Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
DisneyParkLover
Mouseketeer

Question Low carb on dining plan?

My dad is on a low/no carb diet for health reasons. We are going to WDW next month and we will have free dining (the regular plan). He is wondering what his options are. I know quick service options will be limited - does anyone have any suggestions? Also, what about desserts at table service. I have read on here that there are some places that will let you substitute a cheese plate for dessert. Does anyone know if this is allowed at most places? Are there any other options for substituting dessert (for a side, appetizer, etc)? This diet was recommended by his doctor so he could probably get a written letter if it would help. Any suggestion/advice is appreciated!
DisneyParkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
rtilner
Mouseketeer

Special Diets

You need to contact Disney direct with that question.

They are used to making arrangements for people who have special dietary needs.

Go to Disneyparks.com either email them or have an online chat with 1 of the cast members. They will tell you where and how far in advance that you need to contact them with your special needs.

And I believe when you make your reservation there is area when you book on line to check off for special dietary requests.
rtilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
mistysue
DIS Veteran

If you are really concerned you can ask Disney, but they really arent going to say much and will likely email you a list of places that will accomodate you- whixh will include every single food service location. This list is accurate.
You can email specialdiets@Disneyworld.com to get them to tell you this themselves.

When you arrive at the location you would like to dine at ask to speak to the chef. They will come to your table or the register you are ordering at and discuss what they will do for you. It doesnt sound like they need advance planning so you really can just wing it there.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: