Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
erocrobro
DIS Veteran
 
erocrobro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 665

Cat 5E

I am trying to plan ahead so that when the 2015 itineraries come out I will be ready to tell my TA what I want. On our first cruise we were in a 5A. I loved the location and the room was great, but I think next time I want to try for one of the 5Es with the huge verandah. My question is this: Are all 5Es the same or do I need to search through room reports and have specific room numbers ready for my TA? This will be on the Fantasy.
__________________


erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
DisKate
DIS Veteran
 
DisKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Closer to the magic (NC)
Posts: 892

Not all 5E are the same. I would recommend looking at a deck plan to get an idea of the way the verandas differ for different room numbers. Dcl doesn't have the sq footage that the different rooms verandas are so you'll have to base your decision off of pictures. Also the ones with the huge verandas that aren't accessible are very limited so they book up very fast!
DisKate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Callymum
DIS Veteran
 
Callymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 787

The 5E are all extended Verandahs of some kind. They may be different sizes though. Check the stateroom reports and the Ship layout you want.

This link is good. Pick the Ship and it tells you what are the best of each category.
http://cruiseadvice.org/CruiseShips/...e=disney+dream
__________________
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
erocrobro
DIS Veteran
 
erocrobro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 665

Thanks! I will start researching now. That should help pass some of the time until they release new dates.
__________________


erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
tigerfan2012
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
I am trying to plan ahead so that when the 2015 itineraries come out I will be ready to tell my TA what I want. On our first cruise we were in a 5A. I loved the location and the room was great, but I think next time I want to try for one of the 5Es with the huge verandah. My question is this: Are all 5Es the same or do I need to search through room reports and have specific room numbers ready for my TA? This will be on the Fantasy.
Im in 10658 on Dream in a month. Looking forward to the large balcony. Only other one I have had like it was on a CCL Spirit class aft wrap which was almost,dare I say, too big.
__________________
tigerfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
erocrobro
DIS Veteran
 
erocrobro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 665

I don't know why I'm making myself so crazy about it. I really want to try the aft rooms with the huge balconies, but on the other hand, I absolutely loved our 5A on deck 10. The location was perfect so I'm worried we won't like the 5A as much. I guess if we don't, it's just an excuse to cruise again and get our old room back! I'm also torn about whether to do another Eastern or try the Western, but that's a whole different can of worms.
__________________


erocrobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 6,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocrobro View Post
I don't know why I'm making myself so crazy about it. I really want to try the aft rooms with the huge balconies, but on the other hand, I absolutely loved our 5A on deck 10. The location was perfect so I'm worried we won't like the 5A as much. I guess if we don't, it's just an excuse to cruise again and get our old room back! I'm also torn about whether to do another Eastern or try the Western, but that's a whole different can of worms.
I had a 5A on the Dream - 9648. Then, had a 5E three times on the Fantasy. There's no comparison in our book - 5E wins hands down!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
lizabu
DIS Veteran
 
lizabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2012 View Post

Im in 10658 on Dream in a month. Looking forward to the large balcony. Only other one I have had like it was on a CCL Spirit class aft wrap which was almost,dare I say, too big.
I have 10158 booked on the Dream for our trip ...all the way in March.

The cool thing about the rooms on the corners is the balconies wrap around the corner giving you an even larger balcony.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
KPOP
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2012 View Post
Im in 10658 on Dream in a month. Looking forward to the large balcony. Only other one I have had like it was on a CCL Spirit class aft wrap which was almost,dare I say, too big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I have 10158 booked on the Dream for our trip ...all the way in March.

The cool thing about the rooms on the corners is the balconies wrap around the corner giving you an even larger balcony.

I'm in 10658 next August (2014)...can't wait!
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
KPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
monica23535
DIS Veteran
 
monica23535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 600

We had 10164 on the Dream and it was fabulous. Huge balcony and amazing views of Castaway Cay for the whole day we docked there.
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside Nov 2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club CL Nov 2010
Old Key West & Royal Pacific CL Oct 2011
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
fredandkell
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 60

I would avoid the aft 5E rooms on Decks 5 and 6 as I've heard you can hear the nightclub on Deck 4. My in-laws had a 5E on Deck 10 (Dream) and really liked it. Deck was ginormous (but keep in mind it is a whitewall).
__________________
~~~~~~~
Disney:
Magic Kingdom: 1991, 2011, 2013
EPCOT: 1995
Hollywood Studios: 2001
Animal Kingdom: 2013
Disney Dream: April 2013, February 2014

Other Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy, 1996 & 2000 (3-night Caribbean)
Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas, 2001 (3-night Caribbean)
Norwegian Sky, 2003 (7-night Alaska)
Norwegian Pride of America, 2005 (7-night Hawaii)
Booked: Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas, 2015 (4-night Caribbean)
fredandkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 6,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredandkell View Post
I would avoid the aft 5E rooms on Decks 5 and 6 as I've heard you can hear the nightclub on Deck 4. My in-laws had a 5E on Deck 10 (Dream) and really liked it. Deck was ginormous (but keep in mind it is a whitewall).
The whitewall is only shin high.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
lady9
DIS Veteran
 
lady9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 524

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and had a 4E on deck 5. The veranda is extended, but I don't think quite as big as aft. However, we researched and decided on deck 5 forward for a number of reasons, quiet was the main one. All the stateroom reports said how quiet it was, and they were right! The first night we did hear a bit of noise from people opening and closing drawers and closets unpacking but after that, it was very peaceful. We had stateroom 5548. Our veranda had 2 chairs and 2 half lounge chairs on it plus a table. We had a fabulous stateroom attendant as well. We plan to rebook in that area again.

Last edited by lady9; 08-13-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: I incorrectly listed our category as a 5E when it was a 4E.
lady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
Tancos3
Earning My Ears
 
Tancos3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9 View Post
We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and had a 4E on deck 5. The veranda is extended, but I don't think quite as big as aft. However, we researched and decided on deck 5 forward for a number of reasons, quiet was the main one. All the stateroom reports said how quiet it was, and they were right! The first night we did hear a bit of noise from people opening and closing drawers and closets unpacking but after that, it was very peaceful. We had stateroom 5548. Our veranda had 2 chairs and 2 half lounge chairs on it plus a table. We had a fabulous stateroom attendant as well. We plan to rebook in that area again.
We were in 5544 in may on the fantasy and we loved it! Great floor, quiet area, close to kids club, and at night if we left the door open we could hear the ocean waves 🌊😊
__________________


Our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy May 4-11, 2013
Sailing the Disney Wonder 6 night western 10/11/14
Tancos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #15
Snurk71
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 2,881

Had 8188 (dead center with a double wide verandah) on the dream spring break 2012 and booked the same for the fantasy next spring break.

Can't imagine another cabin now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.