Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Late Night Dining options.. maybe DtD?!?

Hello! we will be arriving very late in October and I am trying to figure out if there are any dining locations that we would be able to get to. I am thinking the best bet would be Downtown Disney but not sure if anyplace there even serves that late!

We arrive at MCO at 11pm, then ME to POP, check-in.. I'm thinking it would be 1am before we would even reach DtD. Does anywhere serve food THAT late? In the past we have ordered Pizza Hut or Dominos for in the room but looking for something different.

Thanks!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Yikes! I don't know that much would be open even at DTD at 1:00 am. I think most everything has to close by 2:00 am. Most of the places that are still open look like they have a bar. I looked at Raglan Road and they stop serving dinner at 11:00 pm, but it says there is a bar menu that is served "until late" (it didn't specify what late means). Portobello, Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex, Paradiso 37, Bongo's, and Wolf Gang Puck all close before midnight (most around 11:00 pm).

If you get lucky, you might be able to grab a bite at the food court. According to wdwinfo, Everything Pop stays open until midnight. So if you get there before then, maybe consider eating first, then checking in.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Hello! we will be arriving very late in October and I am trying to figure out if there are any dining locations that we would be able to get to. I am thinking the best bet would be Downtown Disney but not sure if anyplace there even serves that late!

We arrive at MCO at 11pm, then ME to POP, check-in.. I'm thinking it would be 1am before we would even reach DtD. Does anywhere serve food THAT late? In the past we have ordered Pizza Hut or Dominos for in the room but looking for something different.

Thanks!
It looks like maybe Splitsville depending on what day of the week you arrive.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
karmacats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfd25wife View Post
It looks like maybe Splitsville depending on what day of the week you arrive.
DH and I tried Splitsville at about 1 a.m. once and no dice - they only serve pizza that late, and sometimes don't even have that. We tried everywhere else in DtD, and no luck anywhere else, either, even places that supposedly have bar menus and/or say they are open late.

The Poly has a quick service restaurant that has grab-and-go available 24 hours; I think the GF has one that's 24 hours, also. DH and I ended up going to the Crossroads Shopping Center, which is only about a 5 minute drive from DtD - there is a Pizzeria Unos there that serves the full menu until 1 or 2 a.m.

If you don't have a car (which it sounds like you won't, if you're taking ME), you might want to see if anything is open at the airport when you land and just eat there. Not the greatest way to start a trip, but better than starving!
karmacats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #5
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Thanks everyone. We have done this before so its pretty much routine for us just to order Pizza. I was just hoping something else may be available! Looks like Pizza it may be again. I am doubtful we will be to POP before midnight to grab food there.
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: