Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
LOUMOMOF2BOYS
Earning My Ears

Dolphinaris Kids Excursion Reviews

Anyone have any info about Dolphinaris Kids Port Adventure?
LOUMOMOF2BOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
micandsofsmom
Earning My Ears

We just came back from a 7 night western on the Fantasy. 8/3-8/10. We did the dolphin kids for DS8 and DD5, and my DH and I did the observer. We enjoyed it. We had 45 minutes in the water on a platform with the dolphins. My children thought it was amazing. This was their first dolphin encounter. You don't actually "swim" with the dolphins. It's more of a pet, hug, kiss, and tricks type thing, as well as information about the dolphins. We were able to stay in the water with the kids and the dolphins and I'm glad we did because I think my younger child would have been scared without us. The facility is very clean and pretty. There are lockers to rent so bring cash as you are not allowed to bring ANYTHING into the water w you, nor are you allowed to have sunscreen on your skin as it is not healthy for the dolphins. Be warned that the lockers are very small, we ended up needing to rent 3 of them in order to fit our stuff. I would say 1 locker fits a small, full beach bag and that's it. They take photos and video during your encounter for you, and the packages are quite pricey at the end, but we ended up asking to buy 3 photos and the guy that helped us pulled us aside and said if you buy 4 I will throw in the DVD as well so don't be afraid to negotiate what you want to purchase. Over all we had a nice experience, and I think the price for the kids and adults is worth it for what you get. Hope that helps.
micandsofsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: