we heard (thru here) that Olivia's was very good. Has anyone eaten at both and think Olivia's is much better? Is it worth the trip to get there? Thanks
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
winterman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Hi, we are staying at POR and have a adr for Boatwrights. We have eaten there before and it's fine but we heard (thru here) that Olivia's was very good. Has anyone eaten at both and think Olivia's is much better? Is it worth the trip to get there? Thanks
I ate at both in July. The menu at Olivia's is much more to my taste. DH and I had eaten there several times over the last 10 years. I always have trouble narrowing down the choices. It did not disappoint this time either. We always rented a car so transportation was never an issue. This time I went with a friend, who lives locally. I have an ADR for Olivia's in Nov. and will not have a car. My tentative plan is to go to DTD (probably via boat) from POFQ and then take the boat to OKW. We may take a taxi back to POFQ. It's right next door so can't cost much.
Most of the items on the Boatwright's menu are spicy/hot, which is not really my thing. I ate there largely because I was staying at POR and I had finally gotten myself ready to eat solo at a TS restaurant and I was less likely to 'chicken out' if I didn't have far to go. I had the pasta with shrimp. It was good, a huge portion, spicy but not beyond my tolerance. The corn bread was FABULOUS.

Service and atmosphere was fine at both so I would suggest that you go with the menu you prefer.

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ (with DS!), 4/2015 POFQ (with DD, DSIL, DGS)

winterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: