Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran
 
nikkyluvsmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: long island
Posts: 616

Tipping while on the dining plan

I know i am gonna get flamed for this but i really dont feel i should let the amount of my meal decide how much i should be obliged to leave the waitstaff. I have prevously waitressed in my past and i understood that the guest has no legal responsability to tip me for my service they are only required to pay for their meal. I accepted the position knowing the sad pay i would be receiving and still chose to accept the position. If i get crappy service on a $ 100 meal i am not going to leave more than a $5 tip maybe because the cost of my meal does not reflect on the service i received. It took the waitress the same effort to bring me a 10 dollar meal as it did to bring a 100 dollar one. Does anyone agree with me?
__________________
nikkyluvsmickey is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran
 
Lucille1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 974

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
I know i am gonna get flamed for this but i really dont feel i should let the amount of my meal decide how much i should be obliged to leave the waitstaff. I have prevously waitressed in my past and i understood that the guest has no legal responsability to tip me for my service they are only required to pay for their meal. I accepted the position knowing the sad pay i would be receiving and still chose to accept the position. If i get crappy service on a $ 100 meal i am not going to leave more than a $5 tip maybe because the cost of my meal does not reflect on the service i received. It took the waitress the same effort to bring me a 10 dollar meal as it did to bring a 100 dollar one. Does anyone agree with me?
__________________
Lucille1963 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,687

No, I don't agree. It is how the system works in the USA. Getting lousy service is the only reason you should leave a smaller tip. Being mad at the system is not a reason.

By the way, tipping discussions are not allowed outside of the official tipping thread. So don't be surprised when this one is locked up.
__________________
maxiesmom is online now  
Old 08-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran
 
nikkyluvsmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: long island
Posts: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
No, I don't agree. It is how the system works in the USA. Getting lousy service is the only reason you should leave a smaller tip. Being mad at the system is not a reason.

By the way, tipping discussions are not allowed outside of the official tipping thread. So don't be surprised when this one is locked up.
I did not now i was not allowed to make this post so i apologize to the boards and u seem a little upset with my question i was just asking for other peoples perspectives i am not mad at the sytem..lol.
__________________
nikkyluvsmickey is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
lauradis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East of cleveland ohio
Posts: 2,191

Yep bad you, your horrible person for having your own ideas.. Next time keep you ideas to your self unless you want to be black list as a horrible person.
lauradis is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran
 
nikkyluvsmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: long island
Posts: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post
Yep bad you, your horrible person for having your own ideas.. Next time keep you ideas to your self unless you want to be black list as a horrible person.
__________________
nikkyluvsmickey is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 21,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post
Yep bad you, your horrible person for having your own ideas.. Next time keep you ideas to your self unless you want to be black list as a horrible person.
The OP knew they would get "flamed" for this post. I'm guessing they knew they would get a strong reaction from people who didn't share their viewpoint.
__________________
maxiesmom is online now  
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran
 
dawnhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,462

Some people agree with you. They're wrong and so are you. If you get truly bad service, complain to a manager.
__________________
dawnhaze is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mt Kisco, NY
Posts: 1,227

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
Some people agree with you. They're wrong and so are you. If you get truly bad service, complain to a manager.
LOL- how are they wrong??? how is the thread starter wrong????

the only way they are "wrong" is if tipping is not only required but a certain % of the bill is also mandatory as a tip....when Disney gives you the bill to sign, as WDW as well as on DCL, they offer you suggested percentages to leave as a tip...you can take their suggestions or leave a greater tip or a lesser tip...
__________________
Zeppelin is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran
 
nikkyluvsmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: long island
Posts: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
LOL- how are they wrong??? how is the thread starter wrong????

the only way they are "wrong" is if tipping is not only required but a certain % of the bill is also mandatory as a tip....when Disney gives you the bill to sign, as WDW as well as on DCL, they offer you suggested percentages to leave as a tip...you can take their suggestions or leave a greater tip or a lesser tip...
__________________
nikkyluvsmickey is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran
 
dawnhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,462

You're cheap. Stop trying to justify it.
__________________
dawnhaze is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran
 
nikkyluvsmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: long island
Posts: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
You're cheap. Stop trying to justify it.
you are bound and determined to making his personal it is called a forum for a reason ..an exchange of ideas and not personal attacks.
__________________
nikkyluvsmickey is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran
 
dawnhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,462

Calling you cheap is an observation, not an attack. You're trying to do some internet debate kung fu here to cover up the fact that you're wrong. Tipping works the way it works whether or not cheap tightwads like it. If you want to pretend you got bad service to screw your server out of wages, that's on your karma, not mine.

Have a nice life being cheap. Maybe don't eat at sit down restaurants if you don't like tipping. The dollar menu at McD's might be more your style.
__________________
dawnhaze is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran
 
nikkyluvsmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: long island
Posts: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
Calling you cheap is an observation, not an attack. You're trying to do some internet debate kung fu here to cover up the fact that you're wrong. Tipping works the way it works whether or not cheap tightwads like it. If you want to pretend you got bad service to screw your server out of wages, that's on your karma, not mine.

Have a nice life being cheap. Maybe don't eat at sit down restaurants if you don't like tipping. The dollar menu at McD's might be more your style.
omg lady get a grip... you are getting nuts about this topic
__________________
nikkyluvsmickey is offline  
Old 08-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran
 
dawnhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post

omg lady get a grip... you are getting nuts about this topic
You're the one who started the topic knowing full well that your opinion would be inflammatory. Most of the internet calls that "trolling" - I just think you're wrong. And cheap.
__________________
dawnhaze is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.