Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

Dresses in the parks.

Finally decided on wearing breathable lightweight summer dresses in the parks with flip flops. My question is what (if anything) should I wear under them? I feel like only elementary school girls wear shorts under their dresses..lol But I kind of like the idea of not flashing the person behind me in space mountain. What do the women that wear dresses do? (sorry if this is a silly question)

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
darnheather
DIS Veteran

To prevent thigh burn I always wear lightweight knit shorts under my dresses and skirts if I know I'm going to be walking that day.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
grammimouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
To prevent thigh burn I always wear lightweight knit shorts under my dresses and skirts if I know I'm going to be walking that day.
To prevent " thigh burn " there is a great product called Body Glide . It goes on like a stick deodorant . It is available at sporting goods stores for runners.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I also wear dresses every day to the parks. _I_ wear Under Armor (body fitting) shorts underneath. They breathe nicely. I don't have to worry about chafing, etc., but I prefer to not risk being "exposed."
Old 08-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammimouse View Post
To prevent " thigh burn " there is a great product called Body Glide . It goes on like a stick deodorant . It is available at sporting goods stores for runners.
Will try this. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I wore my regular bikini underwear last summer under skirts and dresses. How about the boy short type underwear? They offer a little fuller coverage.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
grammimouse
Mouseketeer

I wear dresses EVERYday to the parks. I just wear regular " undies " . My sun dresses are very lightweight and super comfy.They come down past my knees , so , there is not a worry of them going too far up. I have received so any compliments every time too . Wear whatever YOU feel most comfortable in --- the days are pretty long out there in those parks
Old 08-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
bluezy
Mouseketeer

My DS's GF wore dresses to the parks several times when we were there in June. She wore one of her (what seemed like endless supply of) bikinis under her dress every day.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammimouse View Post
I wear dresses EVERYday to the parks. I just wear regular " undies " . My sun dresses are very lightweight and super comfy.They come down past my knees , so , there is not a worry of them going too far up. I have received so any compliments every time too . Wear whatever YOU feel most comfortable in --- the days are pretty long out there in those parks
I do exactly the same. I don't recall any instance where I flashed anyone. My dresses aren't past my knees but they are close to my knees and I haven't felt a need to wear shorts under them.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

I always wear a pair of tight shorts or leggings under dresses. To be honest, it's because I'm not as aware of my legs as I should be and frequently sit down in unladylike positions without thinking. Or, I'm climbing in and out of something low and don't want to worry about accidental flashing. This way I know I'm covered.

These are the shorts I'm planning on wearing under my dresses on my upcomming trip: http://www.jockey.com/Catalog/Produc...mies-Slipshort

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o View Post
I always wear a pair of tight shorts or leggings under dresses. To be honest, it's because I'm not as aware of my legs as I should be and frequently sit down in unladylike positions without thinking. Or, I'm climbing in and out of something low and don't want to worry about accidental flashing. This way I know I'm covered.

These are the shorts I'm planning on wearing under my dresses on my upcomming trip: http://www.jockey.com/Catalog/Produc...mies-Slipshort
These ones are a good option. I wore almost exclusively dresses with shorts underneath. Mine were from victorias secrets VSX line that are seamless and shorter than the jockey pair because I wore shorter ish dresses. I suggest any sporting goods store. They sell seamless, breathable yoga shorts that are very thin, will not show through the dress and are comfy.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
cobright
DIS Veteran

Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

I usually don't wear any shorts or anything under my dresses, but they are all like ankle length and I am so used to wearing them that it's not really a problem. I know how they behave and am used to tucking them tightly under me so the skirts don't fly up, how to sit in them, etc.

If your dresses are shorter and you feel like you need to wear something under them, how about a pair of cute little bloomers? They're dressier and girlier than bike shorts, and I've seen a bunch of pretty ones with lace trim and such on etsy.
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #14
ShayBells
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyFlower2 View Post
Finally decided on wearing breathable lightweight summer dresses in the parks with flip flops. My question is what (if anything) should I wear under them? I feel like only elementary school girls wear shorts under their dresses..lol But I kind of like the idea of not flashing the person behind me in space mountain. What do the women that wear dresses do? (sorry if this is a silly question)
I wear shorts under mine and I get ones with buttons on the back pocket so I can carry my cards with no worries of them falling out. I do this at home too. But I like the idea of spanks or short leggings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
ShayBells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThrillingChase

These ones are a good option. I wore almost exclusively dresses with shorts underneath. Mine were from victorias secrets VSX line that are seamless and shorter than the jockey pair because I wore shorter ish dresses. I suggest any sporting goods store. They sell seamless, breathable yoga shorts that are very thin, will not show through the dress and are comfy.
I wear bicycle shorts too (unless the dress is past my knees, but I probably will anyway at WDW). I get Danskin Now from Walmart, and they also sell the short ones too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: