Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Tipping while on the dining plan

I know i am gonna get flamed for this but i really dont feel i should let the amount of my meal decide how much i should be obliged to leave the waitstaff. I have prevously waitressed in my past and i understood that the guest has no legal responsability to tip me for my service they are only required to pay for their meal. I accepted the position knowing the sad pay i would be receiving and still chose to accept the position. If i get crappy service on a $ 100 meal i am not going to leave more than a $5 tip maybe because the cost of my meal does not reflect on the service i received. It took the waitress the same effort to bring me a 10 dollar meal as it did to bring a 100 dollar one. Does anyone agree with me?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
I know i am gonna get flamed for this but i really dont feel i should let the amount of my meal decide how much i should be obliged to leave the waitstaff. I have prevously waitressed in my past and i understood that the guest has no legal responsability to tip me for my service they are only required to pay for their meal. I accepted the position knowing the sad pay i would be receiving and still chose to accept the position. If i get crappy service on a $ 100 meal i am not going to leave more than a $5 tip maybe because the cost of my meal does not reflect on the service i received. It took the waitress the same effort to bring me a 10 dollar meal as it did to bring a 100 dollar one. Does anyone agree with me?
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

No, I don't agree. It is how the system works in the USA. Getting lousy service is the only reason you should leave a smaller tip. Being mad at the system is not a reason.

By the way, tipping discussions are not allowed outside of the official tipping thread. So don't be surprised when this one is locked up.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
No, I don't agree. It is how the system works in the USA. Getting lousy service is the only reason you should leave a smaller tip. Being mad at the system is not a reason.

By the way, tipping discussions are not allowed outside of the official tipping thread. So don't be surprised when this one is locked up.
I did not now i was not allowed to make this post so i apologize to the boards and u seem a little upset with my question i was just asking for other peoples perspectives i am not mad at the sytem..lol.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Yep bad you, your horrible person for having your own ideas.. Next time keep you ideas to your self unless you want to be black list as a horrible person.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post
Yep bad you, your horrible person for having your own ideas.. Next time keep you ideas to your self unless you want to be black list as a horrible person.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post
The OP knew they would get "flamed" for this post. I'm guessing they knew they would get a strong reaction from people who didn't share their viewpoint.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Some people agree with you. They're wrong and so are you. If you get truly bad service, complain to a manager.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
Some people agree with you. They're wrong and so are you. If you get truly bad service, complain to a manager.
LOL- how are they wrong??? how is the thread starter wrong????

the only way they are "wrong" is if tipping is not only required but a certain % of the bill is also mandatory as a tip....when Disney gives you the bill to sign, as WDW as well as on DCL, they offer you suggested percentages to leave as a tip...you can take their suggestions or leave a greater tip or a lesser tip...
Old 08-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
LOL- how are they wrong??? how is the thread starter wrong????

the only way they are "wrong" is if tipping is not only required but a certain % of the bill is also mandatory as a tip....when Disney gives you the bill to sign, as WDW as well as on DCL, they offer you suggested percentages to leave as a tip...you can take their suggestions or leave a greater tip or a lesser tip...
Old 08-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

You're cheap. Stop trying to justify it.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're cheap. Stop trying to justify it.
you are bound and determined to making his personal it is called a forum for a reason ..an exchange of ideas and not personal attacks.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Calling you cheap is an observation, not an attack. You're trying to do some internet debate kung fu here to cover up the fact that you're wrong. Tipping works the way it works whether or not cheap tightwads like it. If you want to pretend you got bad service to screw your server out of wages, that's on your karma, not mine.

Have a nice life being cheap. Maybe don't eat at sit down restaurants if you don't like tipping. The dollar menu at McD's might be more your style.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Calling you cheap is an observation, not an attack. You're trying to do some internet debate kung fu here to cover up the fact that you're wrong. Tipping works the way it works whether or not cheap tightwads like it. If you want to pretend you got bad service to screw your server out of wages, that's on your karma, not mine.

Have a nice life being cheap. Maybe don't eat at sit down restaurants if you don't like tipping. The dollar menu at McD's might be more your style.
omg lady get a grip... you are getting nuts about this topic
Old 08-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post

omg lady get a grip... you are getting nuts about this topic
You're the one who started the topic knowing full well that your opinion would be inflammatory. Most of the internet calls that "trolling" - I just think you're wrong. And cheap.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: