Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Need suggestions for proposing in Disney this week!

Hey all, about to leave for a 10 day trip to Disney, and decided to propose to my gf while we're there. She thinks this proposal is months away, but the jeweler will have the ring ready by Friday, and we leave Sunday, sooooo, want some ideas as to where/how/etc. I was gonna call our hotel and ask for some help, but this is the best resource to use. So fire away with suggestions. I'm all ears right now. Just want some outside input to help build my decision.
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
parlay
Mouseketeer

If you have a meal planned, you can ask the restaurant/server for assistance. I've seen a proposal at Cinderellas Royal Table at dessert. The ring came on the dessert plate.

parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
katiee37
DIS Veteran

First off, congratulations!!!

Second, tailor it to what you know she likes. If she's a beach kind of girl, watching Wishes on Polynesian's beach would be romantic. If she has a particular favorite character, incorporate meeting that character into it. I would love to be proposed to in front of Mickey
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
If you have a meal planned, you can ask the restaurant/server for assistance. I've seen a proposal at Cinderellas Royal Table at dessert. The ring came on the dessert plate.
Just to add on to this, if you choose to propose to CRT and want the dessert and such(you can also have the ring delivered in something like an engraved slipper, but I believe they have other options) you must call Disney and book it. Just having an ADR will not be enough. If you book an engagement package with CRT you also get a photopass photographer that takes pictures of the whole thing.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Still running ideas around and all the input is greatly appreciated.
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
RobynPrincess
Looking around

What about in front of a photopass guy alone Main Street, castle in the background? Or you can get the dapper dans to help (at a cost!).
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
What about in front of a photopass guy alone Main Street, castle in the background? Or you can get the dapper dans to help (at a cost!).
Just so you know- this is one of the most crowded areas in the parks. There were photos on a thread here last week of a proposal in exactly this spot- and it was photobombed. If you want a proposal with a photo op with the castle in the background either do it before a pre-park opening breakfast or after the park officially closes at night. Or over in the Rose Garden, where there's less traffic. Down at the old Swan Boats dock would be even more private.

I love the idea of proposing while watching Wishes from Sunset Pointe at the Poly. It's a very romantic spot.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

A private boat ride for Wishes sounds good to me! I love scavenger hunts so my dream proposal would be a scavenger hunt planned out for me in the MK ending in a proposal in front of the castle. The mosaics in Cinderella's castle would be a pretty backdrop.

Here are some ideas from Touring Plans. Some of the verbage is a little corny but the ideas are still good. http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/12...-disney-world/

Congratulations! Watching a Disney proposal is on my Disney bucket list. Hope things work out smoothly. Keep us all updated!
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

here is a video of a scavenger hunt proposal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9boxrWNLT64

fireworks cruise proposal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77bf56G_G1A
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #10
ramfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
That was me! January 3, 2003.

Members since January 2009
ramfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #11
Disneyaunt4
I wonder what they put in that waxy little stick that make my lips crave it
I am a huge animal lover
No chili this year

The ring is beautiful, cannot wait to hear all about the proposal!!
Disneyaunt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

More ideas:

Rent a boat at the lagoon then fall out pretending to drown. Come up later acting like you found something--a ring--- pop the question

Grab a turkey leg and take a huge bite into to it then pretend to choke-- spit out the ring from your mouth--- pop the question

Have her ride Expidition Everest alone, and reach out where the yeti is supposed to with the ring--- pop the question

Have her pick out any snow globe she wants, buy it, then drop it on the ground in the street. After it breaks, act like the ring was inside and that you found it--- pop the question
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Crawl View Post
More ideas:

Rent a boat at the lagoon then fall out pretending to drown. Come up later acting like you found something--a ring--- pop the question

Grab a turkey leg and take a huge bite into to it then pretend to choke-- spit out the ring from your mouth--- pop the question

Have her ride Expidition Everest alone, and reach out where the yeti is supposed to with the ring--- pop the question

Have her pick out any snow globe she wants, buy it, then drop it on the ground in the street. After it breaks, act like the ring was inside and that you found it--- pop the question
You had to have been elected class clown in high school!!

The ring is just beautiful and I am sure she will be very excited no matter what you choose to do.

I have actually watched a few videos of Disney proposals and there are some cute ones. There is one of a couple getting a character picture of them done and the artist wrote "will you marry me" on it so when it was finished and presented to them she freaked. It was cute.

I think a sweet place to do it would be by Cinderella's wishing well. Have her close her eyes and make a wish and when she opens them be on your knee with the ring in your hand.

The beach at the Poly or Grand Floridian during Wishes would be nice too.

There is a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside. That could be nice if you are wanting something more private.

You really can't mess up here because you will be at Disney. Anything you do will be magical.

Good luck!!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
catigger
Mouseketeer

My husband proposed to me on our first trip to disney world. He was so excited that he proposed about an hour after we checked into the wilderness lodge. I was glad he did it early on our trip as I was on cloud 9 for the entire stay. Wherever you do it - it will be special!
09/1998 - Engaged - WL
California native too many trips to DL to count
catigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #15
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

My husband is not one for a lot of commotion, so he did in a more private area. We stayed at AKL, and he proposed on the sunset balcony savanna at sunset. It was awesome and perfect for us. We were all alone except for a CM he tipped off to take a photo. He had the best timing too. In fact the photo is hanging on my wall and I'm looking at it now. A great memory! And now 11 years later, we have taken our DS to that spot and told him this is where it all began. I still see it as our little piece of disney heaven. But if you want to use it, I will gladly share it with you.LOL.
Where ever you do it will be a great and forever memory you get to share with your future generations. Congrats, you are picking the best place in the world to 'Officially' start your journey together!!!

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: