Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
bonne403
Earning My Ears

Zombies at CRT

Just 4 weeks until our trip! We are attending MNSSHP on Tuesday, September 24. It is also the only day we were able to secure reservations for CRT. Our family of 4 was planning on dressing up as Zombie cheerleaders/football players for the party. We will hit MK at RD, head back to the resort at noon for a rest and wardrobe change, and head back to MK for our 4 o'clock reservations and stay through the party.

My question is, will it be too bizarre for us to be dressed up in this way at CRT? I'm picturing a sea of little girls in princess garb and then we'll walk in with our crazy costumes. I suppose we could bring them and change after dinner but that feels like a huge hassle.

Thoughts?
bonne403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
MEK
DIS Veteran

I actually think its kind of cool. There are a lot of costumes out and about before the parties start. I don't think there's a rule that says you can't.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

No, not too bizarre, but your story made me giggle. Have a great time.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
mum2four
Mouseketeer

Haha, this is one of the best thread titles I've seen in a awhile. I think it would be pretty funny to see zombies at CRT.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
nimbuscat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Haha, this is one of the best thread titles I've seen in a awhile. I think it would be pretty funny to see zombies at CRT.
This! Go and enjoy! The princesses may even have a little fun with you.

Disneyland (day trip) - March 2005
Walt Disney World (off-site) - April 1997, July 1992
nimbuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I actually think its kind of cool. There are a lot of costumes out and about before the parties start. I don't think there's a rule that says you can't.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

As an adult I find this hilarious, but might scare kids. You have to post pics of zombies and princesses though. This idea is great, as long as the little girls in there aren't screaming and crying the whole time.

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle
No, not too bizarre, but your story made me giggle. Have a great time.
I agree! Have the best time!

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *

DummbGiRL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonne403 View Post
Just 4 weeks until our trip! We are attending MNSSHP on Tuesday, September 24. It is also the only day we were able to secure reservations for CRT. Our family of 4 was planning on dressing up as Zombie cheerleaders/football players for the party. We will hit MK at RD, head back to the resort at noon for a rest and wardrobe change, and head back to MK for our 4 o'clock reservations and stay through the party.

My question is, will it be too bizarre for us to be dressed up in this way at CRT? I'm picturing a sea of little girls in princess garb and then we'll walk in with our crazy costumes. I suppose we could bring them and change after dinner but that feels like a huge hassle.

Thoughts?
I'll be the dissenter. I think I would be concerned about scaring little kids dining with the princesses at this meal.

The theme for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is not so scary. Not sure zombies fit that theme.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I'll be the dissenter. I think I would be concerned about scaring little kids dining with the princesses at this meal.

The theme for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is not so scary. Not sure zombies fit that theme.
I haven't been to MNSSHP, but I would agree. While there will be lots of people dressed up for the party in the park, a lot of the families who have a reservation at 4 are just there for CRT.
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
purple figment
DIS Veteran

I think it depends on how much blood, gore and scary factor there is in your costumes and make up. For many little girls dressed to the hilt in their princess outfits and BBB makeover, meeting the Princesses is a highlight of their trip. I would feel very badly if my make up and costume scared the little 3 or 4 year old at the next table.

Although many people are in costume I've only seen a handful of scary (to little kids) kinds of outfits in all of the parties I've been to. Maybe you could wear your costumes, but put on the make up after dinner.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #12
jadelane1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment
I think it depends on how much blood, gore and scary factor there is in your costumes and make up. For many little girls dressed to the hilt in their princess outfits and BBB makeover, meeting the Princesses is a highlight of their trip. I would feel very badly if my make up and costume scared the little 3 or 4 year old at the next table.

Although many people are in costume I've only seen a handful of scary (to little kids) kinds of outfits in all of the parties I've been to. Maybe you could wear your costumes, but put on the make up after dinner.
I think this is a great idea. Dress in the costumes and do the make up after dinner. I think that would be the best solution for everyone. I know that it would upset me to see my little one not enjoy CRT. While I think the idea is funny I also think you should have some consideration for other families too.
jadelane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

While I"m sure the OP will have her family as sort of "zombie LITE", given that it's the "NOT so scary" party....it was zombies on Good Luck Charlie that got my son to stop watching that show. The family as zombies just scared the crud out of him. And I think it might have messed with my little cousin, too, because at the end of school kids started bringing in their own shows and movies, and there was *something* involving zombies that gave her nightmares. They'd been thinking it was a horrid zombie movie, but when I told them about my son and the Good Luck Charlie zombie episode they realized it might have been that. (they took my cousin out of that school over the zombie-movie issue...this MASSIVELY affected my little cousin)

So even if they are on the "lite" side of zombies, it could really mess up a little kid who is just there to eat in the castle.

I know I wouldn't do it. (wouldn't be a zombie for MNSSHP, actually, but then I'm not one for gore to begin with)

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
cobright
DIS Veteran

Voice of moderation then ... Ashen faced, gaunt, and shambling might be okay but face half decayed and an eyeball falling out ... not so much.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #15
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Honestly, the atmosphere at CRT is so chaotic (with all the princesses and such) that I have never paid attention to another guest. Go and have fun with it, OP! I think most little princesses there will be distracted by the real princesses to pay any attention to you. Unless you are a great makeup artist (not trying to imply you're not!) I'm sure a zombie is just going to look like an old person in torn clothes to most little kids. LOL. Even the MNSSHP parade has zombies in it!
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: