Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

Going Down the Bayou .... 5 Weeks in WDW and a Dream Cruise

The Not So Scary, Very Merry Christmas and Birthday Celebration! 5 Weeks in WDW and a Dream Cruise! October – November 2013

Hazaa….. Palapalapa…… Maliki Liki….

Hi Everyone!!!

Today marks 57 days until we arrive at Disney World so we thought that we would start our pre trip report to share all our wonderful upcoming plans.

My name is Shannon and my sister is Amanda – her username is Disney_Princess83. We are sisters from Sydney,Australia and best friends who share a love of all things Disney, Starbucks and Musicals.

We are headed to WDW on October 17th for a 5 week Disney vacation. During the 5 weeks, we are doing a Disney Cruise on the Dream, MNSSHP, MVMCP and Food and Wine Festival.

Last year we visited WDW for 3 weeks in January/February and loved it so much, that we had to come back again this year! We really wanted to do both the Halloween and Christmas parties. Halloween isn’t really celebration here in Australia so we are very excited to get dressed up as our favourite Disney characters and go trick or treating around MK.

Thanks to my iPhone - that has been diagnosed with pixlexia, it often creates “new” words. Our personal favourites have been – Crusta for Crystal Palace and the Wild Dress Lodge for the Wilderness Lodge. It also helped give us a great “new” word – Palapalapa. We don’t really know what it means but we now use it when we are happy and excited. It usually goes hand in hand with “Hazaa” and “Maliki liki” - taken from POTC 2 from the tribal villagers when they are attacking my future husband Jack Sparrow (Okay… maybe not but a girl can dream….)

So feel free to pull up a Magic Carpet or Teacup and grab yourself some Starbucks (or a Dole Whip, or Coke Float) while we introduce ourselves.

Shannon

Twitter: WickedDreamer

Favourite Park: Animal Kingdom followed closely by Magic Kingdom

Favourite Disney Resort: Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodge

Favourite Ride: Peter Pans Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean, 3 Caballeros, Dinosaur, Soarin, Kilimanjaro Safari’s and the Monorail- coming into MK at night with all the lights on along Main Street.

Favourite Princesses: Tiana, Ariel, Mulan, Vanellope and Jasmine

Favourite Princes: Eric, Naveen, Aladdin and Shang

Other Character: Stitch, Pluto, Timon, Rafiki, Daisy, Ralph

For me it feels like we have arrived at WDW when….. Even though this is our second time back it will be going to DTD and grab Earl of Sandwich , going into the Pin shop and then riding the carousel.

Favourite Memories from last trip: I have so many memories from last trip ,running around MK at 1:30am with hardly anyone around and skipping along main street as we exited on our last night, having all the characters in the parade wishing me a Happy Birthday, a CM giving me a Figaro pin in AK, running around Adventureland during a rain storm and riding the Magic carpets 6 times back to back without getting off, getting stuck on Pirates with a bunch of strangers but we all had so much fun getting unstuck, the day we literally got stuck on every ride we rode – Peter Pan, Pirates, IaSW. The Elephants squirting me with water with their trunks on, Timon writing number one fan in my autograph book. Captain Jack picking me for the pirate Tutorial

Other Information: I am looking forward to going on our first Disney Cruise this trip, it’s been a long time planning for us to go, and I can’t wait till we finally get to embark on the Dream. I’m a big animal fan so loved spending time at AK wandering the trails, on the Safari and observing all the little details.

Amanda

Twitter: To Be Confirmed

Favourite Park: Animal Kingdom

Favourite Disney Resort: Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn

Favourite Rides: POTC, PhilHarmagic, TeaCups, Tiki Room, Buzz Lightyear Spin, It’s A Small World, Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinoaur, Soarin’, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth (basically EVERYTHING except Stitch)

Favourite Princesses: Merida, Tiana, Mulan, Aurora

Favourite Princes: Beast, Naveen, Phillip & Shang

Other Character: Ralph, Vanellope, Mike, Mickey, Giselle

For me it feels like we have arrived at WDW when: We go to DTD, buy our AP’s and visit the Pin Shop and eat at Earl of Sandwich.

Memories from Last Trip: The look on my sisters face when she saw Pluto for the first time. Running through Fantasyland as the clock struck midnight (literally) and a manager told a CM to let us onto the Carousel – we were the only ones on the ride in an empty Fantasyland. Watching the Jammin’ Jungle Parade twice in one day (twice in the loop) and getting a hug from Timon. My sister telling me that Goofy meets in a bikini at Blizzard Beach. Being freezing cold in Liberty Square, huddled under a blanket and watching MSEP, asking a CM if I could get a refund on my magic wand since it clearly was faulty – it wouldn’t pack my suitcase no matter how many times I said Bibbity Bobbity Boo.

Over the next few days we shall post up our plans for WDW, the Parties - including our costumes and party dates and our dining reservations. Hope you have enjoyed this Introduction and :

'Please make sure your arms and legs stay inside your ride vehicle at all times during this Pre Trip report and and remember at the end of this trip report the doors shall open Automagically !!!'

Shannon and Amanda

Twitter:WickedDreamer

Last edited by WickedDreamer; 09-11-2013 at 08:51 AM.
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
WickedDreamer
Mouseketeer

The Not So Scary, Very Merry Christmas and Birthday Celebration! 5 Weeks in WDW and a Dream Cruise!

Table of Contents

Introductions

Twitter:WickedDreamer

Last edited by WickedDreamer; 09-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.
WickedDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Thank you!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to following along on your adventure. Have arrest time I ams ure I will just reading along.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

Wow! 5 weeks at WDW and a cruise sounds awesome to me! Hope you guys have a great time.
MataHari22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

I love catching trip reports right at the beginning! 5 whole weeks?! and a DCL trip? I am so ready to hear of your adventures! The Wilderness MUST be Explored!
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!
megveg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: