Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

Pop Century new menu

Hi all! Haven't been to this resort in a couple years. I've read they've changed their menu up a bit. Does anyone have pics or comments on any of the food? A lot of it seems delicious just wondering what opinions are out there. Thanks
Terpgirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I will be at pop by noon today. I will post pics if I can. But I did see a thread about the food. If I find the link I will post that as well.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! Have a fantastic trip. I'll be tnere in about two and a half weeks.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

We'll also be at Pop soon (well, late October but still...) so thanks for asking that question!

Goofyintoronto : enjoy your trip fellow canadian!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

I think all of us are Canadians lol! I don't notice till you mentioned the other poster was. Haven't heard much on how pple are enjoying the new menu and looking forward to reports.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
The Great Oz
Earning My Ears

I always enjoy the Tilapia sandwich with pasta salad.
The Great Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Oz View Post
I always enjoy the Tilapia sandwich with pasta salad.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
Eureka
DIS Veteran

So I went through my trip pictures and notes and guess I didn't take any of the Pop meals, or else they didn't come out. I thought I had. Anyway, for dinner on our arrival night, the kids had flatbread pizzas (one cheese, one pepperoni), DH had a sloppy joe and I had a Mediterranean flatbread with spinach, artichoke and feta. The boys did not like their pizza at all, it was soggy. DH liked his meal and DS10 actually had a sloppy joe for lunch the next time we ate there. My flatbread was pretty good actually. We much preferred the brownie sundaes we had for dessert

When we had lunch there, I had a tuna sandwich which I liked -- although this is what I meant about not having normal sandwiches -- they had a turkey "dinner" sandwich with cranberry sauce and stuffing, but not just a plain turkey sandwich. And the tuna was on a multigrain croissant, which was just strange even though it tasted fine. It wasn't flaky; they should have just used multigrain bread.

One morning when I wanted more than the dry cereal and granola bars we'd brought, I went over to look at the options. When we stayed at ASMovies, they had a breakfast sandwich but nothing at Pop like that. Plenty of omelets and pancakes but nothing small and quick. I ended up getting a chocolate croissant, which was very good, but I was really hoping for something more protein-rich.

(And I never did see the tie dye cheesecake. I wanted to try it, if only for the novelty factor)

Edited to add: I found a picture of my flatbread on my husband's iPad. I got it without black olives.

Last edited by Eureka; 08-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
So I went through my trip pictures and notes and guess I didn't take any of the Pop meals, or else they didn't come out. I thought I had. Anyway, for dinner on our arrival night, the kids had flatbread pizzas (one cheese, one pepperoni), DH had a sloppy joe and I had a Mediterranean flatbread with spinach, artichoke and feta. The boys did not like their pizza at all, it was soggy. DH liked his meal and DS10 actually had a sloppy joe for lunch the next time we ate there. My flatbread was pretty good actually. We much preferred the brownie sundaes we had for dessert

When we had lunch there, I had a tuna sandwich which I liked -- although this is what I meant about not having normal sandwiches -- they had a turkey "dinner" sandwich with cranberry sauce and stuffing, but not just a plain turkey sandwich. And the tuna was on a multigrain croissant, which was just strange even though it tasted fine. It wasn't flaky; they should have just used multigrain bread.

One morning when I wanted more than the dry cereal and granola bars we'd brought, I went over to look at the options. When we stayed at ASMovies, they had a breakfast sandwich but nothing at Pop like that. Plenty of omelets and pancakes but nothing small and quick. I ended up getting a chocolate croissant, which was very good, but I was really hoping for something more protein-rich.

(And I never did see the tie dye cheesecake. I wanted to try it, if only for the novelty factor)
Glad your husband and son liked the sloppy joe. I was wondering about that one. I've never even heard of a multigrain croissant. Just sounds weird IMHO. Flatbread sounds like an option for us. They better have tie dyed cheesecake when we're there. It was always one of my favorites though from new pictures I've seen it doesn't look like how I remember. Has anyone tried the King cupcake? I'm not a fan of mock banana flavor and wondered how the custard on the inside fared. Hope you're having a good trip regardless.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

No more chocolate chip pancakes?????? My kids will be so sad No Reuben flatbread, no personal pizzas, no chicken nuggets, no Mom's Night out fried chicken.......what on earth!!! If they've gotten rid of the Breakfast Platter my husband may just stay home LOL. I'm glad we don't have a lot of meals planned at POP this year.

I just did a search and do see they have a Reuben Stromboli, but another change is the TieDye Cheesecake is smaller . Like a cupcake size.

Last edited by TheRatPack; 08-26-2013 at 11:46 AM.
TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Orange Team
Earning My Ears

I had the pepperoni pizza bread and the make-your-own-burrito at Pop just after they changed to the new menu. I enjoyed both.

I also had the King cupcake. It was really good with the peanut butter. The banana flavor isn't too strong - it tasted close to real banana to me and seemed alright.
Orange Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #12
vleeth
I heart Disney

Can anyone tell me what, if any, Pop desserts are not allowed on the dining plna?
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
Eureka
DIS Veteran

We just got back. I have some pics not uploaded yet. Ate dinner one night and lunch one day. We were not impressed with the quality and I did not like the selection. There were a lot of things I thought were odd choices and not enough "regular" sandwiches etc. I remember liking the All Star Movies food court meals better. Will be reviewing a few things on my trip report soon.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
We just got back. I have some pics not uploaded yet. Ate dinner one night and lunch one day. We were not impressed with the quality and I did not like the selection. There were a lot of things I thought were odd choices and not enough "regular" sandwiches etc. I remember liking the All Star Movies food court meals better. Will be reviewing a few things on my trip report soon.
I totally agree with you. We were at POP 7/31-8/2 and we were not impressed either. DS wanted the nachos until he learned they were made with potato chips. We only ate in the food court once. We walked over to AOA and ate there.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post

I totally agree with you. We were at POP 7/31-8/2 and we were not impressed either. DS wanted the nachos until he learned they were made with potato chips. We only ate in the food court once. We walked over to AOA and ate there.
Nachos made with potato chips!? What the heck!? My DH will not be pleased with that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: